Fireteam Fireteam max6 4985 combo or max5 56113 combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest pro was temps tbh. For example, I could run my talion xl all day geared for 80 mph and it would never overheat. Same for the fireteam, when I put in 4985 size motor in the ft I had to gear down to iirc a 20t to stop from overheating. I know most people would be more than happy with even a 16t pinion but I like to live life on the edge apparently. :ROFLMAO:

I got the great idea of putting a tp 4080cm into my talion XL instead of the big block. It almost feels like cheating as it's actually rated as even stronger than the big block and it's lighter being 40x113mm. Too bad it won't fit in the ft with the handbrake or I'd take out the castle 1717 and put a tp4080 in there too :ROFLMAO:
Toss that stupid Hand Brake already.:ROFLMAO: No one needs or wants that Novelty fluff.
Letting the crap for a HB hold you back?
That TP Motor takes priority any day.:LOL:

@soheilmd , Seems you are good with your throttle finger there.(y)
I sometimes lower my ESC Punch setting and this can offset some of the hard load to the drivetrain. If I am breaking the drivetrain too often.

Here is a FT that I build from the ground up. Every upgrade you can imagine is on it. I'm running it on an MMX8s and a Cordova Motor. The motor is a 36 x 114 and 2,000 KV. As you can see from the picture, I added fans to the motor but ended up removing them because the motor doesn't get super hot.

Like other @Moirae, I live in a hot area (inland San Diego) and the stock motor overheats so quickly—especially with all of the extra weight from the upgrades, and the fact that my local bash spot is loose sand, which requires a lot more power.

I ran the Castle 1717 for a bit, but even that had overheating issues. For these 1/7th scales, running in sand + hot environment + aluminum parts = one hot motor). The Cordova motor solved that problem for me. Although the motor and ESC combo is capable of 8s, I only run it on 6s, as that's already an insane amount of power.

This rig has definitely added some batteries to my battery graveyard, but, before I knew any better, I bought Max Amps batteries. They are the most expensive, and the first that failed me out of all of the brands that I bought. One cell would randomly go dead. The batteries also get insanely hot and puffed up. SMC's batteries have held up much better.

I thought that price = value when buying batteries, but I've found out that's not the case. If only I found that out sooner! Check out JetMan Joe if you want to know more about that.

If you're going to run an insane power setup, make sure you have good batteries. Durability has not been a major issue, as I tore down the truck and rebuilt it from the ground up.

Some would say that I just need to go down a pinion to keep the rig cooler with a smaller motor, but I love the insane power on these ground-up custom builds that I've done. Also, I run this on the 6s belted backflips, not the stock FT tires.

I did see that someone in the forum took some weight off the FT body by using all titanium screws. I might try that when I get a chance!

That's my 2 cents. Bring on the critics!

1678146675947.png

Thank you all for your advise, its gonna be the 1650kv max6 combo.
@Moirae how where the temps with 20 pinion? I know Rich Duperbash runs it with 22 pinions.
I recently installed the Max6 combo in my FT. I started with a 20t, but it got a little too hot down here in Texas. I settled on a 18t with some 3/8 holes drilled in the side of the body where the motor and ESC are. That made the temps perfectly acceptable. It's still pretty fast and it wheelies, overall I'm quite happy with it. I let my buddy drive it, his FT is still stock, he was impressed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back