Τime to change the battery? after a hit appears..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that pricey oversized lipo was simply a bad call from the start. Especially shoe horning it in to make it somehow work. And it didn't work out.
Live and learn. Move on.
It's just part of the hobby.
I myself would NOT chance using that Hard case lipo anymore. A Lipo fire has "totaled out" one of my rigs already.
Start over, buy another Lipo tray and only buy lipos that fit its dimensions. The dimensions are listed in the manual. 6-7k mah lipos are just fine for 15 minute give or take run times. This is normal. These RC's always run best when they are lighter. They also run cooler due to less weight.
I take your advice, I also agree that mistakes are for learning... "shoe horning" you mean the patent I made of the battery case right ?

The truth is that I hadn't measured the dimensions well when I first ordered the battery, kraton dimensions 180 x 55 x 70mm, battery dimensions 178 x 52 x 53mm, unfortunately I realized this when the battery had arrived in my hands and it was late then, despite this the only thing I could do is the next patent (which I also saw from someone else on youtube) to break or cut the battery case, it seems that there is something like a pillar there that damaged my battery, as far as the choice of battery is concerned asking me, gensacearespammers produce this "bashing" series of 100c at 11k mAh and 8k mAh, therefore the Discharge Rate and the many mAh and because I wanted to do bashing, I had read that they were fitted with a "hard" casing and were available for this reason well, that's how I ended up with it (even though I missed these dimensions :/ )
Well, I don't understand why 7k is all I need, with 11k I have more fun time...
Μy next step is to order the exb's replacement battery case (items in my cart) and find a battery in those dimensions.

The springs are cranked right down on the shocks exaclty because the battery was very heavy... and whenever it falls from a ramp of a height of about one meter, the chassis was hit the floor hard.. that's why I "tighten" them so much, also, i'm on my period when I have to service my shocks... the particular battery, when I bought it, I remember reading that it was intended for bashing purposes (that was one of the reasons I bought it) and that they are coated quite well, from what I can see now that it's done like this, it has an iron casing on the inside and from the outside, a hard plastic which mine is broken...
I see.. rookie mistake. It happens. You can use a battery of such size I believe, you have to adjust and modify accordingly, as you've already found out. More Mah battery does provide more "fun time" but at a penalty of weight, which effects handling, jumping ability, and so on. The forces exerted on components such as batteries are great indeed in these models with the speeds they're capable of.. What I found in researching the battery you have is that it's actually intended to be used in pairs with the Kraton 8s models..when someone mentions say a 6000Mah battery, that's a compromise between fun time, handling and cost. A lower Mah battery will be smaller and lighter, but provide a more nimble performance..and less fun time..😉

I see.. rookie mistake. It happens. You can use a battery of such size I believe, you have to adjust and modify accordingly, as you've already found out. More Mah battery does provide more "fun time" but at a penalty of weight, which effects handling, jumping ability, and so on. The forces exerted on components such as batteries are great indeed in these models with the speeds they're capable of.. What I found in researching the battery you have is that it's actually intended to be used in pairs with the Kraton 8s models..when someone mentions say a 6000Mah battery, that's a compromise between fun time, handling and cost. A lower Mah battery will be smaller and lighter, but provide a more nimble performance..and less fun time..😉
I will 100% agree its a rookie mistake, which creates some effects, the result, as I mentioned, I already have in my basket the new replacement for the exb of the battery case and from tomorrow I will go to the market for a new battery which has the right dimensions and will be less mAh!

EXB and Standard Lipo Trays are identical. They are not specifically an EXB item. Better to invest in 2 smaller capacity Lipo packs. Just swap out packs as you bash.

Like stated above, That 11K mah pack is more for the 8s 1/5 line, 30+ pound Arrma models. Not for the 6s platforms.
Just look for lipos with the correct dimensions. I believe the most critical dimension is that it be no wider than 48MM.

Last edited:
Battery looks fine, deformation after jumps are expected and doesn't look abnormal. Cover with tape to prevent dirt from getting in and bash on.
Mine look worse.
If the inner silver liner is damaged dispose immediately, the outside is just there to hold the branding sticker.

That lipo pack is junk. And unsafe.
Put it outside your home and recycle it.
What possessed you to use that wrong oversized capacity heavy lipo in there? 1100mah ?? 7k mah is all you need, if that. And one that fits the stocker lipo tray.
Getting greedy with run time using a very large capacity lipo works against you every time. Better off with 2 smaller capacity correct fitting lipos, than having one big one. Best to change out the packs than having that one to give you longer runs.
You modded the Lipo tray to "make" it fit. The second mistake. This weakened the lipo retention, along with that very heavy lipo pack.
At least it appears that way to me. Correct me if I am wrong.
You could always use foam padding on the bottom and front of the lipo tray for better insurance. Especially if you send it all the time.
i was thinking that same thing lolz. runtime of the car is probably better than the transmitter. voltage is where it's at not amps. ⚡👌😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back