Infraction Brake disc doesn’t fit spool output cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Does anyone know of an alternate spool output cup that is shaped like the standard diff output cup? The spool cups are the same as the diff input cups, which is circular vs the squared off side of the diff output cups. Since the brake disc is made to fit a diff and not a spool, I will need to find a way to adapt it. I can’t run a diff on this as it’s a speed runner. The brake is not for drifting, it’s an e-brake in case a pinion comes loose. Hoping there is a Tekno or Mugen part that would work.

Put one of these lockers in the center diff. ?‍♂️
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-6S-R...905150?hash=item3dab4c3c3e:g:UacAAOSwqqNfYV3I

C5854F13-D7E3-416E-B5BD-6B54E891F110.jpeg

Problem with a diff cup is I’m limited to large spurs. Would rather be able to go down to a 29T spur
Don’t know if something like this is squared off enough.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233391137659

I just did a search so I can’t vouch for the qualirt
Those are what I’m looking for ? but the seller doesn’t seem to mention the make of them. I sent him a message thru eBay. ????

Problem with a diff cup is I’m limited to large spurs. Would rather be able to go down to a 29T spur
I kinda figured as much, although I would like to try some in the f/r of the limitless.

Those would be my first choice, if they weren’t sold out...
They are redesigning them. They told me that they were going to refund my order when I placed it, but I assured them I was only using them for speed runs vs drag hits.

Does anyone know of an alternate spool output cup that is shaped like the standard diff output cup? The spool cups are the same as the diff input cups, which is circular vs the squared off side of the diff output cups. Since the brake disc is made to fit a diff and not a spool, I will need to find a way to adapt it. I can’t run a diff on this as it’s a speed runner. The brake is not for drifting, it’s an e-brake in case a pinion comes loose. Hoping there is a Tekno or Mugen part that would work.
Maybe the Mugen #E2260 would work ?

Just an update. My Mugen E2221 diff cups came in the mail and glad to report they seem to work for this application. I don’t have a motor installed or the top roll mount for my @PPS-RC mount, but short of that, it looks good. Just a note, the Mugen cups come two in a pack, but mine did not come with the required M3 grub screws. The Arrma M4 grubs are too large.

C4645199-F8F7-4DFE-BA1A-F73B953AC432.jpeg

Nice! Glad they fit. I did mod like this also with HPI cup joint but I had to trim here and there for it to fit. Let me know the quality of them when you test it out and maybe I'll pick up a pair also.

20201023_203859.jpg

Nice! Glad they fit. I did mod like this also with HPI cup joint but I had to trim here and there for it to fit. Let me know the quality of them when you test it out and maybe I'll pick up a pair also.

View attachment 106019
If anything the brake works too well. I’ve tried to set its strength as low as possible and my last pass it still locked up the wheels when engaged at the end of a pass. I will dial it down again next pass as much as possible or possibly cost the disk with some graphite powder on one side.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back