Kraton Brand new Kraton 4s v2 problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love you bruh :ROFLMAO: :eek::ROFLMAO:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't at least feel that way just a tiny bit. I liked the idea of a small light weight, fast truck. It is cute and even with the cogging it was still kind of fun to drive. I actually like the size a lot. This cogging business is for the birds though.

I would have ordered a sensored TP motor for it a month ago if I foresaw this outcome. I'd be loving the truck right now if that were the case. :ROFLMAO:
I'm new at this and have a kraton 4s v2... what is cogging?

I'm new at this and have a kraton 4s v2... what is cogging?
You will find out what it is really fast if you put a bigger pinion on the motor. if you keep it the way it is out the box you have nothing to worry about. probably good up til like a 16t pinion or so.

2100kv which is lower than the stock 2400kv. I don't understand how a 20t pinion is geared too high and is the causes of my cogging. Is it just a 3s/4s arrma thing? something related to the drivetrain? I can put this same motor in a kraton 6s with a 20t pinion and have zero problems.

Smallest pinion I even have is 17t which I'm going to try in the morning. If it really is my 20t pinion I think I finally learned my lesson on these 3s and 4s rigs. That is unacceptable to me so I'd honestly rather have it be something else I can fix lol.

I also just tried changing the ESC and the motor at the same time and nothing changed lol.
I'm new,can someone please tell me what cogging is or means? Thanks in advance.

I'm new,can someone please tell me what cogging is or means? Thanks in advance.
The hesitation in throttle when hitting it from a stop. Happens in nonsensored motors, typically in 3s or 4s. Over gearing will add to this issue. Kind of "jerks really fast" at first, then finally takes off. I have (5) 4s rigs, and only use Castle sensored setups in them because I hate cogging.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back