Felony Hard Compound Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoJT

Reaction score
Felony is my favorite RC. I parking lot bash it. The only thing holding me back from driving it more is that I go through a set of Silver Hoons every time I run it. Costs ~ $75 a set. Are there any other tires I can get that will last longer?

Thanks!

Felony is my favorite RC. I parking lot bash it. The only thing holding me back from driving it more is that I go through a set of Silver Hoons every time I run it. Costs ~ $75 a set. Are there any other tires I can get that will last longer?

Thanks!
Which tires wear out fastest The Larger rears or the smaller fronts???
Hooning around will always burn them up. Silver compound or any of them.
Is what it is.
If JennysRC is an option for you , just get the White compounds there. When in stock, buy a few sets .

https://jennysrc.com/collections/fe...lted-5-spoke-ara7617v2?variant=32716036112438

The main problem there is that you need to have 107mm tall tires in the rear and 100mm tall tires in the front, due to the Fel rear drive ratio being odd man out.:rolleyes: You could always change to the Infraction diff setup and run the same size wheels all around. This leaves you open to many more choices of less expensive tires.
You don't have many choices there. GRPs are usually better. But for just drifting around, Hooning and all. You want the cheapest tire going. No matter the compound, they all wear out fast this way.
With regular speed running I truly get much use out of my White Hoons actually. My Lim and Infr.
I balance and rotate them,while keeping my alignment correct.

Last edited:
The PowerHobby Grippers are a good cheap option but as mentioned before you’d have to swap that rear diff out. PowerHobby actually makes the rears wider but the diameter is still the same front to rear. They’re a good tire and grip well once they get heated up. Probably last you more than one run too. I’ve seen people use regular buggy tires too as a cheap burnout option…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back