Vorteks Best Spare Parts to Keep Around for Vorteks???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CURCNewbie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Well, my Vorteks has taken an absolute beating and finally broke a part (snapped the strut tower after dozens and dozens of hits). I found spares to order and was going to get several, but it got me thinking: are there any other parts I should keep on-hand to keep a stock Vorteks running? Just wondering if there are other parts that routinely break due to normal, hard use.

Last edited:
Please excuse my ignorance, could you show me a picture of the drive cup or share a part number? I'm not very familiar with the RC's anatomy yet.

Diff side and wheel side below.

7505D23F-3D45-45AC-ABF2-F697428E1B37.png

7BE0ABA1-6AA3-4573-99D8-9E5E7F59C080.png

I just posted them
The Arrma website has breakdowns of all their vehicles also. That’ll help you get familiar with it and tell you part numbers for parts that you may not know what are technically called.

Well, my Vorteks has taken an absolute beating and finally broke a part (snapped the strut tower after dozens and dozens of hits). I found spares to order and was going to get several, but it got me thinking: are there any other parts I should keep on-hand to keep a stock Vorteks running? Just wondering if there are other parts that routinely break due to normal, hard use.

Just realized something. Do you have an Arrma VOLTAGE or an Arrma VORTEKS?

This the Voltage sub forum but I just realized your post says Vorteks..disregard all suggestions so far if you have a Vorteks the 3s car designs are completely different. 😂

For any 3s cars you need spare shock rod ends, slipper clutch pads and drive shafts. Make sure you keep the metal bits secure with blue loctite 👍

I may have messed the name up. I have a Vorteks, not a Voltage. Sorry, I got the name wrong. I can't find those diff outdrive parts on the schematic that came with the car, so I'm not sure which one it is.

This the Voltage sub forum but I just realized your post says Vorteks..disregard all suggestions so far if you have a Vorteks the 3s car designs are completely different. 😂

For any 3s cars you need spare shock rod ends, slipper clutch pads and drive shafts. Make sure you keep the metal bits secure with blue loctite 👍
I just noticed that, too. Sorry everyone, I messed the name up.

I’ve had my bRCC for 1.5 years and never broke a drive cups. You can honestly go down a hole and buy every part as a spare. My suggestion, buy a SECOND vehicle and then replace things as they break and you’ll have a car in the downtime. And that’s not a joke.

I messed up and put this in the wrong section. I just broke a strut in my Vorteks. I've found the correct replacement part, but it got me thinking: can anyone suggest the best parts to keep on-hand for the Vorteks? Just wondering what spares I should keep extras of.

I’ve had my bRCC for 1.5 years and never broke a drive cups. You can honestly go down a hole and buy every part as a spare. My suggestion, buy a SECOND vehicle and then replace things as they break and you’ll have a car in the downtime. And that’s not a joke

Good grief I’m out of it today. Half blind too Vorteks vorteks vorteks. But the sub forum did throw me off 😂

On my Granite, which shares 99% of the same parts as the Vorteks, the parts I have to replace most often are definitely driveshafts. Rod ends are probably second. I used to replace turnbuckles and wheel axles often, but now I have upgrades. Having an extra spur gear is a good idea. They go out of stock often.

Going to upvote spur gear here. I have two 4x4 models and it took a while before I learned how to dial the slipper in and learn to drive so I always have a spare. Now I don't change them that often and when they're shredded usually something else is wrong but changing the spur is the first step to either correctly diagnosing the real culprit or just getting back on the road.

Does anyone know the spur gear part number for the 2s setup? I know I saw it in the manual, but I can't seem to find it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back