BicketyBam's Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve done all of my 3S with the uprades that bickety is doing. Just ordered all of the same for my new 4s outcast. It looks like I’ll be taking my brand new slipper clutch apart to clean it before I run it after seeing those pictures. I highly recommend the Typhon 6S shocks. Ordered a pair for the outcast last night. Their performance and durability are well worth the cost from Jennys.

Last edited:
I’ve done all of my 3S with the uprades that bickety is doing. Just ordered all of the same for my new 4s outcast. It looks like I’ll be taking my brand new slipper clutch apart to clean it before I run it after seeing those pictures.
I think its not a big deal its going to be hard to remove the slipper scrw the first time you do it and thats one reason why the slipper doesn't loosen up. If you do open the clutch be sure to clean everything and put redlocktite in
The red treadlock fixed my loose slipper clutch for good

View attachment 49304

I'm still in shock that I bought one of these after I swore I never would ? It was really more about completing a collection than anything else. I feel that it is definitely overpriced when you consider the 3s rigs. The cost of the longer arms is negligible. So what are we looking at? Metal spur, bigger wheels, larger plastic shocks, BLX120, larger motor and a wing. I'm not seeing an extra $100 here. But the deed has been done ?

I'm going to order the HR bellcrank, pivot balls and adjustable motor mount. How crucial are the alloy differential yokes? Some have said it's an absolute must. Are all you 4s guys running the HR yokes? @razorrc ? I really don't want to sink a ton of money into this truck but I don't want it eating diffs because of the yokes flexing.
Just curious, what are your expectations of this rig after you complete all these upgrades?

Just curious, what are your expectations of this rig after you complete all these upgrades?
By "all these upgrades" you mean pivot balls, a bellcrank and an adjustable motor mount? If so, I expect it to remove some of the slop in the steering and keep it that way until the rod ends wear out. Then I replace those. That's it. Just a little bit better handling so I can hold a straight line easier when I run up to a jump. I'm probably going to return the motor mount. My mesh is fine.

Yeah they can order those for the october 3-4 but i cant afford them yet 60$

I think the body is already pretty rebust
It's not the body that worries me. It's everything else you manage to break ?

Im going to remove the old minikawa tires out of the rims right noe im going to try the heat gun method first

I only broke 2 arms
And a cracked chassi
That's it? ? Cracking a chassis takes a lot of dedication.

So I can either use a 1210SG which is 20kg (277.7 oz) and 0.15 sec/60 deg or a 1211SG with is 15kg (208.3 oz) and 0.10 sec/60 deg

If I can get away with only 15kg of torque, I would prefer the faster 1211SG. Is the performance issue with the stock servo power or speed?

Since nobody else is answering this...

I think the issue is both. But the 1211 specs are more for like a 1/10 4wd SCT or buggy, so I'd put the 1210sg in there. 200 oz in. is a little inadequate for the massive tires and wheels on this thing, especially when going 50mph.

Mega fail

I was behind a tree and i i went 35mph into another tree
Who was behind the other tree?
Sneaky trees!
Since nobody else is answering this...

I think the issue is both. But the 1211 specs are more for like a 1/10 4wd SCT or buggy, so I'd put the 1210sg in there. 200 oz in. is a little inadequate for the massive tires and wheels on this thing, especially when going 50mph.
Thanks. I did a maiden run early and came to the same conclusion. Vid will be up soon ???

View attachment 49304

I'm still in shock that I bought one of these after I swore I never would ? It was really more about completing a collection than anything else. I feel that it is definitely overpriced when you consider the 3s rigs. The cost of the longer arms is negligible. So what are we looking at? Metal spur, bigger wheels, larger plastic shocks, BLX120, larger motor and a wing. I'm not seeing an extra $100 here. But the deed has been done ?

I'm going to order the HR bellcrank, pivot balls and adjustable motor mount. How crucial are the alloy differential yokes? Some have said it's an absolute must. Are all you 4s guys running the HR yokes? @razorrc ? I really don't want to sink a ton of money into this truck but I don't want it eating diffs because of the yokes flexing.
I would pass on the yokes until/if you melt them. I have them on my Typhon but not my Kraton yet. ??‍♂️
I haven't read up on the 4s, but what shocks are people replacing the plastic ones with? Typhon 6s?
Typhon 6S shocks are just a tad shorter and the rear is gonna be affected.

Is that the one that needs to be notched out?

Its on backorder
Jenny rc has the typhon shocks the rear ones atm i love how they look really but everything will be more expensive if i run them from rebuild kits shafts and rods ends. But mine are not leaking and i rebuilded them with green slime like everyone recommands
But i would want my top cap to shine i tried something but meh

After looking around at shocks the Trackstar shocks look to be the perfect match for the 4s models the fronts are the same length and 5mm longer in the rear. However I have not tested the springs that come with these shocks on my Kraton yet, and it's supposed to rain for the next 5 days then snow.............
Trackstar Shocks -
Springs that come with these are rather stiff for the 3s line and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. They may work for the 4s models I have not tested them yet. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.

I have 20 of them.
Seriously? Are they new? How much for 4 of them?

Its on backorder
Jenny rc has the typhon shocks the rear ones atm i love how they look really but everything will be more expensive if i run them from rebuild kits shafts and rods ends. But mine are not leaking and i rebuilded them with green slime like everyone recommands
But i would want my top cap to shine i tried something but meh
Sorry I ordered a full set a couple hours ago and only left the rear.. sorry.
Seriously? Are they new? How much for 4 of them?

Yes sir, they are new. 20x4+3.50shipping=83.50

Bickety, have you gotten to drive the new ride yet? Details

Last edited:
By "all these upgrades" you mean pivot balls, a bellcrank and an adjustable motor mount? If so, I expect it to remove some of the slop in the steering and keep it that way until the rod ends wear out. Then I replace those. That's it. Just a little bit better handling so I can hold a straight line easier when I run up to a jump. I'm probably going to return the motor mount. My mesh is fine.

Keep the motor mount on hand for as long as you can before returning it.. Ive seen quitte some guys here who bend their stock one on a bad landing.. And never getting the mesh right again after that..

Keep the motor mount on hand for as long as you can before returning it.. Ive seen quitte some guys here who bend their stock one on a bad landing.. And never getting the mesh right again after that..
I hammer mine everytime i land bad:/. Its paintful
Is the hot racing made of the same material as the blx adjustable motor mount ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back