ESC burned up after plugging in the battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moush

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Ok. How do i register a mart esc that fried . Still under warrany. Do i go to arrma ? Spektrum or horizon. ? Has not been a year.

I have yet to own a spektrum product that still works and i just got back in hobby less than a year. Everything has gone bad. Without me doing anything.

Call or email Horizon Hobby. Warranty contact info is on their website. Have your receipt and a picture of the fried ESC. They will usually just send you another one. They usually don't want the ESC or anything back. They cannot be repaired. It is possible to have bad luck. But Spektrum ESCs are known to be a weak point. same with the stock servos. Don't last long. Many just warranty a few during the 2 year warranty, After that, they get a better upgrade servo and either Hobbywing or Castle Creations ESC setups.
Most RTR brand ESC's are not all that. Poor QC to meet a RTR kit's price point.
Sometimes user error gets the best of electrics also.
Or Running in the wet, even infrequently, will fry the ESC. They are not truly WP. Despite what they say. Been there. Maybe you got yours wet before???:unsure: Just takes one time, then corrosion sets in and even much later it fries without notice.
I stopped running in the wet stuff for this reason. My ESC's are old and work fine. Both RTR esc's and many HW esc's. No issues here. Not to say it cant happen. These are hobby grade and made to a certain pricepoint. You pay for what you get generally. Just not always
:cool:

Call or email Horizon Hobby. Warranty contact info is on their website. Have your receipt and a picture of the fried ESC. They will usually just send you another one. They usually don't want the ESC or anything back. They cannot be repaired. It is possible to have bad luck. But Spektrum ESCs are known to be a weak point. same with the stock servos. Don't last long. Many just warranty a few during the 2 year warranty, After that, they get a better upgrade servos and either Hobbywing or Castle Creations ESC setups.
Most RTR ESC's are not all that. Poor QC to meet a RTR kit's price point.
Sometimes user error gets the best of electrics also.
Or Running in the wet, even infrequently, will fry the ESC. They are not truly WP.
I stopped running in the wet stuff for this reason. My ESC's are old and work fine. Both RTR esc's and many HW esc's. No issues here. Not to say it cant happen. These are hobby grade and made to a certain pricepoint. You pay for what you get generally. Just not always
:cool:
There stansmitters suck too. Ok. What esc i install ? It had the 150 amp which is b/s. Because 2050 kv motor pulls over 200 amps.

But ya its not bad luck. They are just rippimg people off and its fact. I cant wait till the class action law suit comes. I might even get it going. I have real high profile lawyer that are family. All they need is to k ow that its scam. I think enough people been getting ripped of and it will be worth it for them. Not just one or two but everyone . Those lawyers you always get what you oay for.

As long as HH keeps honoring their unprecedented 2 year warranty, there isn't much to say bad. Except it is a nuisance to warranty stuff that fails from defect all the time. The warranty is explanatory and they always oblige. Sometimes when they don't even have to. Some people even warranty broken arms and plastic parts that are clearly from user error.
But I agree, QC is horrible will all the ESC's and Servos. RTR radio's always suck no matter the brand of RC also. I never run them. I toss them right away when new. I have several upgrade multi-model radios across all my rigs.

Dude they are fire hazard. They know it so do we. Disclaimers don't mean you put people in danger every time. Its not isolated . Its repeated. And battery is not risponcable when esc shorts . Those esc's expirer. Programmed to burn. Hell mine was igniting itself.
It was clicking with time. Not randem. Like my stove. . Lok.
Im sure im not only one that everything is broken. Either that or they have different lines of product. Atuff that works given to people to review and stuff that is just hazardous.

You're over reacting
Big time. Gotta love our ‘I’ll sue you!’ silly country and ‘it broke for no reason!’ mentality.

People are definitely "sue happy." This guy thinks Spektrum and Horizon Hobby did this on purpose. Absolutely insane!!!

Definitely moushie! Lol !!!
‘It is personal dammit! They knew they were sending Me a bum truck!!’

My Notorious flamed up, complete loss within 6 months. With its first time running a brand new 6s Lipo installed. Ran fine on 4s for 6 months. Burned within 1 min of running it. HH stepped up. HH Paid shipping both ways and replaced 90% of the parts. The Noto was just released and HH had them on B/O. so they had to repair it. Cost them more in the end. Turned it around inside of 2 weeks. 100% covered. Been flawless ever since. Still all stock electrics.
>These rigs are not for the faint of heart.
If you are scared with these rigs, best to stay with Diecast Collectables for the shelf.:whistle:
Doing RC for 35+ years. Always been this way. There is always a risk.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/notorious-6s-blx185-went-ablaze-on-fire.11675/

My Notorious flamed up, complete loss within 6 months. With its first time running a brand new 6s Lipo installed. Ran fine on 4s for 6 months. Burned within 1 min of running it. HH stepped up. HH Paid shipping both ways and replaced 90% of the parts. The Noto was just released and HH had them on B/O. so they had to repair it. Cost them more in the end. Turned it around inside of 2 weeks. 100% covered. Been flawless ever since. Still all stock electrics.
>These rigs are not for the faint of heart.
If you are scared with these rigs, best to stay with Diecast Collectables for the shelf.:whistle:
Doing RC for 35+ years. Always been this way. There is always a risk.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/notorious-6s-blx185-went-ablaze-on-fire.11675/
There are risks in many hobbies, far worse ones at that. My old loves, mountain biking and rock climbing, were far more dangerous and resulted in many bad injuries. So far with rc I’ve hit my ankle once and my step daughter twice (gotta keep her on her toes). Hell…life’s dangerous. It’s risky going out doors and can be just as bad staying in 🤣

You can fracture your hip getting out of bed in the morning.:LOL:

And twice i had two different kratons go crazy full throttle after piwer on. So now i akeays jeep motor disconnected. Two different esc and radio. Not sire is it was same reciver but i have them put to the side to prevent it from happening again. First time it was in the house breaking all kinda stuff and when i try to grab it tires burn the poop out of my hand and rist. Second one was out SOB was trying to go up my legs. There possesed im not kidding its not the fail safe or anything. Some sort of devilry. Blew two tires each time .

And i sound not talk poop about them. ?

And twice i had two different kratons go crazy full throttle after piwer on. So now i akeays jeep motor disconnected. Two different esc and radio. Not sire is it was same reciver but i have them put to the side to prevent it from happening again. First time it was in the house breaking all kinda stuff and when i try to grab it tires burn the poop out of my hand and rist. Second one was out SOB was trying to go up my legs. There possesed im not kidding its not the fail safe or anything. Some sort of devilry. Blew two tires each time .

Are these your first RC cars? You do turn the remote on first, right? Do the remotes have good batteries in them? Have you set the endpoints? This is not normal. To have two different cars do the same thing means there’s something wrong with your initial set up most likely (user error). Reset everything and start over perhaps. I’m sure others will chime in. Good luck.

Are these your first RC cars? You do turn the remote on first, right? Do the remotes have good batteries in them? Have you set the endpoints? This is not normal. To have two different cars do the same thing means there’s something wrong with your initial set up most likely (user error). Reset everything and start over perhaps. I’m sure others will chime in. Good luck.
I agree with you 100%. USER ERROR!!! I have been into RCs for about 20 years between my trucks and helicopters and I have never had this happen. Not even once. Not in the slightest bit.

My guess as well, user error.
The way to think about it. You are in control of the RC, the way you do that is by using your transmitter. Turn it ON first, and turn it OFF last, else you are not in control. Your throttle trim ALWAYS has to be at zero.

I agree with you 100%. USER ERROR!!! I have been into RCs for about 20 years between my trucks and helicopters and I have never had this happen. Not even once. Not in the slightest bit.
Actually I’ve had it happen a lot. With my kids 3 toy grade cars (Bezgar) That she lets her friends drive at the park 😂. Darn kids always mess with the throttle trim and I when Turn it on later it’ll go off in my hands. But we’re talking about 1/18 & 1/20 toy grade scale here. I do need to start checking dials before turning on though…

Actually I’ve had it happen a lot. With my kids 3 toy grade cars (Bezgar) That she lets her friends drive at the park 😂. Darn kids always mess with the throttle trim and I when Turn it on later it’ll go off in my hands. But we’re talking about 1/18 & 1/20 toy grade scale here. I do need to start checking dials before turning on though…
Exactly! User error......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back