Notorious Dboots copperhead on Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drughi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Did anybody put kraton dboots wheels / tyres on Notorious to be more stable and can go faster on shorter distance?

Thanks

I put Copperheads on my Outcast and vise versa. Can't say if they go faster on short distance.

Ok great now the decision is even harder.....got all the necessary for a 4x4 and even saved for the 6s version but now it is Kraton or Notorious. I like the kraton to go fast and some stunts and stable while also looking at the notorious for mice wheelies with less effort stunt more easy and still fast. The query is getting a Kraton and get bored doing the same thing in tarmac or else get a Notorious and get board with all the wheelies and need longer distance to go fast????

The dilema of the year lol

Ok great now the decision is even harder.....got all the necessary for a 4x4 and even saved for the 6s version but now it is Kraton or Notorious. I like the kraton to go fast and some stunts and stable while also looking at the notorious for mice wheelies with less effort stunt more easy and still fast. The query is getting a Kraton and get bored doing the same thing in tarmac or else get a Notorious and get board with all the wheelies and need longer distance to go fast????

The dilema of the year lol
Yeah, This is a commonly asked question as which one to get. You already know they are two different animals.

I got both at the same time because it was hard to decide, so problem solved. I can say if you decide on one, you will probably consider getting the other in time.

You will not get bored with the Kraton, I'll assure you. This is the one I'd also recommend. It al depends on your intentions with each. My Kraton is my go to, I use the OC in smaller areas and around the house for ramp jumps. Its harded to control especially at speed, whereas the Kraton is much more predictable.

If I were to only have one, it would be Kraton hands down. Good luck with your decision. ??

For less wheelies you can try thicker rear shock oil and lower front / higher back with the preload (and overall lower), plus thin center diff oil.

For less wheelies you can try thicker rear shock oil and lower front / higher back with the preload (and overall lower), plus thin center diff oil.
150 in the center dif helps to stop wheelies to but makes flips tricky

I prefer the shorter chassis. Fits in my hauler bag better. I don't do a lot of WOT flat runs, other than WOT to hit a jump. With the right oils in the diffs and a bit of trigger control, the outcast isn't too difficult to drive hard.

I run trencher 3.8's which are wrapped with kevlar string, so I don't fight with ballooning. That probably helps a lot too, however, it dulls the acrobatic ability quite a bit. I can still do single/double flips, but I'd have to really get it up and count on a lot of hope to land a triple. I'm usually satisfied with a good single flip that I do while launching 30 feet out or so.

Yeah, This is a commonly asked question as which one to get. You already know they are two different animals.

I got both at the same time because it was hard to decide, so problem solved. I can say if you decide on one, you will probably consider getting the other in time.

You will not get bored with the Kraton, I'll assure you. This is the one I'd also recommend. It al depends on your intentions with each. My Kraton is my go to, I use the OC in smaller areas and around the house for ramp jumps. Its harded to control especially at speed, whereas the Kraton is much more predictable.

If I were to only have one, it would be Kraton hands down. Good luck with your decision. ??

Wish i could get bought but its already out of budget to get a car that price but I know through experience if no parts exist its like u bought a car for once. Hopefully it will last long.

seeing again your comment part of your comment agian " My Kraton is my go to, I use the OC in smaller areas and around the house for ramp jumps" I think i will purchase the Notorious as most of the areas i will be at are always small areas and will create a small foldable ramp https://www.instructables.com/id/Quick-and-Easy-Folding-RC-Ramp/ for stunts so......will make some research and hit the button :)

Thanks again

Wish i could get bought but its already out of budget to get a car that price but I know through experience if no parts exist its like u bought a car for once. Hopefully it will last long.

seeing again your comment part of your comment agian " My Kraton is my go to, I use the OC in smaller areas and around the house for ramp jumps" I think i will purchase the Notorious as most of the areas i will be at are always small areas and will create a small foldable ramp https://www.instructables.com/id/Quick-and-Easy-Folding-RC-Ramp/ for stunts so......will make some research and hit the button :)

Thanks again
Use 1/4" plywood instead of 1/2". 1/4" flexes a bit when you hit and if the ramp doesn't have a nice curve to it, it's going to be harsh to hit at a decent speed. 1/2" will be like hitting a wall, but the give that 1/4" has will soften the hit and also be less of a lip/ridge where it meets the ground.

I have a couple ramps built like that using 4'x2'. If you make them the same pitch with the rope, you can put them side by side and have a 4' wide ramp that you can hit from both directions.

Thanks again
Can't go wrong with either. ?
Happy bashing with the Notorious! ?

Swapped both on Kraton and Noto. The Backflips are lighter for sure. CH2's are a tad bit wider and lower. The BF seem to grip just a bit more. Examing blow outs of both, the BF are a harder and thicker rubber compared to the CH2's. But that may be subjective to some. Also, when the CH2's wear in a bit, they loose some bite. The BF maintain bite for much more time. ( due to the harder thicker rubber) The narrower BF would be the faster tire on paper, but that is also subjective IMO.
BTW, I stopped venting the Arrma tires. 4 of my last blow outs appeared to start tearing at the 1/8" tire vent holes I drilled out. Never seen this with my PL tires. PL tires have a more pliable rubber content from my experience.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back