DX3 / DX5 Rugged / DX5 Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay thanks. And on the second question I had, I think I'm already pretty certain of that answer (there is no way to have AVC and steering rate adjustment unless change out the receiver)

Just realizing the DX5 pro won't work with the Granite or any RC cars with the SLR300 receiver. Still giving some thought to the DX5 Pro while it's on sale ($100 off at HH). Would be nice to have fewer transmitters to carry and to have some of the additional features (bummer about the SLR300 receiver though). I realize most people are eager to swap out the spektrum radio stuff, but I don't really mind it. Although I will say that I DO NOT like not having AVC and ability to adjust steering rate at the same time. Not sure if swapping to a different Spektrum receiver would fix that.
If that question pertains to your dx3 then yes you are correct, not possible.. u have to step up a platform with your t/x.. again correct, they only work with dsm2 and dsmr receivers!!

If that question pertains to your dx3 then yes you are correct, not possible.. u have to step up a platform with your t/x.. again correct, they only work with dsm2 and dsmr receivers!!
Sorry if I'm being thick headed. So replacing the DX3 with the DX5 Pro, while keeping the SR6200a receiver that came stock in the RC car, isn't enough to have AVC and steering rate adjustment at the same time, correct?

And does there even exist a Spektrum transmitter and receiver that provide AVC and steering rate adjustment at the same time? (if so, probably crazy expensive)

Sorry if I'm being thick headed. So replacing the DX3 with the DX5 Pro, while keeping the SR6200a receiver that came stock in the RC car, isn't enough to have AVC and steering rate adjustment at the same time, correct?

And does there even exist a Spektrum transmitter and receiver that provide AVC and steering rate adjustment at the same time? (if so, probably crazy expensive)
No, it will lol.. u will have this feature if u upgrade from the dx3!! 🤣

If I understand your question correctly, a DX5 Pro will give you separate controls with your current AVC receiver. With AVC on I can limit my SR if I only want L/R turning to be wide at 100% or limit to a short turn radius.

You will have a separate steering rate adjustment. Then if you turn on AVC, you will have 3 separate controls for: steering rate control, throttle, and priority.

I hope I did not confuse that...if I did fam help me out :)

Example using the first screen that was last used
1660507575652.png

1660507612951.png

Last edited:
No, it will lol.. u will have this feature if u upgrade from the dx3!! 🤣

If I understand your question correctly, a DX5 Pro will give you separate controls with your current AVC reciever. WIth AVC on I can limite my SR if I only want L/R turning to be wide at 100% or limit to short turn radius.

You will have a separate steering rate adjustment. Then if you turn on AVC, you will have 3 separate controls for: steering rat control, throttle, and priority.

Hope I did not confuse that...if I did fam help me out :)

Okay that's great to hear. Really appreciate the info.. May have to pull the trigger on the DX5 Pro. (hmm, no pun intended)

Do u run spektrum lipos as well!?
Not in the cars. I have a couple of spektrum lipos I use in our planes. I originally was planning to get spektrum packs for the cars in order to have the telemetry, but decided it wasn't worth the extra $. (I still feel that way for now)

Will the DX5 Pro in conjunction with the SR315 or SR6200 display the total voltage even for a non-spektrum battery? It seems like technically it could if they wanted, but they probably want to encourage use of their batteries.

Not in the cars. I have a couple of spektrum lipos I use in our planes. I originally was planning to get spektrum packs for the cars in order to have the telemetry, but decided it wasn't worth the extra $. (I still feel that way for now)

Will the DX5 Pro in conjunction with the SR315 or SR6200 display the total voltage even for a non-spektrum battery? It seems like technically it could if they wanted, but they probably want to encourage use of their batteries.
It will not

If I understand your question correctly, a DX5 Pro will give you separate controls with your current AVC receiver. With AVC on I can limit my SR if I only want L/R turning to be wide at 100% or limit to a short turn radius.

You will have a separate steering rate adjustment. Then if you turn on AVC, you will have 3 separate controls for: steering rate control, throttle, and priority.

I hope I did not confuse that...if I did fam help me out :)

View attachment 236188
View attachment 236191
Digging up an old thread but will the DX5C give you the same options as the pro?

Digging up an old thread but will the DX5C give you the same options as the pro?
Fam correct me if I am wrong....

The menu options are the same on the Pro as on the DX5C. Pro adds wheel adjustments, a backlit screen, and other Pro-like enhancements. Program options on the screen are the same.

DX5 are all the same, difference is the shiny plastic and the thumbwheel. DX5C has a wheel, which is annoying, and the others have a touchpad which is really annoying.

@crunchtime "DX5 Pro in conjunction with the SR315 or SR6200" - > no, but they won't do that for Spektrum Smart lipos either.
The secret sauce is the Firma ESC. You need to add that to the equation and magic will happen.

The SR6100AT does have an input for voltage, yes you could rig something up and make that happen. They do sell a wire, but you would have to connect to the ESC input/ESC wires.

The DX5 Pro is also faster with the newer receivers at 5.5ms frame rate. The DX5C is limited to 11ms (except mine, hahaha). I can tell a small difference, but most people are not going to notice.

Hi everybody. I am thinking about upgrading my transmitter from the DX3 to the DX5 Rugged or Pro. Right now I am using it for my 2021 Talion EXB; however, I would imagine I will be getting more models in the future. Possibly an all-road car or a crawler. Probably all-road next. My questions are as follows:

1) Is it worth upgrading to the DX5 Rugged or the DX5 Pro? (Please don't recommend other brands such as Futaba. I know they are great, but I prefer the compatibility of the Spektrum G2 Smart System.)

2) What are the main reasons why I would want to upgrade to the Rugged or the Pro? I am not racing, just bashing, mostly with my son, however, I like having the freedom to have more options. I just don't understand the differences.

3) If you see any huge discounts to purchase them online at a great discount, please post the link. Again, only know stores to be posted, I don't like to buy from no-name companies.

Thank you in advance for helping me to make this decision.
I have the dx5 pro and I love it ,it works great and easy to program and comes with different handle pieces so you can set it up how you want it.

2) What are the main reasons why I would want to upgrade to the Rugged or the Pro? I am not racing, just bashing, mostly with my son, however, I like having the freedom to have more options. I just don't understand the differences.

I have the DX5C, and I got it early before what I know now. Staying on topic with this radio only, I do like the DX5C. I have struggled a few times to buy a DX5 Pro posted here a few times. Nice to have the exterior options that are not available on the DX5C. But I passed since I have it all setup.

Just bashing it is more than enough for me. Receivers cost more, so I stock up on them here for this radio. I do not use any Spektrum batteries anymore, just bad. I do like the ESC temp reading I get to the radio, and I added an external gauge for the motors.

DX5C covers 3 objectives for me:
One radio for all rigs
AVC for all rigs with adjustments to 3-AVC settings
ESC temps

Last edited:
We are growing!! Slowly but surely!!
Yep. I got hooked from the start.
Don't have much experience with the ESC's and motors (though the ones I do have are going strong)
but their TX and RX have never let me down.
Oh and I cant say enough about AVC(y)

^^^^ what he said. Same here why I add AVC to all me bashers...makes me feel like a pro when I am a rookie :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back