Infraction Can't decided between an Infraction or a Limitless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you would build pretty much the same, and this comes out cheaper, then why not? Castle has the best ESCs, primarily because the flexibility of programming all the curves on the computer software. Infinite adjustment, not just a few steps like Hobbywing.

If you would build pretty much the same, and this comes out cheaper, then why not? Castle has the best ESCs, primarily because the flexibility of programming all the curves on the computer software. Infinite adjustment, not just a few steps like Hobbywing.
That's true, but I don't think it will sell by that price. I'll watch it tho.
I think I'm getting a brand new infraction for $450, still negotiating. Finger crossed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200117-142330.png
    Screenshot_20200117-142330.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I'm just going to bed now..?
Good boy. Notorious will be over shortly to read you a bed time story and to tuck you in.

Oh poop. Did I just derail someone’s thread. Sorry ?

I am still building my Limitless, with help from @LibertyMKiii with a setup that I can run as speed. I also have the Infraction and I love that truck, so much fun. I did burn out my ESC using the high speed pinion, so be careful if you use that as you can't run it like you can with the stock pinion. Just use it for a few speed passes. After burning out the ESC I bought a firma 150 amp and went back to the stock pinion. So Infraction for bashing around and Limitless for speed runs (and maybe some bashing with proper gearing).

So... This will be long, hopefully someone will take the time to read it and help me make the smartest desition.

I was about to place an order of the Infraction, because I REALLY LOVE the way it looks and of course being a fan of Ken block for years and the honnitruck, the infraction was literally love at first sight. But then I went back for a second to do some research regarding getting that or the limitless and build my own setup and maybe later on just throw an Infraction body on it to makes me feel complete.

A little bit about me, I'm not an experienced rc guy as many here, I only have a couple of months driving a few rustlers and now my Kraton 6s which I cannot be more excited about (BTW I'm selling my rustlers if someone is interested). But now I feel the need of more and more cars (damn you arrma), and this forum don't help getting away from that feeling, it actually do the opposite. Every single day I'm spending HOURS reading amazing posts and build projects that makes me want to build my own thing, that's why I have second thoughts about getting the infraction and then start replacing new esc, motor, servo, etc.

I'm not seeking to have the fastest 10s high speed run car, I would love to have something that can go fast if I want to but also drift and drive as an Infraction.

I've been doing research about the difference between the 2 platforms and so far I can tell that the only difference in the drive train and chassis is the diff case and the spool, other than that is just spoilers bumpers and body (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I already have a TX and EX, a spare servo from my Kraton, I have 2x3s and 6s batteries.

So my question is, should I get the limitless and throw in it something like a Max6 w/4985SL (1650kV) or even a max8 (I don't think I'm ready to go 8s), and then slowly add upgrades?

Last but not least, what exactly do I need to convert the limitless to a Infraction if I wanted to? Body, Center differential, Bodyposts and the Front bumper, is that it? (Again, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks in advance to everyone that takes the time to read and give me your thoughts.

Best!
I say get the Infraction, picked one up a week ago and I am loving it, With that said I am also thinking about eventually get in the limitless as well. Also pick up a Talion two weeks later before the Infraction but have not ran it as of yet.
I say get the Infraction, picked one up a week ago and I am loving it, With that said I am also thinking about eventually get in the limitless as well. Also pick up a Talion two weeks later before the Infraction but have not ran it as of yet.

Attachments

• 286F5E3D-57C1-432C-AC28-9361B0194CF4.jpeg
    286F5E3D-57C1-432C-AC28-9361B0194CF4.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 4ADD2CCD-9925-4125-94FA-E014F084954E.jpeg
    4ADD2CCD-9925-4125-94FA-E014F084954E.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 44
How did you wrangle that!!! ❤️
Closing store.
Nice choice and sweet deal..???
I am still building my Limitless, with help from @LibertyMKiii with a setup that I can run as speed. I also have the Infraction and I love that truck, so much fun. I did burn out my ESC using the high speed pinion, so be careful if you use that as you can't run it like you can with the stock pinion. Just use it for a few speed passes. After burning out the ESC I bought a firma 150 amp and went back to the stock pinion. So Infraction for bashing around and Limitless for speed runs (and maybe some bashing with proper gearing).
That sound like a good plan, I might copy it ?
Nice choice and sweet deal..???
Yep, it was an easy choice, this was the last piece and they had no limitless.

Now it's time to study your build in detail.

So... This will be long, hopefully someone will take the time to read it and help me make the smartest desition.

I was about to place an order of the Infraction, because I REALLY LOVE the way it looks and of course being a fan of Ken block for years and the honnitruck, the infraction was literally love at first sight. But then I went back for a second to do some research regarding getting that or the limitless and build my own setup and maybe later on just throw an Infraction body on it to makes me feel complete.

A little bit about me, I'm not an experienced rc guy as many here, I only have a couple of months driving a few rustlers and now my Kraton 6s which I cannot be more excited about (BTW I'm selling my rustlers if someone is interested). But now I feel the need of more and more cars (damn you arrma), and this forum don't help getting away from that feeling, it actually do the opposite. Every single day I'm spending HOURS reading amazing posts and build projects that makes me want to build my own thing, that's why I have second thoughts about getting the infraction and then start replacing new esc, motor, servo, etc.

I'm not seeking to have the fastest 10s high speed run car, I would love to have something that can go fast if I want to but also drift and drive as an Infraction.

I've been doing research about the difference between the 2 platforms and so far I can tell that the only difference in the drive train and chassis is the diff case and the spool, other than that is just spoilers bumpers and body (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I already have a TX and EX, a spare servo from my Kraton, I have 2x3s and 6s batteries.

So my question is, should I get the limitless and throw in it something like a Max6 w/4985SL (1650kV) or even a max8 (I don't think I'm ready to go 8s), and then slowly add upgrades?

Last but not least, what exactly do I need to convert the limitless to a Infraction if I wanted to? Body, Center differential, Bodyposts and the Front bumper, is that it? (Again, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks in advance to everyone that takes the time to read and give me your thoughts.

Best!

I am contemplating the same issue. I want to build my own car too. I am leaning more towards the infraction. You get a working fast car. My openly hesitation is that the extra money could have saved could buy a good motor and esc. I know they are close chassis wise but the limitless seeks to be more open wheel which makes me nervous about protecting the wheels. I have been watching RAZ and he seems to go towards the infraction. I will do the catbon fiber side skits with it too.

I started out with rusted too. I also fly planes. I am finishing up some upgrades on my rustler VXL with aluminum drive shafts and full aluminum chassis. I have had a good time learning with it. Have wheeliebar and have considered a lower CG kit but I think I will just get it to be a great basher with ability to do some speed runs (mid 80s) now and just get the Arrma for speed running.

I am contemplating the same issue. I want to build my own car too. I am leaning more towards the infraction. You get a working fast car. My openly hesitation is that the extra money could have saved could buy a good motor and esc. I know they are close chassis wise but the limitless seeks to be more open wheel which makes me nervous about protecting the wheels. I have been watching RAZ and he seems to go towards the infraction. I will do the catbon fiber side skits with it too.

I started out with rusted too. I also fly planes. I am finishing up some upgrades on my rustler VXL with aluminum drive shafts and full aluminum chassis. I have had a good time learning with it. Have wheeliebar and have considered a lower CG kit but I think I will just get it to be a great basher with ability to do some speed runs (mid 80s) now and just get the Arrma for speed running.
Welcome to AF :)
If it is your first street basher/speed runner, I would recommend going with the Infraction V2 (the 2.8 ratio diffs are better for speed running than the 3.3 ratio diffs in the V1 and Limitless - not saying those are slow, but if speed is your aim, the V2 is the way to go). It is plenty fast to get accustomed to it before going out and buying faster and more expensive electronics. On 6S it will do about 55mph with the 15T pinion and around 80mph with the included 25T pinion. That's plenty fast for starters (it was for me anyways...YMMV). There's lots of room to grow from there.

Hi,
debating on whether or not I should build a limitless or purchase a Felony/Infraction. TBH, I probably won't be trying doing a lot of high speed runs as I don't have long stretches ore remote roads or large empty parking lots. I do enjoy the build aspect though.

I'd probably mostly do parking lot "bashing" or drifting mostly which makes me think that the Felong/Infraction would be better for me. OTOH, the limitless gives me the option of doing high speed runs AND bashing? Thoughts??

Hi,
debating on whether or not I should build a limitless or purchase a Felony/Infraction. TBH, I probably won't be trying doing a lot of high speed runs as I don't have long stretches ore remote roads or large empty parking lots. I do enjoy the build aspect though.

I'd probably mostly do parking lot "bashing" or drifting mostly which makes me think that the Felong/Infraction would be better for me. OTOH, the limitless gives me the option of doing high speed runs AND bashing? Thoughts??

Welcome. Speed running and bashing are on the opposite ends of the spectrum and a vehicle setup for one is really not suitable for the other. The Limitless with it's spool is setup for speed by nature of it's tooth count, but there's no reason you couldn't swap in a 50T or 46T diff from a kit breaker to gear it more for parking lot bashing.

Having both, I do like them both but the shape and form of the Limitless is just cool to rip around a parking lot with. (taking nothing away from the Infraction).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back