Typhon Destroyed my brand new Typhon V4 on my very first pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got my Not, some people said start on 4S. Of course I said hell no, lets go fast.

Looking back- 4 probably would have been just fine.
4s takes off like a bat out of hell and can still be alot of fun, it just doesn't have the crazy top speed that 6s does.

Radio is getting switched to a V3 Tactic.

Was just in the garage working on it and when trying to push in the captured nuts in the plastic piece under the metal plate on the steering assembly- it broke. Ugh.

Just saw this thread, sorry to see you've had a pretty bad crash or should I say mega wipeout..!!

It happens to all of us at some point in time..??

Just a shame your run was so short and your ownership of the Typhon was so short lived, Wishing you the best of luck fixing it all up.????

Nice to see people on this forum all willing to pitch in..?? this is a great place with awesome people..!!

Haha- more damage found.

First is the receiver box.

Next is hard to tell, but the metal insert on a diff case is bent. You can see the notch in one pic, and the other pic the notch is pushed in the case.

Hard to tell in a picture because of the reflection. The metal part is basically doing the leaning tower of Pisa.

I didn’t even notice until I was assembling the diff and the gear wouldn’t seat inside because it is no longer level.

8EB38D0E-B47E-4E87-83AD-715232824F09.jpeg

65A7A423-79E9-45BC-A3A7-B0047AE3B1AE.jpeg
0F5436A7-9011-48FB-947F-272A2A1DD3EB.jpeg

Pic of one of the broken front parts that attaches to the diff bulkhead which was also broken-

26B36CC8-5AF8-475D-B462-CC8E25D20EEB.jpeg

wow!......so sorry to hear about what happened. I haven't picked my typhon up yet (low on funds at the mo) and stuff like that scares me.
Not need to be scared..start off in 4s in a wide open field. When going to 6s then do the same, wide open field and you’ll be fine

Not need to be scared..start off in 4s in a wide open field. When going to 6s then do the same, wide open field and you’ll be fine
not so much scared like that...….just can't afford to fix it every time it breaks. my kids are killing me with their traxxas stuff breaking

Oh man that is a terrible crash, i feel for you. What would i do if money is not a problem, first buy a new Typhon and then just start to slowly rebuilt with Jennys RC parts and you will come up with a second Typhon that you will be able to handed to friends and get the passion transmited . Don't forget to put 4S when you let your friens rip it ? Good luck ???

It is currently getting rebuilt.

I thought about just buying another. I thought about getting a roller chassis.

I thought about just replacing all the stock parts I broke (which is pretty much everything!)

None of that made sense.

Another new one would be the most expensive option for no real upside other than another motor and a few spare parts.

A roller was quoted to me at $250- nah, would still end up with the same car with the same weaknesses.

And all stock parts- still weaknesses.

The biggest thing that caused all the damage- (other than me eating a curb) was the stock chassis bending badly.

Once the chassis bent the front bulkhead broke loose, the front and rear pieces to the bulkheald also snapped off, front shock tower bent- everything was shoved backward- upper plate bent, ackerman plate bent, front chassis brace broke, driveshaft bent, receiver box broke, motor mount bent, diff housing broke, internal diff gear broke, rear shock tower bent.... damn near every part on the car is garbage from one crash.

For anyone who thinks a M2c chassis is a lot of money, even if I managed to bend one of those- I promise you I would still have a LOT less damage!!! The cost in other parts and work would still make it worth it!

SOOO- M2c chassis is installed, M2c motor mount is installed. *Note M2c motor mount on a V4 requires the V3 top piece- so instead of plastic for only a few dollars more I ordered the HR piece.

I won't be putting that on the Typhon though as I want to keep it's weight down for a speed buggy so I will put it on my now LWB fat pig Notorious and swap the V3 plastic from there. The not will be much more likely to have hard hits going forward.

Typhon now has front and rear T-bone bumpers.

While shopping I picked up a few goodies-

No need. I don't need to sell my wife on anything. I do what I want when I want. She does what she wants when she wants. I have my job, my bills, she has her job her bills. We split anything that involves us both- mortgage, utilities, tv, etc.

No need. I don't need to sell my wife on anything. I do what I want when I want. She does what she wants when she wants. I have my job, my bills, she has her job her bills. We split anything that involves us both- mortgage, utilities, tv, etc.
wow.....lucky guy. I wish my wife was like that!

I just fixed my sons slash 4x4. I took for a spin and didn't take my finger off the trigger quick enough. so full speed in reverse, goes underneath my vehicle and smack!!!!! I hear a strange noise when trying to drive it back out. so I just tore it apart and found I stripped the teeth off the plastic spur gear for the centre diff.........hahahaha. I can't win! maybe I'm not ready for the power of an arrma!

They are absurdly fast on 6S. Makes an area you think it big enough way too small waaay too fast- and crash. ?
yeah I've realized that pretty quick.......hence why I like taking the kids to the park

It’s all good man, I was just messing around.

They are absurdly fast on 6S. Makes an area you think it big enough way too small waaay too fast- and crash. ?
I had plenty of "6S cars" b4 my V1 Kraton, but they were all junk that could barely stay together on 4S. So what do I do when I get the Kraton, drive it for a whole year on 4S with no problems. The second I tried 6S, I enjoyed 5-6 minutes of :eek: b4 the ESC flamed-ON :ROFLMAO: I've been recently trying to get use to 4S again but it's pretty hard. I also used the huge open field approach for my first 6S efforts.

Oh man, I feel your pain bruh!! My Thunder Tiger Bushmaster is still on the bench after crashing it at speed into a car tire. I was just trying to figure out what the throttle atl setting does on my futaba 4pv...apparently it disables the brakes!!! Smash. Front end exploded. Many parts ordered all the way from China, lengthy rebuild process I have going on right now. Ugh!

I read the first and last pages, but looks like a great opportunity to replace the weak factory parts for M2C (you have) and voltage or the like. I think speed projects need the structure mods the most considering what a wipe out will do to them. Sucks to crash on your first run though, I remember back in the 90s RCs used to break just looking at them ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back