DX5 Pro & Castle MMX8S w/6110at receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all,

I am running into a weird issue. I bound the two and it worked. Then as I finished the build, I had to re-bind the 2 together. But this time, I only get steering, and no throttle. Also, there is a slow red blinking light on the esc. It slowly blinks 4 times, then it is a steady red light. I thought that I did something wrong, so I went thru the binding process again, and have the same issue. Anyone know either what I am doing wrong, or is there is a fix?

Any help would be appreciated. Funny thing? I have done this more than a few times with other r/c's, and it works out fine. I'm scratching my head on this one.

Thx.

Hey all,

I am running into a weird issue. I bound the two and it worked. Then as I finished the build, I had to re-bind the 2 together. But this time, I only get steering, and no throttle. Also, there is a slow red blinking light on the esc. It slowly blinks 4 times, then it is a steady red light. I thought that I did something wrong, so I went thru the binding process again, and have the same issue. Anyone know either what I am doing wrong, or is there is a fix?

Any help would be appreciated. Funny thing? I have done this more than a few times with other r/c's, and it works out fine. I'm scratching my head on this one.

Thx.
I’ve had multiple 6110’s that were DOA. You also have to time your programming sequence juuuuuust right.

I’ve had multiple 6110’s that were DOA. You also have to time your programming sequence juuuuuust right.

It doesn't make sense why it worked the first time, before finishing the build, to not working now, after I finished the build.
Have you gotten calibration to work correctly? It can be tricky with Castle ESC and Spektrum receiver.

Yes. It did work correctly. Now, not so much. lol

Did you actually follow the receiver bind instructions, which are rather complex?
Ignore the ESC for now, symptoms sound very much like an incomplete receiver bind.

1. Press and hold the bind button on the receiver.
2. Power on the receiver. The orange LED fl ashes, indicating the receiver is in
bind mode. Release the bind button after the orange LED illuminates.
3. Put your transmitter in bind mode.
4. The bind process is complete when the orange LED on the receiver remains lit. At this
stage the receiver is connected but must complete calibration before it will operate.
5. Pull the transmitter trigger to full throttle, pause, then return the trigger to center.
6. Push the transmitter trigger to full brake, pause, then return the trigger to center.
7. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full right, pause, then return the
wheel to center.
8. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full left, pause, then return the steering wheel
to center. The orange LED fl ashes to confi rm the settings have been accepted.
9. Turn off the vehicle to complete the binding and calibration process.

Did you actually follow the receiver bind instructions, which are rather complex?
Ignore the ESC for now, symptoms sound very much like an incomplete receiver bind.

1. Press and hold the bind button on the receiver.
2. Power on the receiver. The orange LED fl ashes, indicating the receiver is in
bind mode. Release the bind button after the orange LED illuminates.
3. Put your transmitter in bind mode.
4. The bind process is complete when the orange LED on the receiver remains lit. At this
stage the receiver is connected but must complete calibration before it will operate.
5. Pull the transmitter trigger to full throttle, pause, then return the trigger to center.
6. Push the transmitter trigger to full brake, pause, then return the trigger to center.
7. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full right, pause, then return the
wheel to center.
8. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full left, pause, then return the steering wheel
to center. The orange LED fl ashes to confi rm the settings have been accepted.
9. Turn off the vehicle to complete the binding and calibration process.

Yes. I have done it EXACTLY as you have written. Also, I have done this many times before, with the same components.

Understood this isn't your first time, but I have goofed up before as well.
Hope you didn't forget to set AVC to 100% and all dual rates and trims also at 100%?

Next step would be the ESC calibration and not just turning it on, hence I'm a little confused with your description.
It doesn't calibrate? No sounds? What is that error symptom?

Understood this isn't your first time, but I have goofed up before as well.
Hope you didn't forget to set AVC to 100% and all dual rates and trims also at 100%?

Next step would be the ESC calibration and not just turning it on, hence I'm a little confused with your description.
It doesn't calibrate? No sounds? What is that error symptom?

yes I did, and you're probably right. I might have goofed up something, or forgot a step. I'm not infallible. So it is possible.

So, the components are:

dx5 pro
castle mmx8s esc
spektrum 6110at rec

Started the binding process like normal:
Put the tx on bind
pressed button on rx
waited for the amber/orange light to flash
hit bind on the tx
calibrated rec - throttle, neutral, brake, neutral, right, neutral, left, neutral
then power cycle everything
check to see if everything works.

At this point, everything went as it should. I saw no problems. Heard the normal beeps when I was calibrating. Until, everything came back on. I only had steering. The esc flashed RED slowly 4 times. No sounds. Zero.

So, I said screw it and I will figure this out another time. For now, I swapped receiver's with another 6110at. It works fine now. Thx all who chimed in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back