Castle 1717-1650kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcastello755

Reaction score
Is the castle 1717-1650kv motor good for 8s ?
I’m running it with the mmxs which I know it’s 8s
I read a lot ppl like to run them on 6s even though I thought they were 8s?
Can someone clarify for me 🙏

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!!

Is the castle 1717-1650kv motor good for 8s ?
I’m running it with the mmxs which I know it’s 8s
I read a lot ppl like to run them on 6s even though I thought they were 8s?
Can someone clarify for me 🙏

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!!
You can run that motor up to 8S yes. Ppl probably run them on 6S because that may be getting them the performance that they desire.
Happy 4th of July!

I assume you meant the MMX8S, correct? The 1717 runs equally well on both 6S & 8S. Hell, I even think it's a ton of fun on 4S in an Infraction. So far I've taken it to 127mph on 6S and it still has headroom to grow (this is however with an XLX2 just to be clear). 8S is a lot of power so you'll achieve the same top speeds with lower gearing which will also change the behavior of the car during acceleration and braking. That coupled with higher voltage means lower amps on the flipside which, in sum, all amounts to lower temps. The other side of the coin is the higher cost of 4S packs. Just a few of the things to consider.

I assume you meant the MMX8S, correct? The 1717 runs equally well on both 6S & 8S. Hell, I even think it's a ton of fun on 4S in an Infraction. So far I've taken it to 127mph on 6S and it still has headroom to grow (this is however with an XLX2 just to be clear). 8S is a lot of power so you'll achieve the same top speeds with lower gearing which will also change the behavior of the car during acceleration and braking. That coupled with higher voltage means lower amps on the flipside which, in sum, all amounts to lower temps. The other side of the coin is the higher cost of 4S packs. Just a few of the things to consider.
So lower temps on 4-6s ?
Thanks man appreciate it.
That's all I run. It performs well on 6s and 8s.
Lower temperatures what gearing you running? Thanks 🙏

So lower temps on 4-6s ?
Thanks man appreciate it.

Lower temperatures what gearing you running? Thanks 🙏
Geneally speaking yes, but it depends on the use case. If speed is your goal, then higher voltages will yield lower temperatures for the same speed. Ohm's law tells us that as voltage rises, amp draw falls inversely in addition to the fact that you can gear the car lower to achieve the same speed. These two things combined will yield lower temperatures at higher voltages for a given speed. I hope that makes sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back