Typhon Changed the ESC - now running slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesna007

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Hi all

So I just changed the stock ESC out whit an Hobbywing WP-SC8 I had in spare. I thought it could be fun because it has some more settings.
Well I changed it, calibrated it with full throttle and the others, rebind the receiver and I was just ready to run :)
But... after the change, the car has just lost some power - I think about 30%. Even from start/launch and in top speed - its really slow. The punch setting is standard(5) on the esc. - Im just running 2S Lipo to test it out.
Any inputs will be nice :)

/Jakob

Have you always run it on 2s? If your used to 3s batteries then that's why it is slow...?

Turn your Transmitter travel down to 75% then calibrate. Turn back up to 100% after your done to trick the esc (or radio) then your ready to go. It might take a little messing around to get the throttle travel to feel right. I had that with my cheap $40 Amazon special esc and i just turned the Travel down before calibrating. And back up after. It won’t be perfect but If that doesn’t get a result then there’s probably something else wrong.

Google is date blind so even old posts are relevant to anyone searching the topic.

To calibrate your flysky gt3b with your ESC your expo needs to be set to zero, trim middle, ABS off, D/R 100, and
ENDPOINTS NEED TO BE AT 120%.
If your endpoints are at 100% your esc will not put out all it has to offer.
To set your ESC endpoints at 120% select E.POINT then choose Ch.2 then press END and use the dial to move your % to 120. To select each direction you must push the trigger away for reverse % and pull the trigger towards you for forward %.
Do the same with Ch.1. and turn the steering wheel each direction to set both to 120%.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back