Big Rock Best Shock Upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I cant have both. I need to pick just one.:cry:
Mommy said Santa will only give me one. Even though I was extra good and ate all my spinach. :(

But my Mommy said "How can you have any cake if you don't eat your spinach"?
I hate spinach.:ROFLMAO:

Typhon or EB48 2.0? which one and why?
But I don't want hijack this thread.....

Last edited:
But my Mommy said "How can you have any cake if you don't eat your spinach"?
I hate spinach.:ROFLMAO:

Typhon or EB48 2.0? which one and why?
But I don't want hijack this thread.....

I think Tower Hobbies just had a 3-day sale where the EB48 was 25% off ($450)... hope you didn't miss it.

What??? 450??? No I missed It Preblack friday sale.?

Just checked . All gone. Hey you slow, you blow. :cry: but thanks for trying to help.

I think Tower Hobbies just had a 3-day sale where the EB48 was 25% off ($450)... hope you didn't miss it.
Tower Hobbies has a $65 off coupon either way.
SAVE $65
On $370 Order!
GOBBLE65

$80 if you are a premier member.

But anyway back on topic. I really want to try the Hobao Hyper SS shocks they look nice and are rather inexpensive
Hobao/Ofna Hyper SS shocks.

Last edited:
The EB48.3 would have been sweet enough at $450. Dam the 2.0 is 6 large. The price diff = the $electrics$.
I just need, wheels/tires and ESC to complete the EB48, I have paint , motor, servo, and pinions already. I just want to build it already. :)
New old stock is ok at discount. I may call Tekno and ask who has most of their .3 inventory. They are good like that. Great tech support. Maybe they have one there floating around?

Last edited:
Tower Hobbies has a $65 off coupon either way.
SAVE $65
On $370 Order!
GOBBLE65

$80 if you are a premier member.

But anyway back on topic. I really want to try the Hobao Hyper SS shocks they look nice and are rather inexpensive
Hobao/Ofna Hyper SS shocks.

Any feedback from anyone on these?

looking to Upgrade the shocks on my big rock v3 looking for the best option.
I bought the 6s kraton bigbore shocks off ebay. They are very nice for the moneyand no more leaks!

IMG_20201029_153146.jpg

IMG_20201029_162720.jpg

Oh yeah? I've never had any issues but year the spring cup is just held on with the spring tension. I find they perform nice for the type of bashing I do. And they were only 80$cdn the arrma ones were 100 for two without springs and I did not have springs as I am running a mega chassis

Oh yeah? I've never had any issues but year the spring cup is just held on with the spring tension. I find they perform nice for the type of bashing I do. And they were only 80$cdn the arrma ones were 100 for two without springs and I did not have springs as I am running a mega chassis
Hope you have better luck than I did, but if you do lose a cup the seller will send replacements for cheap. I also stuck a gob of shoe goo on which should prevent the problem now.

I’m curious about the Hobao shocks because those look like a steal. Anyone know if the caps are aluminum?

Hope you have better luck than I did, but if you do lose a cup the seller will send replacements for cheap. I also stuck a gob of shoe goo on which should prevent the problem now.

I’m curious about the Hobao shocks because those look like a steal. Anyone know if the caps are aluminum?
Yes and no. They are a 2 piece cap, the lower part is aluminum and the upper part is plastic.
https://www.hobao-usa.com/product/90052/
https://www.hobao-usa.com/product/90049/

Last edited:
The big bore shocks are ok, but I hate that the lower spring cup isn’t captured. I’ve lost 2 when they randomly flew off. Price is right, but it’s definitely not the same quality as a real racing shock.

I took some pieces off the Granite OEM shocks to add to my Big Bore to make the springs stay cupped....I added a piece above the spring and below...

IMG_20200630_204137.jpg

I have both. Typhon shocks on my granite, Tekno shocks on my Bigrock. I would hqve to say they are both nice but i really like being able to set the Tekno shocks up however, and all the upgrades that are cheap. Delrin bushings and pistons, tini shafts.

1606684854066767954573400198673.jpg

16066849044441228694222431537190.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back