Custom bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some YouTube videos in diy injection molding. Or maybe you have a local makerspace that has an injection molding setup.

Too bad on the truck body. My mind would work like “now I must get another rc for this body...”
That truck was for my Senton. My first paint job, used can paint. I now have a airbrush and bunch of colors for Infraction body. I am trying to get this to fit Wheelbase.
1583241851068.png

Attachments

• Senton Front.jpg
    Senton Front.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Senton Back.jpg
    Senton Back.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Senton Side.jpg
    Senton Side.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 49
1583243539247.png

Man I wish I access to a program like 3Dmax. Awesome job!
We have Revit, Fabrication MEP, we also do 3D scanning and point clouds. We have nice 3D printer. We do product development, fabrication and Construction drawings for all trades.

30 years ago, when I raced a Tamiya Fox, I used to build my own bodies for it and paint them. I completely want to do this for my granite. I think the truck bodies are boring, and the buggy style is more what I like. I had access to a very high end vacuum form machine at my dad's work as a teen, so I was able to make some really cool designs. I casted a mold from stock body using plater of paris, mixed with a mix of water and elmer's glue. This made a very strong base. I also used styrofoam to fill the body so it wasn't so heavy. From there, I sanded, filed, sculped, made additions I filled with more PoP.

If you are vacuum forming, and haven't done it before, drill some tiny holes through your mold to pull the plastic down tight across it. I would only normally dirll 4 around the roof line but it helped greatly to get a good molding.

Probably not a good idea to heat the plastic in an oven you cook food in.

Last edited:
This just set a light bulb off in my head... Formula 1 body for the 3s line. Mini Limitless anyone ?

That's actually pretty freaking awesome honestly
Edit to add **
That's a Typhon 6s, I was thinking what about on a 3s, maybe a little lower slung for the height of the canopy

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back