Notorious Build thread? Sure why not...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the stock bumper and the RPM in front of it. It works nicely with the RPM bumper flexing back into the flat stock one when you take a hit. I am doing a build now and bought a new front stock bumper and a new RPM one to make it all look nice. ?

Yeah I’ll probably end up doing the same thing. Put a few drops of super glue on the tips just to try it out. Worked pretty good till my front diff blew.

I’m assuming that’s the issue. When I pick the truck up and give it throttle. The wheels spin even after breaking. Oh well time to upgrade or repair. Part of it when bashing a lot ?

Well, the front and center diffs look great.

It was making a loud racket while under power. Then it wouldn’t move. When picked up and no weight on wheels. All four wheels move. When still off the ground and tapping breaks the rear wheels stop and the front keeps spinning.

That’s why I thought the front diff was toast. So now I am confused.

Center diff blew today. Looking to rebuild to bulletproof. All opinions are welcomed.

Did get the RPM with factory front bumper hinge pin holder to work today.

5817C673-9957-4236-869F-E3AC66FC59B0.jpeg

What do y’all think about these screw kits?

Attachments

• 4EFB3ED7-41FE-40F0-A09D-CF1DCFC5B1EF.jpeg
    4EFB3ED7-41FE-40F0-A09D-CF1DCFC5B1EF.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 1BECE782-46E3-4935-B644-CBE9CFB3FD94.jpeg
    1BECE782-46E3-4935-B644-CBE9CFB3FD94.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Have this servo laying around from another RC project. Might give it a go in the notorious.

E32CB05D-DFD9-439A-ACC5-1754DB3BAB33.jpeg

7FE2F3A9-DDF5-44B9-A0C4-31DEA287C7E1.jpeg

Center diff blew today. Looking to rebuild to bulletproof. All opinions are welcomed.

Did get the RPM with factory front bumper hinge pin holder to work today.

View attachment 116356
What do y’all think about these screw kits?

Why not put the stock bumper on too? I bought a new stock bumper so ai could have it looking good and have the license plate sticker again. I think this is better than RPM or stock as there is room for the RPM bumper to flex and absorb energy before flattening against the stock bumper and that flattening will be a progressive increase in force that will lower the peak instantaneous force applied on a hard impact.

I put my old RPM front bumper on the back of my Notorious. Now trying to decide if I do the skid with the bumper in the rear only or add the RPM rear skid I have and which one goes on the bottom?

6EEB32DD-2D22-4FFB-A94E-163E236AC1C3.jpeg

Impacts will bend the RPM bumper back and break the bumper behind. All you need is the small plastic pin cover.

Impacts will bend the RPM bumper back and break the bumper behind. All you need is the small plastic pin cover.
What kind of small plastic pin cover would you recommend?
Why not put the stock bumper on too? I bought a new stock bumper so ai could have it looking good and have the license plate sticker again. I think this is better than RPM or stock as there is room for the RPM bumper to flex and absorb energy before flattening against the stock bumper and that flattening will be a progressive increase in force that will lower the peak instantaneous force applied on a hard impact.

I put my old RPM front bumper on the back of my Notorious. Now trying to decide if I do the skid with the bumper in the rear only or add the RPM rear skid I have and which one goes on the bottom?

View attachment 116490
Not a bad idea. Maybe I will try this and see how it works out. Haven’t thought about running the rpm bumper in the rear as well. Figured the wing wound took most of the hits.....might explain why the wing mount screws through the shock tower snapped ?

Given that I ran for two months with only the stock bumper and didn't break just that, I am surprised. But I hear you - if I'm jumping more or having bigger crashes this can happen. But I like the stock bumper's look and the license plate sticker, so I'll risk it. :)

What kind of small plastic pin cover would you recommend?

Not a bad idea. Maybe I will try this and see how it works out. Haven’t thought about running the rpm bumper in the rear as well. Figured the wing wound took most of the hits.....might explain why the wing mount screws through the shock tower snapped ?
The part you are looking for comes in the kit, part number AR330230. The bumper part you need comes with this kit.
I do have 2 spares if you want one. Send me your address and I’ll drop it in the mail for you.

Does anyone have a recommendation for keeping the bolt in the bulkhead for the shock tower? Also, want some recommendations for body mounts. These plastic ones always lose screws.

I am debating on running a bolt with a nut all the way through the shock tower and bulkhead. That should keep it in place.

Does anyone have a recommendation for keeping the bolt in the bulkhead for the shock tower? Also, want some recommendations for body mounts. These plastic ones always lose screws.

I am debating on running a bolt with a nut all the way through the shock tower and bulkhead. That should keep it in place.

That would do it, but the question is, do you then break the bulkhead?

Haven't had any problems with bolts going through
20210118_185148.jpg
20210118_185233.jpg

Been awhile since I’ve been on here. Bought a fishing kayak back in March and that has been taking up my time 😂

Have been bashing here and there since. The axle carriers have gotten a little worn out and the ball joint keeps popping out when landing hard/wrong. Ordered some Hot Racing ones so hopefully that will be good.

Also looking into adding the M2C hinge pin kit to the front. Anyone use this or can recommend another option over the plastic hinge pin blocks?

If I decide to beef up this rig I’m thinking about the following. Let me know what y’all think?

M2C Chassis, front/rear brace, shock stand offs and front hinge pin kit (can it be used on the rear as well).

Open to suggestions for other companies or upgrades needed.

If I decide to beef up this rig I’m thinking about the following. Let me know what y’all think?

M2C Chassis, front/rear brace, shock stand offs and front hinge pin kit (can it be used on the rear as well).

Open to suggestions for other companies or upgrades needed.
Those upgrades all sound good, should make your truck very durable.

Got the new HR axle carriers installed. These things are beautiful.

Charging the battery as we speak for a rip. Hopefully no broken parts. Also changed out the shock fluid to 70wt.

BE4E2769-23C5-4046-81D6-DD102DB2233E.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back