Typhon Destroyed my brand new Typhon V4 on my very first pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember the shock tower requires the rear piece under the steering plate as it replaces the stock upper bolts with hinge pins.
Yep cool thank you.
I was semi joking as I really shouldn't be spending on items I don't really need at the moment. It just looks so darn sexy though. :love: ;)

So broke my notorious pretty much immediately again while doing NOTHING- so I was pissed and said no problem, I’ll run the buggy- let’s hit the skate park. ?

While I didn’t get anywhere near the air or back flips that @Shocked Diver did with his Outcast, I did some jumps and had a few hard landings.

Overall other than a little rash on the bottom parts of the new t-bone bumpers, the buggy held up well until I launched off a ramp, over a fence and into the woods. I think that is what caused my breakage for the day. Somehow managed to bust the new upper pin mount inserts on one side and loose the pin. A-arm is undamaged.

6D62E9D9-D892-42BF-97CE-5B94650A8F0A.jpeg
8B0892CE-FC52-4669-8719-CD07096F70A1.jpeg

For the first time driving this thing other than the 30 seconds the first time and destroying it- I will say it is constantly out of control. Hit the gas and it just spins the tires and goes sideways. If I accel gradually it drives straight but hit the throttle and it is instantly and consistently out of control on both stock tires and full slicks.

I am guessing it will be hard to find just the shock tower inserts required for the Durango dex8.

Nah- they are readily available and cheap. The smaller inserts themselves are the same for the towers, and front and rear suspension pin caps pieces.

I have several bags of them on order. Wasn't expecting that would be a item that could break. ;)

Also ordered the TD lower rear pin holder as it will allow me to zero out the rear toe on the Typhon.

The stock tires on the V4 can not handle high speeds very well at all, which is likely why you lost control and hit the curb.

I thought it was odd that the pin insert cracked and pin fell out. Noticed why today-

9B32C5AC-8FD1-4F66-99CF-98C8EAF0F6FE.jpeg

Frustratingly that was a brand new bulkhead, so didnt last 1 run- but to be fair I launched it at the skatepark. ?

Installed the new Durango rear piece so I can get rid of the toe in on the back tires.

Just like the front shock tower and mating front upper piece- the inserts allow adjustment in steps in either direction- up/down, left/right, even diagonal towards a corner.

They have 2 step options, so halfway from center, or twice as far. I’m sure somewhere in some manual it lists what degrees that equals.

If you look the Durango piece has notches that must have mated with the Durango frame. A quick wack on the bench grinder took care of that for a perfect fit. ?

B6C6991F-C021-4D39-8D7C-57F3BF008F4C.jpeg
D0FBD074-DFE1-40F8-94E6-6E72D44EA69D.jpeg
DC04FE67-14DF-4A67-A34B-D0F6989742CC.jpeg
EB8376F0-30CD-446F-9DFC-4379309760C5.jpeg

Looking good, I like the way you can adjust all the toe, caster angles etc with these..??????

Perfect for a speed run car so you can get it dialed in for pin straight runs and less tire scrub..!!

Subscribing for updates. Glad you were able to build it back up and make some improvements along the way.
What is the name of the team Durango piece that creates toe adjustments?
Do you have a specific speed goal in mind?

-Liberty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back