Divorce shipment arriving soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My F&R diffs were dry/not close to full but I expected that, topped off with 500k. Center was fine but still added some 2mil fluid. Some loose screws but nothing major so far. Got the motor and servo with HR servo saver installed last night. Gonna work on the esc tonight.

BC89B5F1-69FD-4D1E-9231-F60D9CDF3FCC.jpeg

DB92436D-D3FB-4C3B-B4FF-BB6E3C73760F.jpeg

3633013F-7769-4381-B733-CCC539270CD2.jpeg

28490D2D-ABDC-4C5C-8A3E-DB34EE093C5F.jpeg

7FAC29AB-1BB9-4752-918D-50EC8F30FB61.jpeg

93F3E4D9-14DE-4CC9-B7B6-547800123A04.jpeg

AAF9E8F6-0F9F-4151-BE3B-4DCF4504EBD1.jpeg

1C67A7D9-EE5E-4D2E-BAFB-AC6CC92CD057.jpeg

My F&R diffs were dry/not close to full but I expected that, topped off with 500k. Center was fine but still added some 2mil fluid. Some loose screws but nothing major so far. Got the motor and servo with HR servo saver installed last night. Gonna work on the esc tonight.

View attachment 280502
Awesome pics. Tell me about this Hot Racing item here on the servo. I'm new to the 8S so haven't seen this... Known failure point, or ???.

Can't wait to start getting more parts, but gotta go through and top everything off... You da man.

I'm new to the 8S so haven't seen this... Known failure point, or ???.
Not necessarily a failure point for me, more of a "better steering thing". I changed the one on my K8 and noticed a big difference! I used a GPM servo saver on that but it's designed the same and the HR one was available on Amains site, which is where I got the Max5 Combo.

Still rocking stock servo saver here.

Isn't a full diff about 2/3rds 3/4? Or do you want them 100%?

View attachment 280496

View attachment 280497

View attachment 280498

View attachment 280499

View attachment 280500

View attachment 280501

View attachment 280502

View attachment 280503
How do you like power hd servo. Was looking at that. Then I saw storm 2 was also considering it but that's ones like double or triple in price.

How do you like power hd servo. Was looking at that. Then I saw storm 2 was also considering it but that's ones like double or triple in price.
Haven't used it yet but I got it because it's what I see some guys use. And it was a less expensive option. I will post as soon as I get some experience with it.
Isn't a full diff about 2/3rds 3/4? Or do you want them 100%?
I fill mine around 85-90%. As much as I can without spillage or getting it in the screw holes.

Congrats! I don't know if it's too late to cancel your order, but if it's not you might wanna try and get that from King Cobra hobby instead. That's where I ordered mine, it was $420.
Dang!!!
I always find sales right after they end!!

Thank you for sharing as well as the code, but it really did end. :(

They want something like 4.03 trillion trillion billion for it now. Probably to make up for all the losses you guys generated.

C8F4094C-F744-4203-A6B7-E70563C9F9AB.jpeg

can i ask how you find deals like this? are you on a mailing list or is it on a forum somewhere?
I assume he is on their mailing list. There is a thread here for everyone to post deals in also.
I actually caught wind of it on the RC Deals Thread here. You either have to be active on forums or just visit the retail sites quite often in order to catch these type of things.

can i ask how you find deals like this? are you on a mailing list or is it on a forum somewhere?
I'm on their mailing list as @fozzy71 said.

I would recommend you watch the "Share your best RC deal" thread by @WoodiE on this forum if you want to stay in tune with all the deals from around the internet.

Haven't used it yet but I got it because it's what I see some guys use. And it was a less expensive option. I will post as soon as I get some experience with it.

I fill mine around 85-90%. As much as I can without spillage or getting it in the screw holes.
Used the HD servo twice now. Started out feeling great. By the end of first run I noticed steering getting weaker. Today ran it again and it completely stopped turning left all together. Gonna tighten the HR servo saver and try again tomorrow. If this things turns out to be a dud I'm getting a nice one and saying fk these cheap bastards. Seen so many people recommend paying for a nice dependable one and be done with it.

Happy with it?
So far so good. Was going to update my build thread with some more results today. Ran it with the 30/39 gearing again today in grass. Outside temp was 48. Batteries didn’t last very long maybe 10-15 min with my Socokin 6500mah. Waiting for some awesome new battery mounts so I can test my bigger Azure batteries 😉. This motor definitely taxes the batteries more then my HW5687 that’s for sure. Battery temps were around 135 after the run.

Motor temps were around 130-135. I do use two 40mm fans for cooling. Pretty much wheelies on command. I do prefer my DuraTrax belted tires vs the BackFlips 8s. Front tires still balloon pretty good with the backflips. Gonna check the center diff to make sure I packed enough silicone in there.

I don’t have a lot of large scale motor to compare it to but I definitely like it thus far.

AADC67D1-B1B4-4642-85F0-20B68786CA2A.jpeg

A2576B43-C2DE-4489-AB49-D7ABB992DDAC.jpeg

So far so good. Was going to update my build thread with some more results today. Ran it with the 30/39 gearing again today in grass. Outside temp was 48. Batteries didn’t last very long maybe 10-15 min with my Socokin 6500mah. Waiting for some awesome new battery mounts so I can test my bigger Azure batteries 😉. This motor definitely taxes the batteries more then my HW5687 that’s for sure. Battery temps were around 135 after the run.

Motor temps were around 130-135. I do use two 40mm fans for cooling. Pretty much wheelies on command. I do prefer my DuraTrax belted tires vs the BackFlips 8s. Front tires still balloon pretty good with the backflips. Gonna check the center diff to make sure I packed enough silicone in there.

I don’t have a lot of large scale motor to compare it to but I definitely like it thus far.

View attachment 283128

View attachment 283129
Thanks. Sounds like a good motor for that truck. Fits well too.

I have a 5660 1170kv I plan to try in the Outcast. Hope it’s up to the task.

USPS says those battery trays should arrive Tuesday!

View attachment 283128

View attachment 283129
Nice!! glad you're happy with it. Those batteries were toasting though haha. I for sure notice the TP motors can eat up some lipo quick too. Those azure will do a helluva lot better in there. :cool:

Back