Notorious Biggest motor and esc for notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr sharp

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m new to rc and new here so forgive me if my question are dumb. I have a notorious blx 6s and I’m wanting to put the biggest Posable motor and esc in it I can. Can anyone tell me what my options are and if they can help with what parts I need to complete this project as well it would be nice. Any advice will be appreciated and I have no experience with these so I’m depth would be nice. Also I don’t mind modifying things if needed. Thanks y’all

Welcome Mr. Sharp. By biggest do you mean fastest (higher rpm) or are you looking for enough torque to pull a house of its foundation (usually longer or larger in diameter lower rpm)?

Mr Sharp, WOW!! I have to say that my hat is off to you for wanting more speed or power!! I am completely new to rc cars, my only experience is with the cheapies that go 10mph tops! I just got my notorious today and ran it for the first time and it blew me away! I don’t even know what I can do with its top speed and torque right now so I can’t imagine if that thing was faster or more powerful!!! Good luck to you though, I’d love to see some videos when you get it upgraded and see what else you can do with these things!

Welcome Mr. Sharp. By biggest do you mean fastest (higher rpm) or are you looking for enough torque to pull a house of its foundation (usually longer or larger in diameter lower rpm)?
Well I want to keep my low end power but I would like it to go faster top end to. Is that possible are am I kinda in a dilemma there?
Well I want to keep my low end power but I would like it to go faster top end to. Is that possible are am I kinda in a dilemma there
Mr Sharp, WOW!! I have to say that my hat is off to you for wanting more speed or power!! I am completely new to rc cars, my only experience is with the cheapies that go 10mph tops! I just got my notorious today and ran it for the first time and it blew me away! I don’t even know what I can do with its top speed and torque right now so I can’t imagine if that thing was faster or more powerful!!! Good luck to you though, I’d love to see some videos when you get it upgraded and see what else you can do with these things!
ill definitely get some videos when I get it upgraded!!! Wish me luck lol

Max 6. Hobbystar 1480 KV, 20 tooth pin. Standing backflips.. backflips on demand... Pretty much ridiculous power...

There's always give or take. Basically with a short wheelbase like a notorious you can only apply so much power before the front end lifts up .. with this setup I believe is the best for the truck.. raw torque in speed...outside of this the truck still uncontrollable keep in mind this is a stunt truck... If you're looking for speed and bashing either a tailon, kraton!!

Will I gain top end speed as well?
Just get a pull off system from jenny rc for the arrma 8s and as far as top speed well the stock tires don't hold up much past 70mph and that's if they are vented and balance correctly.

Just get a pull off system from jenny rc for the arrma 8s and as far as top speed well the stock tires don't hold up much past 70mph and that's if they are vented and balance correctly.
For the price of the spectrum system ! I still would go with the Max 6 and 1480 KV torque monster.. for the notorious or outcast. If anything the Max6 just my opinion and owner of an outcast

For the price of the spectrum system ! I still would go with the Max 6 and 1480 KV torque monster.. for the notorious or outcast. If anything the Max6 just my opinion and owner of an outcast
Personally I have never used a hobby star. I do hear decent things about them. I prefer the low kv myself. To the original poster if you want complete all out I run the max 6 and 5687 motor on my kraton 6s. I am lucky to get above half throttle and will easily do over 80mph all while stay very cool. To be completely honest if you are look for fast you need a completely different rig. You will never keep that front end down anything lower then 1700kv. They can already do standing backflips stock. Anything more is just wasted power. If you want the best of both worlds I would go kraton if you want the off road speed I would suggest a tuggified typhon or a talion.

Personally I have never used a hobby star. I do hear decent things about them. I prefer the low kv myself. To the original poster if you want complete all out I run the max 6 and 5687 motor on my kraton 6s. I am lucky to get above half throttle and will easily do over 80mph all while stay very cool. To be completely honest if you are look for fast you need a completely different rig. You will never keep that front end down anything lower then 1700kv. They can already do standing backflips stock. Anything more is just wasted power. If you want the best of both worlds I would go kraton if you want the off road speed I would suggest a tuggified typhon or a talion.

Basically the same thing I said from the beginning.. really all you need to do is add a Max6 , and a 20 pin.

Back