Big Rock Best Shock Upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look!
78416818-F22D-40B0-80C9-306A06974549.jpeg

I agree the 6s shocks are better. But you could also get the Hot racing shock bodies as another option. I have them and they don't leak at all.
I bent the shafts in the stock ones so need replacements

I second the hot racing shock bodies. I have them and they are amazing. Not to mention if you bend a shock they use oem replacements. they are always in stock for the most part and they are cheap!

@slick2500, interesting find. Price and all. (y) I know that using the larger 1/8 Tekno shocks are cost prohibitive, yet has been done for the 6S line however.
But the 410 shocks seem like a realistic option. New one on me.?‍♂️

@slick2500, interesting find. Price and all. (y) I know that using the larger 1/8 Tekno shocks are cost prohibitive, yet has been done for the 6S line however.
But the 410 shocks seem like a realistic option. New one on me.?‍♂️
The sad thing is that when I first made the list of all the alternative shocks for the 3s and 4s models you could almost buy 2 complete sets of the Typhon 6s shocks for the same price as the Teknos.

You cant go wrong with Tekno if its an option. :cool:
Right? I found a decent EB48.3 roller that I might snag. Guy also has a NB48.3 for the same price and I have been wanting a nitro.

I am at a cross roads.
A New EB48.3 (I am just begging to build something in kit form) OR a New 6S Typhon. I just don't know. I have plenty enough of the 6S Arrma's here too. The Tekno will cost me some more coin though. Hmm. What would you do??? ?‍♂️
I love my TeknoMT. Enjoyed that build.
You know, I never in all my RC years ever owned a buggy in any scale!!! I need one though, you think?
And currently I have 16 rigs in my collection too. But no buggy.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am at a cross roads.
A New EB48.3 (I am just begging to build something in kit form) OR a New 6S Typhon. I just don't know. I have plenty enough of the 6S Arrma's here too. The Tekno will cost me some more coin though. Hmm. What would you do??? ?‍♂️
I love my TeknoMT. Enjoyed that build.
You know, I never in all my RC years ever owned a buggy in any scale!!! I need one though, you think?
New EB48.3? Do you know someone who has some NOS laying around? Or do you mean the EB48 2.0?

Wow, I just realized.... now its 2.0. at 6 $bills$. I been wanting it since before the 2.0.
So many upgraded and revised components now. A big revamp. Now a 4mm chassis! shocks now standard with all the Delrin. I upgraded to Delrin on my MT. .... Liked it. The 48.3 was the same price as the new 2.0. You were lucky to find a roller. I know they are out there. And usually cared for track runners.

TKR9000 – EB48 2.0 1/8th 4WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit – Tekno RC, LLC.

Its just not fair to compare the RTR Typhon and kit EB48. I know. I need to make a choice here and let Santa know soon.

Last edited:
Wow, I just realized.... now its 2.0. at 6 $bills$. I been wanting it since before the 2.0.
So many upgraded and revised components now. A big revamp. Now a 4mm chassis! shocks now standard with all the Delrin. I upgraded to Delrin on my MT. .... Liked it. The 48.3 was the same price as the new 2.0. You were lucky to find a roller. I know they are out there. And usually cared for track runners.

TKR9000 – EB48 2.0 1/8th 4WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit – Tekno RC, LLC.

Its just not fair to compare the RTR Typhon and kit EB48. I know. I need to make a choice here and let Santa know soon.
?

both GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back