Reinforce/Strengthen Bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So whats the most reasonable way to reinforce my arrma bodies 6s and 4s? I see drywall tape pros and cons i see gorilla tape what are you guys doing these days

How Hard do you really Bash?

Run it into parked cars?
Bounce it off trees/light poles?
Jump it over the house?

Or just tumble womble across the grassy field?

I use drywall tape and silicone.
I vary the amount of layers depending how hard it's beaten.

My Typhon, I wanted light so 1 layer.
My Granite was the first body I reinforced, so that got 4 layers.

Everything else got 2 layers.
IMG_20230106_151824.jpg

How Hard do you really Bash?

Run it into parked cars?
Bounce it off trees/light poles?
Jump it over the house?

Or just tumble womble across the grassy field?
bmx park near my house 10-20 in the air often. majority of the time i do land on tires but some times it will cartwheel across the park at a pace that could hurt someone lol.

I used it for the first body because I couldn't get shoe goo and it ended up working amazing. Strong but flexible. Cheaper then shoe goo and you get way more. I usually use Lepage Quad. I had been using clear but for the Fireteam and Mojave they had black in stock at Lowe's and I really like how it came out.
Screenshot_2023-11-15-15-50-20-061_com.android.chrome.jpg

bmx park near my house 10-20 in the air often. majority of the time i do land on tires but some times it will cartwheel across the park at a pace that could hurt someone lol.

You'll probably want to add some body skids along with the drywall and goo method..

After doing a few, some with Gorilla tape, some with drywall tape and ShoeGoo, I finally asked why I was wasting my time doing it. It does help the body to keep from tearing, but doesn’t really add that much extra life to them in the greater scheme of things, and it makes them a lot heavier.
But I really enjoy painting my own bodies, and by the time one gets destroyed I’m pretty much looking forward to doing the next one.

After doing a few, some with Gorilla tape, some with drywall tape and ShoeGoo, I finally asked why I was wasting my time doing it. It does help the body to keep from tearing, but doesn’t really add that much extra life to them in the greater scheme of things, and it makes them a lot heavier.
But I really enjoy painting my own bodies, and by the time one gets destroyed I’m pretty much looking forward to doing the next one.
My thoughts exactly

200 dollar unbreakable 1/5 scale body. 20 minutes later. I agree with Dan B, its going to happen and just paint up a new 1.

View attachment 332067
what did you hit a curb at top speed lol. my son did that to an outcast exb he was six and hit a parked car

https://www.rctech.net/forum/painti...tection-bashers-long-article-many-photos.html

I used it for the first body because I couldn't get shoe goo and it ended up working amazing. Strong but flexible. Cheaper then shoe goo and you get way more. I usually use Lepage Quad. I had been using clear but for the Fireteam and Mojave they had black in stock at Lowe's and I really like how it came out.View attachment 332059
Does this stuff smell worse than shoe goo? Does it take 4 weeks to dry?
Holy smoke, you just reminded me that I ordered a box of the edging and a bunch of their Dragon Skin last year, and I haven’t even tried them yet! 😂
I've been wanting to try that stuff.

I reinforce mine a little, but like others I enjoy painting so I don't go all out. Usually I put a bead of shoe goo around the bed with truck bodies, a few strips of gorilla tape and a little piece of kydex taped over the body mount holes.
Important to remember not crashing will extend the life of the body more than any reinforcement method. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back