Felony Castle shaft broke, warranty???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tara

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Senton 3s
Have a 1717-1650 kv castle system in my felony. No bashing just speed runs.
The motor shaft broke. Is there warranty on that? Can you just replace the shaft? Possible upgrade to 8mm shaft vs the stock 5mm?
Yes I have lots of questions. Thanks for any direction

Have a 1717-1650 kv castle system in my felony. No bashing just speed runs.
The motor shaft broke. Is there warranty on that? Can you just replace the shaft? Possible upgrade to 8mm shaft vs the stock 5mm?
Yes I have lots of questions. Thanks for any direction
Dang! Castle strikes again! :( sorry to hear that! I would for sure file a claim. That shouldn’t happen. Not sure about a replacement shaft 🤷🏻‍♂️ But I would contact castle for sure…. Their customer service has been questionable and their product quality has just been poop from what I can see.. I had a 2200kv seize up on me the other day too.. hadn’t even gotten a full pack through it yet. And it wasn’t hot 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

You will need a new rotor. Make sure you get a NEW rotor amirite @Edough13
Ya and I'd be adamant about it being new and not replaced with a used part. As I've now had to pay for mine to be shipped to Castle twice this time they better put a new shaft on it free of charge or I'm completely done with Castle. It is unacceptable they would even be ok with replacing my damaged shaft/rotor with a used rotor but they admitted to it 100% they put a "in good condition" used rotor that was supposedly tested and was not bent😠 but here's what they sent me🤦which is clearly bent 0.5mm and has two deep pinion marks and one light pinion mark on the flat spot besides the rear having wear also.
IMG_20210709_133459229.jpg
IMG_20210709_135714043.jpg

More castle garbage. Just buy the fake castle motors. I bet they are better than the legit ones. I never heard about bent motor shafts not even Banggood motors. They suck why tolerate this kind of wuality for the big bucks you pay. Is t that motor 300$?

@Edough13 What is the warranty on the motor? It was installed in April.
Supposed to be a year I believe but mine was literally bought June 5 and issue happened about the 20th or around there. I literally made 5 passes 4 on 4s and one on 6s and shaft bent I noticed after going to switch my pinion. Castle tried to say it was because the grub was not tight enough so it slipped and caused the pinion to bend the shaft which is complete BS! It was torqued down correctly and took some force to remove so definitely wasn't too loose or slip at all. Then they tell me a brand new shaft/rotor was installed and at no cost but I get it with a completely used shaft and bent also, absolutely disgusting from a company like Castle!

Supposed to be a year I believe but mine was literally bought June 5 and issue happened about the 20th or around there. I literally made 5 passes 4 on 4s and one on 6s and shaft bent I noticed after going to switch my pinion. Castle tried to say it was because the grub was not tight enough so it slipped and caused the pinion to bend the shaft which is complete BS! It was torqued down correctly and took some force to remove so definitely wasn't too loose or slip at all. Then they tell me a brand new shaft/rotor was installed and at no cost but I get it with a completely used shaft and bent also, absolutely disgusting from a company like Castle!
I actually spoke to someone today. Was very helpful. Filled out a claim form and will send out tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.
Now to decide what I want to out in my car.....and keep castle for a back up.
Order another castle, tp motor, nueu motor.

Well the felony has had a heart transplant. Now to wait for the rain to stop

20210717_182916.jpg

Well the felony has had a heart transplant. Now to wait for the rain to stop

View attachment 158692
Yeah that is ready to burn! Looks real nice! Quick question tho, why did you cut the second lipo tray instead of just removing it? Just curious.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back