Kraton Cutting/soldering esc & servo wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asus127

Reaction score
Has anyone cut these and made them shorter? Bit of a pain getting them back into its little house

20240508_214203.jpg

Has anyone cut these and made them shorter? Bit of a pain getting them back into its little house

View attachment 365279
Yes indeed.

However, it’ll almost always void any warranty if you have an issue down the road. Also most quality manufacturers coat their boards, making it a royal PITA to desolder, clean, and resolver the right way.. You can also “de-pin” the connector, shorten the wires, and install a new connector provided you’re fluent in doing that kind of work. My servo’s and ESC’s last long enough that they tend to move around between vehicles over time, so I prefer to neatly coil up the excess, secure with 2-3 small T&B Ty-raps, and then install the Rx. I also cut out a piece of 3/8”ish black foam for the bottom, and lid of the Rx box, so that it’s protected, and not slamming around in there. Has worked great for me over the last 35yrs..

Yes indeed.

However, it’ll almost always void any warranty if you have an issue down the road. Also most quality manufacturers coat their boards, making it a royal PITA to desolder, clean, and resolver the right way.. You can also “de-pin” the connector, shorten the wires, and install a new connector provided you’re fluent in doing that kind of work. My servo’s and ESC’s last long enough that they tend to move around between vehicles over time, so I prefer to neatly coil up the excess, secure with 2-3 small T&B Ty-raps, and then install the Rx. I also cut out a piece of 3/8”ish black foam for the bottom, and lid of the Rx box, so that it’s protected, and not slamming around in there. Has worked great for me over the last 35yrs..
Cheers dude

Back