Outcast Better motor for the 6S outcast with a max6 esc running 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent ages trying to find a heat sink for the 4985... I think the Xmaxx heat sink is the closest fit but I'm pretty sure it would need modding to make way for the centre roll hoop pin, even if trying to mount it at an angle... I'm guessing a 1 or 2 air duct fins would need hacking off

Your main issue is those Trencher tires. They're big and heavy and put a lot of load on the motor. I really love the stock Backflip tires, I don't know why anyone goes with anything else.

When I built up my 6s Kraton / Outcast I tried a few different motors before settling on the 2000kv Arrma motor from the Nero. With 15t and high speed fans on esc and Motor I could keep it cool running hard in mostly thick grass, but that's with the Backflip tires.

I have not been happy with the hobbystar 4092, but mine is the 1480kv I could never keep it cool off road and it was too slow for me when it was geared down. I want to try a tp motor next for sure.

A couple years ago I went with a hobbystar 4082 1600kv motor, but temps would get to 180+ pretty easily. I found a kid locally that traded my stock Arrma motor for a Traxxas branded Castle 171 from an XO-1. I had to put washers under the motor mount since it is so big (4685). I run an 18t pinion I think and it runs much, much cooler.

You can find the Castle 1717 from eBay chopshops for about $130 so a bit pricey, but I’ve been happy with it.

My only concern with the 4092 is fitment into an outcast. I really need to pull it off the shelf and check it with a mic to see how much room there is. You really need at least 3-4mm of room behind the can so it doesn't hit the bulkhead when the chassis flexes. Even with the M2C and alloy braces, things flex.
you'll be fine with the 4092 in the outcast. I run 5 swb rigs with 4092 cans. I use the 1480 and 1730's with the max6 and either 20/46 or 22/46 with the yeah racing dual fans on all but my k6 which is running the ntf setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back