Brand new ESC was DOA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

I'm on one today
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
Several months ago I bought a castle 8s motor/esc combo from amain. The ESC was DOA, not sensing throttle input. After many emails and phone calls to amain, troubleshooting etc and ZERO response from castle they stepped in and sent me a replacement. They didn't ask me to send the defective one back so it's just sitting here. My question is can/should I send this to castle to be repaired?

I don't know if I'm morally ok with doing that, but I'm going back and forth. Whether it was amain or castle someone took the loss since it's still in my possession.

What would you do?

Last edited:
Several months ago I bought a castle 8s motor/esc combo from amain. The ESC was DOA, not sensing throttle input. After many emails and phone calls to amain, troubleshooting etc and ZERO response from castle they stepped in and sent me a replacement. They didn't ask me to send the defective one back so it's just sitting here. My question is can/should I send this to castle to be repaired?

I don't know if I'm morally ok with doing that, but I'm going back and forth. Whether it was amain or castle someone took the loss since it's still in my possession.

What would you do?

Consider it a freebie.
Can you get a hold of Castle now? If so might as well send it in as it doesn't hurt to have a spare.

I had a similar situation with CNHL I had ordered 6 lipos and all 6 were the wrong ones, they told me to keep the wrong ones and sent me 6 all new batteries for free. So now I have a bunch of batteries I have no idea what I am going to do with.

the guy's at amain are Good guy's ive had issue's with brand tra** right out of the box they took care of all issue's i had.

Might be different topology, but I had a MMX that wasn't sensing throttle and the cause was a bad harness at the connection point on the ESC. Maybe try a different harness to see if that solves the issue before you send it back to Castle?

Its yours, do as you please.

Often enough it makes no sense for the Vendor to process the return, repair and sell at lower price as refurbished.

Consider it a freebie.
Can you get a hold of Castle now? If so might as well send it in as it doesn't hurt to have a spare.

I had a similar situation with CNHL I had ordered 6 lipos and all 6 were the wrong ones, they told me to keep the wrong ones and sent me 6 all new batteries for free. So now I have a bunch of batteries I have no idea what I am going to do with.
Goodluck shipping fireballs back 🤣

Consider it a freebie.

I haven't tried since, however them never responding to two separate emails and a voicemail regarding faulty products definitely put a bad taste in my mouth if I'm being honest.
the guy's at amain are Good guy's ive had issue's with brand tra** right out of the box they took care of all issue's i had.
I completely agree with this, they stepped up and did the right thing.
Might be different topology, but I had a MMX that wasn't sensing throttle and the cause was a bad harness at the connection point on the ESC. Maybe try a different harness to see if that solves the issue before you send it back to Castle?
Interesting, I'll look into this.

Thanks guys.

Kind of odd castle didn't get back to you. The few times I've contacted them via their websites question/answer page, I've gotten responses, then dialog back and forth along with the help I needed.

Are you emailing them directly or using the contact form on their site? If directly, try the contact form.
https://home.castlecreations.com/contact-support

I haven't tried since, however them never responding to two separate emails and a voicemail regarding faulty products definitely put a bad taste in my mouth if I'm being honest.

I completely agree with this, they stepped up and did the right thing.

Interesting, I'll look into this.

Thanks guys.

Check your spam folder for the emails from Castle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back