Outcast BLX ESC wire cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ40andOver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 6s
So I got an Outcast 6S for Xmas. I've had it out 4 or 5 times & the first upgrade was replacing the stock Transmitter with an Spektrum DX5C. When I took the receiver box cover off, I noticed that the white wire, coming from the ESC was frayed because it was not in that little notch in the corner like the other wires. That was about a week & a half ago, & i have been messing around with different Spektrum receivers. Yesterday the worst happened, & the wire basically just came apart. I stripped a little bit back & wire-tied it, which worked intermittently when the receiver was out of the box. However whenever I tried to put it back in & screw the cover down, it would not work. I took the fan off of the ESC in hopes that I could replace all 3 wires as one unit but it appears to be hardwired into the ESC itself. Is this something that could be repaired or am I stuck with buying a brand new ESC?

edit: So I did some looking around. If this can't be fixed, what do you guys think about the Spektrum Firma 150 as a replacement?

Attachments

• Outcast 6S BLX wire cut 1.jpg
    Outcast 6S BLX wire cut 1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Outcast 6S BLX wire cut 2.jpg
    Outcast 6S BLX wire cut 2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
easy to fix ! you can just get some shrink tubing, slide it on the longer part of the wire, solder the two ends together and then shield everything with the shrink tubing by sliding it over the solder joint and shrinking it - should just work
My thoughts exactly, absolutely no need to buy a new ESC. Just solder it back together if you know how to do it or find someone that can (maybe LHS).

My thoughts exactly, absolutely no need to buy a new ESC. Just solder it back together if you know how to do it or find someone that can (maybe LHS).

you may even get away by just stripping the wires, twisting them together (alignment splice) and shrink tubing them but I would solder them together but twists work as well as we all know - who didn't extend speaker wires like that in the past?!

Last edited:
That’s an easy soldering job because of the gauge of the wire. Just make sure you use some shrink tubing as well and not electrical tape. The shrink tubing will give it some rigidity.
Look at it as a great opportunity to buy a decent soldering iron. They always come in handy. Get an adjustable one for future soldering jobs such as changing connectors on a battery. That will require more wattage than soldering that esc wire.

Soldering Station,AICase SD1 60 Watt Digital Soldering Iron Station On-Off Switch Temperature Adjustable Anti-Static Soldering Station Kit with Solder Holder Cleaning Sponge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0824LMXB6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2V.tEbAW79RQJ

better yet, call horizon and warranty that esc.. its free.. (y) then repair that one as stated above and use until the new one arrives.. then decide to sell it or keep it as a spare..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back