Kraton EXB w/ castle mmx8s/1717 b-link settings (what are you guys running setting wise)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Kraton EXB with a Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8S and 1717 motor

Anyone running a B-Link with their setup.

What are you guys using as your settings?

I’ve tuned mine a little bit but I’m curious to see what settings others are using. These settings are with me having the controllers throttle control turned down to like 30-40% and using Arrma backflip tires from the outcast. Grip monster with these tires compared to the dboots.

13C43B50-858F-4EB9-BA5C-90F4EC0DF5E1.png

1C40E84F-8761-42BB-A55A-EB72B0E56991.png

1724E828-0C52-43C2-951E-E3487108034A.png

I set my start power to high and punch control to zero. Motor temperature to 180F. BEC to 7.5 and set braking to 100% and then set my transmitter to 75% brake so I can change the setting whenever because I don’t have a b-link.

I’m planning to bump my voltage up just haven’t done it yet. But I tried 100% punch, max power, high start power, and full controller speed. And that was just crazy lol but I had to try it. Most likely how I snapped my front bumper and skid plate off. Basically doing standing double backflips lmao

I’m going to continue trying new settings and slightly changing stuff to see if I see an improvement over power management etc.

For now I have it working and It’s manageable. But I’m going to fine tune this thing even if it takes a few weeks. I’m still adjusting to the instant reverse to forward... going to take a while to get used to it haha.

I forgot to say that I have everything set to max because I can fine tune everything with my transmitter. I think I have my throttle expo settings to 30% so that’s equivalent of the same punch settings as yours.

I set my start power to high and punch control to zero. Motor temperature to 180F. BEC to 7.5 and set braking to 100% and then set my transmitter to 75% brake so I can change the setting whenever because I don’t have a b-link.
Mine is pretty much the same except I have my brakes and reverse at 50%. I don’t need 100% reverse.

Kraton EXB with a Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8S and 1717 motor

Anyone running a B-Link with their setup.

What are you guys using as your settings?

I’ve tuned mine a little bit but I’m curious to see what settings others are using. These settings are with me having the controllers throttle control turned down to like 30-40% and using Arrma backflip tires from the outcast. Grip monster with these tires compared to the dboots.

View attachment 95187
View attachment 95188
View attachment 95189
I have my BEC set to 7.4v. I raised the auto lipo cutoff and I suggest you do too. 3.2 is too low. I think I have mine at 3.6v. I don't run any punch control. I run the sensored motor and have the temp cutoff at 180.

I have mine but have yet to set it up, will give it a go this weekend..
Until they allow you to download the data logs with the B-link, I think it pretty worthless. But I already have the field card and the quick connect cable.

Until they allow you to download the data logs with the B-link, I think it pretty worthless.
I did read somewhere that the B-link doesn't work with the quick connect cable, I think that's a bit stupid.
I'll do the main setup and data logs on the PC but I'll use the B-link when I'm out and about if I need to make changes on the fly, which will probably be never ???
If they eventually do the data logs on tablet or phone through the B-link that would be cool..??
The nerd in me loves the fact that I can adjust my RC car with my phone though ?

I did read somewhere that the B-link doesn't work with the quick connect cable, I think that's a bit stupid.
I'll do the main setup and data logs on the PC but I'll use the B-link when I'm out and about if I need to make changes on the fly, which will probably be never ???
If they eventually do the data logs on tablet or phone through the B-link that would be cool..??
The nerd in me loves the fact that I can adjust my RC car with my phone though ?
Same, but once I've got the ESC setting set, I'm good ???

Just put the B-Link inside the radio box with the tail whet the ESC plugs in hanging outside the box. That way you can quickly unplug the ESC and use the usb castle link.

Just put the B-Link inside the radio box with the tail whet the ESC plugs in hanging outside the box. That way you can quickly unplug the ESC and use the usb castle link.
That's all good, but come on it's all their own design it should all be compatible with one another without having to unplug stuff ?

That's all good, but come on it's all their own design it should all be compatible with one another without having to unplug stuff ?
Hey Brian. I dunno if you are still having issues with this but I found out tonight that it matters in which order it is plugged in. It’s ESC>y harness > b link > receiver. Hopefully that helps if you were still needing such. ????

So what do I gain setting start power to high and punch to zero vs. start power to low and a higher punch? I have mine at default now which is low and zero, but reading this I'm going to go back in tonight to change LV cutoff, so I might as well adjust others if needed at same time.

Im still playing around with my setup--very nice to be able to change stuff on the fly with your phone!! What is the CHEAT mode, it does not say what exactly that is/does?

For anyone with kids the B-Link is invaluable. Mine gets used every time I hear ‘Daddy is it my turn yet’? Also curious what CHEAT mode is?

What is the CHEAT mode, it does not say what exactly that is/does?
My understanding of CHEAT mode is it allows you to ramp in timing advance based on RPM. Have not looked into it in a while, but it used to not be able to be configured on all their ESCs. I think the goal was to maintain low end torque with no timing, but then add in timing smoothly so you had more top end. But again, there were only a couple ESCs you could set it up on, but maybe that has changed🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back