Outcast Bumper and gear box case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I split both screw flutes now I have to replace the gear box cover. I ordered tbone bumper today for the Outcast. Hopefully it gets here sooner. I had to call Tbone last time, they jumped on my order right away after waiting 2 weeks.

Still waiting on my typhon tbone front bumper. Takes so long from the US. I should have ordered the rear skid plate at the same time. The shipping costs the same as the bumper!! hope it good :)

Still waiting on my typhon tbone front bumper. Takes so long from the US. I should have ordered the rear skid plate at the same time. The shipping costs the same as the bumper!! hope it good :)
I'm IN the US and still waiting more than 2 weeks now!

Just broke out the rt.rear lower diff housing control arm mount on mine. :(

CIMG3733.JPG

Found all the parts on Ebay...ch.the Arrma w/s and half the stuff I needed was on BO.

Also regarding the waiting for a TBR front bumper,if you call T-Bone it seems to expedite the process.

View attachment 8031

Found all the parts on Ebay...ch.the Arrma w/s and half the stuff I needed was on BO.

Also regarding the waiting for a TBR front bumper,if you call T-Bone it seems to expedite the process.
I have that same mount on backorder with Tower, was able to borrow from Typhon, but have no extras now. May try eBay if I break another one.

I would go with the typhon bumper as it's not attached to the front gearbox case but the basher is. I just spent 2 hours changing the gearbox case because I split a screw flute. I'm waiting for the Tbone to arrive takes so long from the states :(
Yup.
Not sure where you live, but I am in Canada, and it seems like most things travel via turtleback...not to mention I pay an abhorrent amount in freight charges o_O

View attachment 8031

That's crazy ! It sucks !!
I can't believe you broke the suspension mount as well. Looks like Rich Dupers damage.
How did you do it ?? Head on crash ??

I ordered some tbones for my typhon and kraton about 4 days ago.... Ive not had any emails from them since the order was placed... Takes long enough as is to get to aus but i don't even know if theyve been sent :-S
And yes... Get a Kraton ! Theyre awesome !
If youre in perth Mas Hobbies has them for 699.... Which is a damn good price for a whole lotta car ! :-D

That's crazy ! It sucks !!
I can't believe you broke the suspension mount as well. Looks like Rich Dupers damage.
How did you do it ?? Head on crash ??

Trying out my new ramp and kind of had a bad landing on the right rear wheel.
After inspecting the diff case,where the control arms mount to it does look like a bit of a weak spot,
not much meat where the screws thread in.

Trying out my new ramp and kind of had a bad landing on the right rear wheel.
After inspecting the diff case,where the control arms mount to it does look like a bit of a weak spot,
not much meat where the screws thread in.
I had a similar hard landing, but pretty sure I had cracked the corner of my diff case trying to seat on overly long screw that came with Tbone bumper. The front 2 chassis/diff case holes have a fixed depth and intersect closely with rear front suspension mount screws. Can't believe they're on BO until April!!! What gives with these replacement parts?

I had a similar hard landing, but pretty sure I had cracked the corner of my diff case trying to seat on overly long screw that came with Tbone bumper. The front 2 chassis/diff case holes have a fixed depth and intersect closely with rear front suspension mount screws. Can't believe they're on BO until April!!! What gives with these replacement parts?

Ran into that problem too with Arrma,found everything I needed and for a better price on Ebay....
Even Amazon had some of the parts.

Ran into that problem too with Arrma,found everything I needed and for a better price on Ebay....
Amazon is where I scored Nero motor for 52$, had it within 2-3 days. Normally do coupon deals off Tower, guess I need to shop around more. May consider aluminum diff case when possible if this breakage becomes a repeat issue, hoping not.

eBay chop shops I love em. I just bought a new body with roll and bar body clips on for $60 US.
Good idea buy new cars pull them apart and sell every bit !!

Hey Rich !!
The t bone finally came One problem there is two lengths of screw that came with it. Do the longer go to the front or back of diff case ???

IMG_3238.JPG

Hey Rich !!
The t bone finally came One problem there is two lengths of screw that came with it. Do the longer go to the front or back of diff case ???

[
Hey Rich !!

View attachment 8326
I think they should all be the same length, about 1/8th inch longer then stock. Of the 4 Tbone bumpers I bought a while ago, I think 2 came with different length screws. If your going to try to seat longer ones, I'd say put them to the front of diff case or closer to wear bumper comes up. I'm waiting for 2 more front Typhon Tbones to show up off eBay, wondering what screws they'll send me...Lol.

I think they should all be the same length, about 1/8th inch longer then stock. Of the 4 Tbone bumpers I bought a while ago, I think 2 came with different length screws. If your going to try to seat longer ones, I'd say put them to the front of diff case or closer to wear bumper comes up. I'm waiting for 2 more front Typhon Tbones to show up off eBay, wondering what screws they'll send me...Lol.
Ha ha !! The shorter screws that came out with the bumper are 4mm longer the original which is perfect but there's two longer ones ??
I put the longer in the rear of the diff case and the shorter ones up front hope I don't have the same issue as you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back