Kraton Bigger receiver box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does a aftermarket remote do to help a dirt , grass, and ramp kind of basher? I have asked the question on here before but nobody ever says it makes a difference in driving. Cheap Tactic radios run the hell out of my rigs. If there are benefits please share.

You’d probably see about a 10% improvement in control of your vehicle. Which means about 10% less crashes. I’m not kidding.

You’d probably see about a 10% improvement in control of your vehicle. Which means about 10% less crashes. I’m not kidding.
Really? If it’s a big difference then I will start shopping for something good. What do you suggest? I have a fleet to buy receivers for though. Would be nice to eliminate some of these remotes

Custom made.
Strain reliefs and everything.

IMG_20220515_012102.jpg
IMG_20220515_012104.jpg
IMG_20220320_035727.jpg
IMG_20220209_031832 (2).jpg

Double check OEM height and Your desired extension..
Will 20mm (of added) height prevent your cover from lining up with original screw holes? Due to battery tray's lip next to it...

Please confirm or show pics that it does.

Will 20mm (of added) height prevent your cover from lining up with original screw holes? Due to battery tray's lip next to it...

I think the lip on the battery box might have to be trimmed back a little. I can take a picture later today to be sure. This being the Mojave chassis, I may be able to move the tray back anyway. I’ll get pictures this evening 👍

Now that I look @ mine, I think you're right about it hitting. Looks like the most I can fit would be ~10mm

20230131_130439.jpg

On my truck it would clear on the Mojave chassis and I could shift it back anyway.
Would be great if the design would allow for cutting to fit. You might could make them 30mm with the depth being cut to fit by the buyer. Like one size fits all. I already want a couple and I’m sure others with different rigs could use more receiver room.

@Jluther@becoinc
When you get a chance.. just a pic or two so I can reference it correctly ,as I make the drafts..

Thanks @joshludden for checking also.

I should have a very rough sketch tonight.
Just needed to make sure I'm taking into consideration all its surroundings and possible obstacles..

You might look at the Limitless V1 box. I believe it's larger than that.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-infraction-limitless-electronics-module-set-ara320507/p981287

Of course you will probably need to remove (cut) the tray and servo mount off. Figure out some way to make it fit and mount it. But it's larger.

As an alternative, you could move your BEC outside the box, that would save some room.

Then start shortening your wires. You can buy a crimper and connectors. It takes some practice and patients but it works in the end. Or you can buy a bunch of extensions and solder them together (please use heat shrink with that). It's not as clean, but it's way easy.

@Jluther@becoinc
When you get a chance.. just a pic or two so I can reference it correctly ,as I make the drafts..

Thanks @joshludden for checking also.

I should have a very rough sketch tonight.
Just needed to make sure I'm taking into consideration all its surroundings and possible obstacles..
Ok here are some. If you need more let me know

image.jpg

Kraton 6S Receiver box Extensions

Rough Drafts
1675217790405.png

Short Height
= 8mm
(for testing purposes)
1675217819352.png

1675217881097.png

1675217846507.png

total height = 9mm

Will need a 12 or 15mm bolt to properly secure down the cover..

Your thoughts & feedback..?
Before I run a prototype print.

So ya just kinda sandwich that extension in between the top of the rx box & the lid then? The corner bolts would locate everything to line up? I suppose I'd have to put some silicone or something around the seam to keep it waterproof?

Yes.
That would be advised.

Pretty damn close..
Looks good.

IMG_20230201_194100141.jpg

IMG_20230201_194040828.jpg

IMG_20230201_193922092.jpg

But, it has some gappage issues though...
Doesn't meet my standards.
Need to tweak the design some more..

IMG_20230201_194045756.jpg

IMG_20230201_193930649.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back