*Don't WD-40 the rig when it's parked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Tuff Stuff foaming cleaner on my rigs for clean up. Spray it on until everything is foamed up nicely. After that I use a brush on the suspension arms/shocks, then cordless air duster to blow the foam away and dry it off.

For those in apartments or smaller spaces, a cordless air duster is a nice alternative to a compressor. Not as strong, but so far has been enough to get the job done on cleaning rc's. Heck I use it to "sweep" my back patio, lol.
View attachment 334049
I was just looking on Amazon for these is this specific one your go-to? I see a sh!t ton on there some look worthy and some are ehhhh.

That's a tad pricey.. $14.99

Might as well just use Easy Off oven cleaner with Lemon scent $5.29 @ Target
,same kind of cleaner

Do not use easy off!!! It eats anodizing off in seconds! That is some nasty stuff. Been using it when wanting to remove anodizing for many years. Only takes 30 seconds and poof its ruined!

I've used wd40 on rc's for the 30 years I've been in this hobby and have never witnessed any effect other then shiny new looking plastic..? I've got some rc around that I've had almost this entire time also.

For cleaning them I use dawn...... dawn and a "bottle" brush. I scrub them up, rinse them down with water and then dry them of immediately with compressed air or leaf blower.. dawn works amazingly for nitro cars which is where it all started at 30 years ago and to this day.

Ps. I don't use a power washer... not even the jet stream on the hose nozzle. Just the hose and low pressure water for a rinse. It doesn't usually get in bearings or gearboxs at that really low pressure..
Keep it simple.

This oic is about 1 minutes of easy off on my rc10t chassis when I was stripping it to refinish it.

20230322_180709.jpg

Paint brush + leaf blower then wipe down with diluted simple green & silicone spray around the joints and rust type spots. I'm not going for showroom quality just a quick clean off.
This is the way. I don’t detail my rigs in the slightest. I just get most of the funk off with simple green diluted 1:1, a brush, then air compressor to dry. My rigs look used, not abused and I’m okay with that.

gt-85_400ml.jpg

Blow, brush, wipe - then finish with PTFE. Better than silicone. 👍💪 Also good on CVD's.

I've been doing this with tools and *shouldn't be doing it with RC's. 😬
WD-40 stands for Water Displacement, 40th formula, that's why wd-40 sucks as a bolt penetrant, but it keeps the tools and now the RC cars rust free. If/when you want to use them and it's getting on ya, just wipe it with a rag.

*Don't spray it on all the electronics and don't coat the whole thing. I just mean the suspension parts.. dogbones and screwheads and stuff. (y)

*⚠️General consensus and some education about how corrosive it is to plastics, this appears not to be a good idea.
Never ever I would use something like that on my tools and for sure not on RC. After I have been in wet or snowing conditions I use a compressor and dry it out with air. If a screw starts to rust, I replace it. WD40 is know to brickel plastic and neither with tools nor with RC you want that. Also it adds a layer which you don't want for most of the tools.

Never ever I would use something like that on my tools and for sure not on RC. After I have been in wet or snowing conditions I use a compressor and dry it out with air. If a screw starts to rust, I replace it. WD40 is know to brickel plastic and neither with tools nor with RC you want that. Also it adds a layer which you don't want for most of the tools.
So what would someone use wd-40 for? This is the most polarizing product ever

All my snap on and matco tools LOVE some wd40......

And at the home base I've got craftsman and S K tools handed down from grandpa and dad that are older then I am (37) that have been maintained thier lifespan with wd40...

We all use it to wipe down and clean our tools (im meaning me and every mechanic I've ever known) and I've never heard a single person say a negative thing about this.

Something about folks with $30,000 and more in hand tools? We take care of those investments..

Just sayin🤪🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back