BicketyBam's Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which bearing kit are you guys using in the Kraton 4s. Don’t want to buy the wrong one. Thx!

I got a dum dum with one of my orders, just don't remember which one. It sat on my workbench for six months before I found it. Then I ate it. :geek:
That's RCJuice, he sends DUM DUMs.

Can you sober up before posting? Hard to understand spafers wre baf. :LOL:
Jesus i think i write well but apparantly not lol
I think a doctor mentionned i may have something who affects my writing idk the name
Always had 40%-50% on french grammar one main reason i don't want to have studies who need grammar shyt to graduate?

Jesus i think i write well but apparantly not lol
I think a doctor mentionned i may have something who affects my writing idk the name
Always had 40%-50% on french grammar one main reason i don't want to have studies who need grammar shyt to graduate?
It's all good, I was just having some fun. I think I got the gist of what you were trying to say. Half of Americans that were born here have a hard time with grammar and spelling. ?

I found stock oil and spacers were bad im running 40wt oil and it absorbs everything now
I have no issues with the shocks or the ride height.
If your having trouble turning. Try setting your endpoint to 120. Yeah it's max but mine has had 0 issues and turns on a dime

Yeah, I'll take a pass on that ? The issue is with the servo saver and it not being strong enough. With the old 6s servo savers you can adjust how much tension there is that keeps the halves from separating. With this style you can't and there just isn't enough there to hold the turn without the servo saver opening up. I'll see how it turns when I install the ones @razorrc recommended.

Are you on the stock servo?

I have no issues with the shocks or the ride height.

Yeah, I'll take a pass on that ? The issue is with the servo saver and it not being strong enough. With the old 6s servo savers you can adjust how much tension there is that keeps the halves from separating. With this style you can't and there just isn't enough there to hold the turn without the servo saver opening up. I'll see how it turns when I install the ones @razorrc recommended.

Are you on the stock servo?
I’m interested in your findings as well since my Kraton doesn’t center well. I know it’s not the servo. I’m considering removing the servo saver completely if I can’t find a decent alternative. I think between the SS, a poopy radio, and my J style driving, I’m doomed. If I can fix two out of the three, maybe the third resolves itself as well. I have a 3PV waiting for me when I get back. I have a bunch of servo arms that I can sub out the SS. I bought some Kimbrough 124 savers but I don’t think they fit the 3S/4S without modifications and I didn’t have the patience at the moment they arrived with all my radio issues.

Looks good. My only issue with the 4s was the parts availability in the beginning, but that's almost anything new.

Weren't you ever told not to take candy from strangers? You're gonna end up on a milk carton.
Jim Lewis isn't a stranger.

I’m interested in your findings as well since my Kraton doesn’t center well. I know it’s not the servo. I’m considering removing the servo saver completely if I can’t find a decent alternative. I think between the SS, a poopy radio, and my J style driving, I’m doomed. If I can fix two out of the three, maybe the third resolves itself as well. I have a 3PV waiting for me when I get back. I have a bunch of servo arms that I can sub out the SS. I bought some Kimbrough 124 savers but I don’t think they fit the 3S/4S without modifications and I didn’t have the patience at the moment they arrived with all my radio issues.
I think why we think the servo daver is not strong enough is the under steer aussie playground mentioned that on is review and a few others fixed this issue with the backflip lps
And another youtube has put the hot racing servo saver and it did not fix is understeer

I think why we think the servo daver is not strong enough is the under steer aussie playground mentioned that on is review and a few others fixed this issue with the backflip lps
And another youtube has put the hot racing servo saver and it did not fix is understeer
I don’t have understeer. My steering range is just fine and it will turn when told. It just doesn’t make it back to center from either side. Turn right and it will go full right, let go and it gets 5 degrees right of center and that’s it. Turn full left and it complies, let go and it stops 5 degrees left of center. Give it a tiny bit of right input and it will then be centered again. It takes a lot of input to get it going straight. This is off the ground and my steering has no binding. It’s as smooth with the servo saver off as you could possibly hope for. I’ve used multiple servos and none have fixed the issue. I assumed incorrectly that it was the stock servo to blame. It’s likely the SS. I will work on this when I get back this week.

I don’t have understeer. My steering range is just fine and it will turn when told. It just doesn’t make it back to center from either side. Turn right and it will go full right, let go and it gets 5 degrees right of center and that’s it. Turn full left and it complies, let go and it stops 5 degrees left of center. Give it a tiny bit of right input and it will then be centered again. It takes a lot of input to get it going straight. This is off the ground and my steering has no binding. It’s as smooth with the servo saver off as you could possibly hope for. I’ve used multiple servos and none have fixed the issue. I assumed incorrectly that it was the stock servo to blame. It’s likely the SS. I will work on this when I get back this week.
Did you make a video? I'd like to see that.

I never take my hand off the steering wheel. Ever. I'm constantly steering because of the terrain I run on. I'll have to see if I have the same issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back