DBXL-E 2.0. Would a Castle motor provide more power than stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
The Castle 2028 800 kv is roughly the same dimensions as the stock Spektrum motor. Higher quality though I’m sure.

Has anyone made this change? Would I see any noticeable difference in power?

I’ve asked the same question, and from what I understand the simple answer is no. More power can be obtained from a different ESC (XLX2 or Max 4) paired with whatever motor you choose. Of course, 12s is possible at that point as well for a huge power gain, but even at 8s more power is realized. I was briefly tempted to do it before contemplating a power upgrade that cost the same as this very expensive rig cost in the first place. I decided to stick with 8s, good batteries, and correct gearing with extra fans.
Ask @Moirae what he thinks.

I have the Castle MMX 8s ESC and 1717 1650kv motor in my Kraton 6s. It is so much faster and has more torque than the stock system. It’s like night and day difference.

From all the YT vids I have seen, once somebody put a castle in, the car gets more lively.
You wouldn’t see the effect with a motor only. The ESC would have to be upgraded as well.
I have the Castle MMX 8s ESC and 1717 1650kv motor in my Kraton 6s. It is so much faster and has more torque than the stock system. It’s like night and day difference.
Of course, but that would be a serious downgrade for the big 1/5 DBXL-E that we‘re talking about. It would be much slower than the stock system before it burst into flames.

I’ve asked the same question, and from what I understand the simple answer is no. More power can be obtained from a different ESC (XLX2 or Max 4) paired with whatever motor you choose. Of course, 12s is possible at that point as well for a huge power gain, but even at 8s more power is realized. I was briefly tempted to do it before contemplating a power upgrade that cost the same as this very expensive rig cost in the first place. I decided to stick with 8s, good batteries, and correct gearing with extra fans.
Ask @Moirae what he thinks.
I agree with you. Definitely need to change the esc too, I'm willing to bet he would see a bigger increase in performance just changing the esc if he had to pick one.

You wouldn’t see the effect with a motor only. The ESC would have to be upgraded as well.
True, but I have never seen somebody upgrade just the motor. The stock motor is pretty good imo. If somebody is buying a new motor, it is probably because they abused it. Stock ESC is a rebranded Max6. The max6 won't give you full potential for the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back