Typhon EDIT: Centre Diff bearing died.. Should i rebuild centre diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Guys,

This movement.. It shouldnt be doin that.. Right?

Did i blow a bearing?

Guys,

This movement.. It shouldnt be doin that.. Right?

Did i blow a bearing?

Yep, i did.. I can see 2 of them sitting right there..

20190614_204809_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like you got it just in time. Spur and pinion seem to be ok.

I only drove it about 20 meters..

Pinion is all good.. Spur shows some really really early scratches on how it could end up bein.. Not a problem though.. Can see them.. But cant feel em..

Motormount took a small hit..

20190614_213432.jpg

Looks like this is goin to be my first real wrenching! Swapping shocks doesn't count towards that..

The stock bearings aren't the best anyway, so get some decent ones they will last longer and run better. Many good brands out there, I'm sure people will all have there picks. I buy the ones from an Austrian supplier for convenience. If your not running in water they will last a while.

The stock bearings aren't the best anyway, so get some decent ones they will last longer and run better. Many good brands out there, I'm sure people will all have there picks. I buy the ones from an Austrian supplier for convenience. If your not running in water they will last a while.

I was planning on puttin in a whole set of FastEddyBearings.. But that kit isnt ordered yet.. So i need to pick up some stock ones for the time bein.. Unless @FastEddy can overnight em to the Netherlands

I was planning on puttin in a whole set of FastEddyBearings.. But that kit isnt ordered yet.. So i need to pick up some stock ones for the time bein.. Unless @FastEddy can overnight em to the Netherlands
That bearing should be a common size just go to a bearing shop and buy one? Even a hobby store might have them?

That bearing should be a common size just go to a bearing shop and buy one? Even a hobby store might have them?

My LHS is like a 10 minute drive.. Ill pick up the stock ones tomorrow.. And order a full car set of FastEddy's to replace everything..
Should i rebuild the whole centre diff while i have it disassembled to replace the 2 bearings?

* It isnt shimmed yet
* Oil is turning a little dark

How much oil do i need to put in?

My LHS is like a 10 minute drive.. Ill pick up the stock ones tomorrow.. And order a full car set of FastEddy's to replace everything..
Should i rebuild the whole centre diff while i have it disassembled to replace the 2 bearings?

* It isnt shimmed yet
* Oil is turning a little dark

How much oil do i need to put in?
It couldn't hurt to go over it, replace anything looking chewed up, shim if needed, change fluid. You'll have to do the fluid anyway, no sense putting the old back in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back