Typhon Broke Motor (Need Recommendations)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think 4082 would be better/worse than 4282
Sure as long as it’s 1800-2000kv, the <1600kV is meant for 8S and will not be in the optimal rpm powerband on 6S. The can sizes are the same, the v2-42XX just have the latest technology.

Check out RCJuice, US vendor and has great deals. Sometimes ebay is different than their website so compare pricing on both!

Sure as long as it’s 1800-2000kv, the <1600kV is meant for 8S and will not be in the optimal rpm powerband on 6S. The can sizes are the same, the v2-42XX just have the latest technology.
Really? I thought 1600 would be good.. with 20/50 gearing. I’ll go with 1800

Technology has passed you by old timer. My HobbyStar v2 motor has a shut off option at 150C (302F). I’ve had the v1 up to 280F momentarily on the can with an IR, no rotor/stator coil damage and they’re certified to operate up to 135C.

That being said, I’d recommend a 4282 motor for your typhon. Nothing wrong with the 2050kV 4074, but you don’t need to be spinning those RPMs off-road. If it’s primarily a road car, that’s fine.
Only shows that today's generation has no clue and ignores the facts. We are talking Spectrum motors, why do you muddy the waters with others?

What is Hobbywing using to hold the magnets in place below the Kevlar wrap? Whatever it is, it's different from the topic at hand.
..or I am wrong and won't own up to it :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Only shows that today's generation has no clue and ignores the facts. We are talking Spectrum motors, why do you muddy the waters with others?

What is Hobbywing using to hold the magnets in place below the Kevlar wrap? Whatever it is, it's different from the topic at hand.
..or I am wrong and won't own up to it :ROFLMAO:
Its HobbyStar, not sure what the latest G2 HW product is rated at, The Firma 150/2050kV is dated brushless technology. Been in production at least 3 years and probably no different component material than the BLX assembly that is damn near a decade old.

Actually figured out I bent the shaft of my typhon motor when the esc wire got caught in the gear mesh, so I’ll need to replace the motor. I don’t want to get an esc combo and they’re too expensive for my desire, but I wouldn’t mind upgrading to a nicer motor instead of getting a junk spektrum replacement.
I’d like to get something lower in kv (1650 ish) so that I could run the 20t pinion, on 6s. Is there any way to accomplish this with the stock esc, without soldering new connectors for it? Thank you all.
Oh I know you didn't, I'm watching you..

source.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back