Typhon CVD sliders keep coming apart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdikyle

Reaction score
I upgraded the front driveshafts to the CVD sliders but they keep on seperating at the middle, anyone else have this issue? It's like they are slightly too short

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310870/TYPHON/ALL/ALL/ALL#xref

They are the ones I have, it's strange that they list them as being compatible with both the granite and the Typhon even though they are different width cars.

They fit and run fine in the front during normal use but if they take a bad landing and the steering over extends then they come apart, super annoying, happened 3 times in a 15 minute run.

It is the wrong pic, basically it must be the same CVDs as for the Kraton/Outcast 4S with the 17mm hex.

Did you buy the specific cvds for the Typhon they have longer arms?
There are no specific CVD's for the Typhon 3s. Option parts for the Typhon 3s list the same CVD's as the Granite and Senton 3s.
It is the wrong pic, basically it must be the same CVDs as for the Kraton/Outcast 4S with the 17mm hex.
Do the 4s 17mm hex CVD's fit a 3s Typhon?

If you change your diff you can run these in stead

Screenshot_20201022_060609_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Just note these prices are in AUD
These are 6S Typhon parts too but will still work

Just realised there's something major that I overlooked :banghead:

My Typhon was converted from a granite, I didn't change the driveshafts at the time so kept the granite driveshafts and hubs/hexes, only changed the links and arms and added 17mm hot racing adapters and badlands.

Think for now I will put the arrma cvds on the back and put the stock granite driveshafts back on the front.

DSC_0173.JPG

Nothing I tried worked with other CVDs, so simply ignore my posts :(

You can't get dog bones for the 3s cars?
Yes you can, Integy makes them. I run the Arrma CVD’s on 4s. I’ve broken the CVD’s, but I was shredding the stock shafts. Also they make a longer set for the 4s models, that’s probably what you want!
BD7A4227-C8BB-440E-8B74-E030F62B61C3.jpeg

015F9140-B91B-4A5B-92BD-66FC4994208F.jpeg

Yeah I've replaced them in my Granite with the tuning CVDs, they are superb but costs a little bit.. Whereas my Typhon still runs the ootb ones and nerver had a popping issue yet

Last edited:
Granite and Typhon both use the same stock driveshafts. However, aftermarket solutions might not have enough slide for the wide arms of the Typhon. The 4S rigs use completely different hubs and bearings and cannot be mixed with the 3S parts. They really only share a chassis. Everything else outside the chassis is unique.

@jondilly1974: when replacing the axle hubs as well, it would work as the 4S ones are mounted outside and the 3S ones are mounted inside. But required also to replace some other parts. Thats what I've tested today. But then you can also buy the tuning CVDs. Same or even cheaper price and less effort.

@jondilly1974: when replacing the axle hubs as well, it would work as the 4S ones are mounted outside and the 3S ones are mounted inside. But required also to replace some other parts. Thats what I've tested today. But then you can also buy the tuning CVDs. Same or even cheaper price and less effort.
Pics please. I’m not following what you’re saying. The arms of the 4S at the ends are different spacing than the 3S. The hubs and caster blocks are wider on the 4S. The bearings are larger in the hubs as well. There aren’t many shared parts.

Granite and Typhon both use the same stock driveshafts. However, aftermarket solutions might not have enough slide for the wide arms of the Typhon. The 4S rigs use completely different hubs and bearings and cannot be mixed with the 3S parts. They really only share a chassis. Everything else outside the chassis is unique.
The 3s and 4s Arrma CVD’s are identical, 4s is longer. You can interchange the ends.
4923A220-3CCC-4EDC-A899-2DF5ABEA4FD6.png
E4B86E38-6239-4069-8D47-1AFCB9C2E99A.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back