Typhon Destroyed my brand new Typhon V4 on my very first pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the first and last pages, but looks like a great opportunity to replace the weak factory parts for M2C (you have) and voltage or the like. I think speed projects need the structure mods the most considering what a wipe out will do to them. Sucks to crash on your first run though, I remember back in the 90s RCs used to break just looking at them ?
no different today with traxxas right?

no different today with traxxas right?

I don’t know... I only own an X maxx and mine is very tough, before that I’ve only had 2 slashes and a Revo 3.3 nitro back in the day. I think all RTR RCs are inherently weaker by nature.

I don’t know... I only own an X maxx and mine is very tough, before that I’ve only had 2 slashes and a Revo 3.3 nitro back in the day. I think all RTR RCs are inherently weaker by nature.
I was being sarcastic......lolz. I just read and hear a lot about how fragile traxxas is compared to arrma.

I was being sarcastic......lolz. I just read and hear a lot about how fragile traxxas is compared to arrma.
I know you were... I just don’t want to start that pissing match again. I just got a Kraton 4s and TBH, if it had Traxxas logos on it I wouldn’t be surprised. All of these types of RCs are the same thing just different logos.

I know you were... I just don’t want to start that pissing match again. I just got a Kraton 4s and TBH, if it had Traxxas logos on it I wouldn’t be surprised. All of these types of RCs are the same thing just different logos.
anything not made in china these days would be a surprise for me. from what I've been seeing a lot of is this companies making similar style RC models that are just as strong but at less than half price. that's what you get when you give someone your IP rights

Fragile isn't the word for it. Sure Arrma can take more abuse, but that's because we abuse them more. Most Traxxas guys are content with soft bashing while we try to find new ways to wreck the Arrma stuff. Traxxas actually makes a few rigs right now that can take some pretty harsh stuff. My 2 8S X-Maxx's are really tough but they both have the bare minimum amount of Traxxas stuff. The 6S truck spent more time wrecked than running. Then again my converted E-Maxx was hands down the worst car I ever bought. RTRs are made to break so you have to dump money into them to fix/upgrade. The only difference in companies is how much you have to upgrade vs your driving style. If you find tons of immovable objects & try to reach for the moon, then RTRs will be money pits. If you stay in large yards & earthbound most of the time, then RTR will be your best buddy. But doing the latter gets really boring if you're in the hobby long enough.

Fragile isn't the word for it. Sure Arrma can take more abuse, but that's because we abuse them more. Most Traxxas guys are content with soft bashing while we try to find new ways to wreck the Arrma stuff. Traxxas actually makes a few rigs right now that can take some pretty harsh stuff. My 2 8S X-Maxx's are really tough but they both have the bare minimum amount of Traxxas stuff. The 6S truck spent more time wrecked than running. Then again my converted E-Maxx was hands down the worst car I ever bought. RTRs are made to break so you have to dump money into them to fix/upgrade. The only difference in companies is how much you have to upgrade vs your driving style. If you find tons of immovable objects & try to reach for the moon, then RTRs will be money pits. If you stay in large yards & earthbound most of the time, then RTR will be your best buddy. But doing the latter gets really boring if you're in the hobby long enough.

oh I know that feeling very well. the 2wd rustler vxl has been broken so many times now plus the amount of spares I've bought, I could have very well easily put that money towards the x-maxx which he really wanted (granted it would have been way too much for him to handle). instead of me just buying him the revo 2.0 for his birthday plus the rustler. then there's the slash 4x4...….another ton of money dumped into it! so both those vehicles now all have the upgraded alloy parts, which in hindsight might have been cheaper to build one from the ground up.

Last edited:
Him… Guys can we take that conversation elsewhere? ?

Back on topic -

These should be stronger, more adjustable, look cooler, and 20% lighter.

D901C431-3182-41B0-96C9-D9E12350107C.jpeg
3ECC29BF-1992-4167-A0C7-9D4030132135.jpeg

And here is what led to all the Durango parts.

The plastic piece under the plate broke in the crash.

I bought a new one, which comes in a kit with 3 other parts I didn’t need.

Well, the holes in the bottom that capture the nuts on the plastic part were too tight to just drop in- so much so that I broke the new part trying to press the nut in.

So my options were -

#1- buy another plastic kit and hope I could press the nut in without breaking. About $10

#2- buy that part in aluminum from hot racing. About $17

#3- buy that part made by Durango for $6.35

Yea it required me to buy the front Durango shock tower but that was only $15.52

These have the capability of adjusting the pin angles which I think does something to the caster- but I’ll probably never do anything with it.

3E60CDC0-7470-4E53-A34E-4D8210876ED7.jpeg
FF962FC7-8BA7-443F-8E95-EB9832CE36E0.jpeg

The video is for the lower pieces but the concept is the same-

That thing is gonna be a sweet looking rig when all is done! Keep up the good work!
And here is what led to all the Durango parts.

The plastic piece under the plate broke in the crash.

I bought a new one, which comes in a kit with 3 other parts I didn’t need.

Well, the holes in the bottom that capture the nuts on the plastic part were too tight to just drop in- so much so that I broke the new part trying to press the nut in.

So my options were -

#1- buy another plastic kit and hope I could press the nut in without breaking. About $10

#2- buy that part in aluminum from hot racing. About $17

#3- buy that part made by Durango for $6.35

Yea it required me to buy the front Durango shock tower but that was only $15.52

These have the capability of adjusting the pin angles which I think does something to the caster- but I’ll probably never do anything with it.

View attachment 39086View attachment 39087

The video is for the lower pieces but the concept is the same-

Where are you getting the Team Durango parts? Ebay?

She is back together and ready to run.

Far from done and tons of changes yet to happen- just deserves to be driven more than 30 seconds before I go crazy so I put some parts aside for now.

Sitting next to her big brother who donated his M2c chassis to her and saved her life.

BA4699C1-F898-490A-A5FD-AC206FAF20D5.jpeg

Not much to look at inside- mostly stock.

Just remember the shock tower requires the rear piece under the steering plate as it replaces the stock upper bolts with hinge pins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back