Mojave Cheap or Free Carbon Fiber Center Brace Reinforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
Not sure if anyone's done this already. I installed a Carbon Fiber Tube over the stock Center Brace for Reinforcement.

I also included a referral code which will give you $5 US or $6 Cnd off your first order when signing up to new AliExpress account if you want.

Or just order wherever you get your Carbon Fiber

Size needed is 12X10X500mm

Comes in 2 pack. Each Tube is enough to do 2 Short wheelbase 6s Trucks or 1 Long wheelbase 6s Truck

Referral code INXRLOUT

Gloss Tube

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrSQN2I

Matte Tube

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrbbU0A

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's done this already. I installed a Carbon Fiber Tube over the stock Center Brace for Reinforcement.

I also included a referral code which will give you $5 US or $6 Cnd off your first order when signing up to new AliExpress account if you want.

Or just order wherever you get your Carbon Fiber

Size needed is 12X10X500mm

Comes in 2 pack. Each Tube is enough to do 2 Short wheelbase 6s Trucks or 1 Long wheelbase 6s Truck

Referral code INXRLOUT

Gloss Tube

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrSQN2I

Matte Tube

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrbbU0A
Not a new concept. But a great reminder for those not in the know yet.(y) Many old threads here in regards.
Less expensive than buying Upgrade solid CF T2T's i.e, BQ and others.
The stocker Alloy T2T alone will bend without the CF sleeve. Unsleeved T2T's allow the chassis to bend more easily.
All my 6s Arrma T2T's have been sleeved. I got mine from AMZ. Make sure it has an I.D. of 10mm. And is the proper length. Trim to match the Stocker T2T precisely. Be careful with CF dust. Don't want anyone to breath it. :cool:

Last edited:
Not a new concept. But a great reminder for those not in the know yet.(y) Many old threads here in regards.
The stocker Alloy T2T alone will bend without the CF sleeve. Unsleeved T2T's allow the chassis to bend more easily.
All my 6s Arrma T2T's have been sleeved. I got mine form AMZ. Make sure it has an I.D. of 10mm.
Cost aside, is there any benefit to using a sleeve vs a solid CF piece? Would a solid piece save some weight/be more rigid?

All my 6s Arrma T2T's have been sleeved.
👍👍 I'm pretty sure your the one who I saw mentioning sleeving the brace but didn't have any info on sizes or where to buy it.
So credit goes to you for the idea.

Cost aside, is there any benefit to using a sleeve vs a solid CF piece? Would a solid piece save some weight/be more rigid?
Probably but I'm not sure how the solid carbon fiber gets threaded into. Seems like a spot that would be weak.

Here's what I use and they work great! Remember to mask up when cutting/sanding. You don't want to breath that dust.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZYFSKMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1678225456067.png

The weight savings of a solid CF upgrade brand solution is minimal. For bashing etc. being a weight weenie is purely subjective.
The stocker T2T "ends" are lightweight (plastic). Upgrade brands are using Alloy ends. So there will be some weight offset anyway with an upgrade T2T. i.e. BQ etc. All depends how bullet proof you are trying to get your rig. We all drive drive differently. Using A CF tube (sleeved) truly works. I have not bent one now. Unsleeved, they bow/bend downward. This allows the stocker chassis to bend as well.
Probably but I'm not sure how the solid carbon fiber gets threaded into. Seems like a spot that would be weak.
I agree 100%. I said the same to myself.
CF can split under severe stress. Especally when threaded. Sleeving even makes for a stronger T2T IMHO. The better approach.
CF sleeving became a thing when the Arrma V4 6s rigs were upgraded with the Alloy T2T's. Seems the Kraton and longer T2T's were easily bending. My OC/Noto T2T never did bend, FWIW. Being a SWB chassis. There were no Upgrade brands making T2T's for quite awhile. And I was bending my stocker 6s Kraton T2T and chassis constantly. My Lim as well. I sleeved all my 6s Arrma's now including my current Noto. Not one bent T2T now. And my stocker chassis' don't bend/fold either. They still twist slightly however. As all stockers do. Would have cost me a $bundle$ to source Upgrade brand Solid CF T2T's for all of my rigs.:cool:

Last edited:
Pretty cool .looks nice .fits over the aluminum center brace perfectly.but wouldn't a solid CF tube installed on the bulk heads be a more solid support rather than covering aluminum? At a high speed crash right now your links would be the weak link.your supporting the aluminum brace but not the end links..looks awesome what you did I just don't think your going to receive the full support when you need it. Either way nice job 👍😁 keep up the good work

Pretty cool .looks nice .fits over the aluminum center brace perfectly.but wouldn't a solid CF tube installed on the bulk heads be a more solid support rather than covering aluminum? At a high speed crash right now your links would be the weak link.your supporting the aluminum brace but not the end links..looks awesome what you did I just don't think your going to receive the full support when you need it. Either way nice job 👍😁 keep up the good work
Solid carbon would probably be stronger, but I'd guess it would be weaker on the threaded ends. Also a solid carbon fiber one would cost me around $80.00 Cnd where this "may" be neglectfully less stiff for about $2.00

If I have a crash so hard that I break the stock links, then I think the center bar would be the least of my worries. 💥💥💥💥
The weight savings of a solid CF upgrade brand solution is minimal. For bashing etc. being a weigh weenie is purely subjective.
The stocker T2T "ends" are lightweight (plastic). Upgrade brands are using Alloy ends. So there will be some weight offset anyway with an upgrade T2T. i.e. BQ etc. All depends how bullet proof you are trying to get your rig. We all drive drive differently. Using A CF tube (sleeved) truly works. I have not bent one now. Unsleeved, they bow/bend downward. This allows the stocker chassis to bend as well.

I agree 100%. I said the same to myself.
CF can split under severe stress. Especally when threaded. Sleeving even makes for a stronger T2T IMHO. The better approach.
CF sleeving became a thing when the Arrma V4 6s rigs were upgraded with the Alloy T2T's. Seems the Kraton and longer T2T's were easily bending. My OC/Noto T2T never did bend, FWIW. Being a SWB chassis. There were no Upgrade brands making T2T's for quite awhile. And I was bending my stocker 6s Kraton T2T and chassis constantly. My Lim as well. I sleeved all my 6s Arrma's now including my current Noto. Not one bent T2T now. And my stocker chassis' don't bend/fold either. They still twist slightly however. As all stockers do. Would have cost me a $bundle$ to source Upgrade brand Solid CF T2T's for all of my rigs.:cool:
Well said 👍😁👍

I'm so glad you mentioned your limitless because I did my Fireteam, Mojave and Notorious but didn't even think about doing it on the Infraction. 🤦 I know what I'm doing tonight.

I suppose everything has it's limits..even with a solid CF tube the weak point would be the links regardless what they made of ..and like mentioned it depends what type of driving your doing .as a speed runner I tend to forget that those who off road need more stronger parts.i don't worry to much about this since I don't do off roading but if I crash at high speed I'll have other issues to worry about ..a center brace is designed to give the chassis support from flex.thats why they are mounted on the bulk heads which are the focal points of support for this brace. For those who do speed runs on a short chassis I don't really think a center brace is needed .maybey only after a certain speed . short chassis do flex also but I know from experience that a long chassis does definitely need bracing.it also aids in the drivability and stearing with it mounted..for off roading I think they should have a center brace because you guys are jumping these rigs and it supports the structure .helps the chassis from bending or even snapping in half .I understand why you rather go with a CF sleev rather than a solid tube .money is a issue.but I believe last time I looked on eBay I did see CF solid tubes for under 20 dollars and they were 2 feet long .I'll have to check again I'm not positive.i think the pain in the ass would be threading the outer links to it.you would need to be perfectly centered .I like the way you made it look .but I'm having a hard time seeing a sleeve just sitting over aluminum having very little bennifit in actually supporting the chassis..the sleeve isn't attached to the bulk heads so to me it's just for looks.plz don't think I'm knocking your idea .I love the way it looks and I'm happy you shared it with us..you did nice work.👍
Example ..it's like when someone put up a vinyl fence and they use wood 4x4 posts but slide over a vinyl cover .it's just for looks .nothing structural.if I'm wrong plz slap me hard and wake me up.😁👍

Example ..it's like when someone put up a vinyl fence and they use wood 4x4 posts but slide over a vinyl cover .it's just for looks .nothing structural.if I'm wrong plz slap me hard and wake me up.😁👍
Ok here you go🤣🤣🤣
giphy (3).gif

For a couple bucks, if all it does is look good I'm fine with that as well

The difference between the fence post analogy is that with the carbon fiber tube it actually fits tightly over the diameter of the brace and since the rod ends are slightly larger than the aluminum diameter It will actually butt up against the shoulders of the tube.

So any deflection will transfer to not only the inner rod (which now has extra support on it's O.D.) but also via the shoulder support.

You got me thinking way to hard for the weekend. Time to kill some brain cells.🥃🥃🤯

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back