Considering getting a 2nd rig - suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The drama was that the Kraton EXB had a quality control issue with the build being the first release post COVID with a new differential design. They fixed it with a spacer that prevents the issue and the new EXBs have this resolved. They waited to release the Mojave EXB until they had the differential issue resolved which has been done. The Mojave EXB comes with the upgraded diffs and are a nice improvement over the previous versions. Great truck, very tough and no concerns. If you want to avoid drama and keep it basically stock just order the electronics that come with the RTR version or choose from a reasonable setup from this forum that will fit the stock motor mounts and such.

Most people having problems have put much larger motors that stock and geared higher as well.

I’d advise you to take RATT’s advice with a fistful of salt. You don’t rip an Outcast 8S in half without a major crash with serious forces.

Personally I really enjoy my Notorious 6S. If you like the look of the Mojave EXB I think it is an excellent rig.
Amazing, thanks for taking the time to explain this. I'm currently considering the Keaton EXB or the Mojave EXB. Here in the UK I can get the Kraton EXB for GBP 429.00 and the Mojave EXB for GBP 574.99, so the Mojave is basically £135.00 more. Is that just because the chassis is bigger, or does the Mojave have upgraded stuff that the Kraton does not?

I like the look of the Mojave a lot, especially the EXB version, but it's another SCT, so I guess will still be more likely to roll over than the Kraton due to being narrower and taller, and will have the same issues with muck going into the body/chassis like my Senton. So it gets me wondering if the Kraton would be a better idea.

Do the latest EXB Kratons have the same diffs as the Mojave then? And is it 2x LSDs?

Thanks.

The drama was that the Kraton EXB had a quality control issue with the build being the first release post COVID with a new differential design. They fixed it with a spacer that prevents the issue and the new EXBs have this resolved. They waited to release the Mojave EXB until they had the differential issue resolved which has been done. The Mojave EXB comes with the upgraded diffs and are a nice improvement over the previous versions. Great truck, very tough and no concerns. If you want to avoid drama and keep it basically stock just order the electronics that come with the RTR version or choose from a reasonable setup from this forum that will fit the stock motor mounts and such.

Most people having problems have put much larger motors that stock and geared higher as well.

I’d advise you to take RATT’s advice with a fistful of salt. You don’t rip an Outcast 8S in half without a major crash with serious forces.

Personally I really enjoy my Notorious 6S. If you like the look of the Mojave EXB I think it is an excellent rig.
I'm still waiting for @RATT to show us someone who has broken an O8S as violently as he as :ROFLMAO:

I'm still waiting for @RATT to show us someone who has broken an O8S as violently as he as :ROFLMAO:
YES, My truck broke hard, But I still don't know what sheared the front end that violently. I am the man when it comes to breaking stuff.
If you noticed the screw head is missing on the front end in my picks. The way I see it. I pushed it to its FULL POTENTIAL at 100% stock and then changed the SERVO and the RECIEVER BOX FROM 6 to the 5. Regardless if you didn't see my bashing for those 2 wonderful days.
@jlorenzen I am extreme and I want to know if its going to stand up to the punishment. The Outcast 8S did not stand up to the punishment of Asphalt and Concrete, but all other surfaces grass, high brush,mud, water, clay this truck is awesome. The way it crashed, it was phenomenal and the damage done was not fixable without a new Chasis. So I say this to all the experts, Bash alittle harder in your Videos. Push the limits and get out of it what you want. Me, I am going to make it twice as strong and do it again and I guarantee when I get done. It will still break. That is why we do this.

LOSI lasernut U4 was put through all the same conditions, broke a TIE ROD. That was it.
Talion 6S same conditions and the ball joint popped out of the Hole.
OUTcast 8s, ONE sheared Chasis, REAR, Center, and FWD DIFFs SAT.

What is your source for the Kraton. The Rear end has a brace at the chasis to rear diff and the front end isn't braced and is flimsy on the OUTCAST 8s.
But thanks for the SALT joke. I giggled at that one.

YES, My truck broke hard, But I still don't know what sheared the front end that violently. I am the man when it comes to breaking stuff.
If you noticed the screw head is missing on the front end in my picks. The way I see it. I pushed it to its FULL POTENTIAL at 100% stock and then changed the SERVO and the RECIEVER BOX FROM 6 to the 5. Regardless if you didn't see my bashing for those 2 wonderful days.
@jlorenzen I am extreme and I want to know if its going to stand up to the punishment. The Outcast 8S did not stand up to the punishment of Asphalt and Concrete, but all other surfaces grass, high brush,mud, water, clay this truck is awesome. The way it crashed, it was phenomenal and the damage done was not fixable without a new Chasis. So I say this to all the experts, Bash alittle harder in your Videos. Push the limits and get out of it what you want. Me, I am going to make it twice as strong and do it again and I guarantee when I get done. It will still break. That is why we do this.

LOSI lasernut U4 was put through all the same conditions, broke a TIE ROD. That was it.
Talion 6S same conditions and the ball joint popped out of the Hole.
OUTcast 8s, ONE sheared Chasis, REAR, Center, and FWD DIFFs SAT.

What is your source for the Kraton. The Rear end has a brace at the chasis to rear diff and the front end isn't braced and is flimsy on the OUTCAST 8s.
But thanks for the SALT joke. I giggled at that one.
I love hard bashes with the rigs, you have definitely earned the trophy for hardest O8S bash lol.

Looking forward to seeing your upgrades.

I love hard bashes with the rigs, you have definitely earned the trophy for hardest O8S bash lol.

Looking forward to seeing your upgrades.
Thanks, good times. I found a 7075 Aluminum chasis that a person sells online and it was 199 dollars American.
I figure beef up the front end and JB weld the stress points on the chasis and cover with sheet metal and figure out a way to add more stability in the front end. You have any ideas??other than my cup of salt. lol

The open rear diff without additional shims will not hold up in the Kraton EXB.
All Diffs in my mine held up without shims. I broke it like it was nothing. but all diffs intact and working good. The fact they had little to no grease was not cool, but that was the first time I looked in them. So, shim or not. If you don't align the holes when you screw it back down will be the tale to be told. The bulletproof Kraton chassis as I call it. The chassis went through a lot of punishment and my friend didn't have a problem with his.

Man I wish I recorded it on Video.
I am going to respectfully consider that you may be the problem on the Outcast 8S lol. The fact that you broke your Outcast so violently tells me that you are unfamiliar with large scale rigs and how to control them in the air. My Typhon 3S has held up better than your Outcast 8S and I have sent that thing off of 20+ foot jumps. My Kraton 8S has been just as solid on even bigger jumps... seriously... show me some one else who has broken an O8S like you have lol

On another note, my Talion has already earned my trust... crashed at 40+ mph (easily) and had minimal damage... THAT is a tough rig. Wing broke rather easily though on a flip.

My measly $300 Typhon 3S has been a brute, hands down my toughest rig. All of my Arrma RTRs have been READY TO RUN, no regrets on the money I've spent.
No regrets on my money just the time I could have ran it and went and did something else. Waiting for parts to come in.
:unsure: When did this turn into the Outcast 8s upgrade thread?! I'm asking about 6s rigs...
sorry,

Last edited:
Amazing, thanks for taking the time to explain this. I'm currently considering the Keaton EXB or the Mojave EXB. Here in the UK I can get the Kraton EXB for GBP 429.00 and the Mojave EXB for GBP 574.99, so the Mojave is basically £135.00 more. Is that just because the chassis is bigger, or does the Mojave have upgraded stuff that the Kraton does not?

I like the look of the Mojave a lot, especially the EXB version, but it's another SCT, so I guess will still be more likely to roll over than the Kraton due to being narrower and taller, and will have the same issues with muck going into the body/chassis like my Senton. So it gets me wondering if the Kraton would be a better idea.

Do the latest EXB Kratons have the same diffs as the Mojave then? And is it 2x LSDs?

Thanks.
I just looked and the Mojave is more for me here in Canada as well. The fundamental difference is a big air-catching racing truck style body or the Kraton which is sort of a hybrid truggy/monster truck. I don't know exactly what is sorted out on the latest shipments of Kraton EXBs but I do expect the new spacers are in the diffs now. I would say go with the Kraton EXB. It is 2x LSD but you can tune how limited the slip is by arranging the plates... but honestly it handles well from the factory and I don't know why you would mess with it much. The RTR Kraton people put higher weight diff fluid in and the LSD plates effectively turn your diff fluid into a thicker one. You can still tune the slip using diff fluid viscosity, you just use a lower number.

Is there any way to tell if the Kraton you buy has the new or old diffs? Without taking the diff apart?

No worries, I'm not actually that precious about it - I just got a whiny PM on here once when I inadvertently steered a topic off course.

Anyways, pretty sure I'll go for a Kraton EXB or Mojave EXB. Just not sure which.
I'd consider going with the V5 Kraton that was announced today. Or the V5 Typhon is what I want but wanted to much lately now I'm broke. Idk that's just my thoughts.?

I'd consider going with the V5 Kraton that was announced today. Or the V5 Typhon is what I want but wanted to much lately now I'm broke. Idk that's just my thoughts.?
Are they any different to the EXB models that pretty much just came out?

Yes. Going to Arrma.com is were you can see all the differences. But there is a huge cost difference depending on what you already or don't already own. Really can't go wrong as these are the top of the food chain rc trucks were talking about.

Yes. Going to Arrma.com is were you can see all the differences. But there is a huge cost difference depending on what you already or don't already own. Really can't go wrong as these are the top of the food chain rc trucks were talking about.
I'll check them out now, but presumably the EXB models will be tougher than the V5 regular models? I can see Arena seem to be switching the Spektrum electronics, but that's a bit irrelevant anyway because you supply your own electronics for the EXB models.

I'll look now and see if there are any other differences.

No they aren't, they are mid tier rc cars. You want top of the line you need to look at MCD Racing and prepare to open up your wallet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back