Fireteam Fireteam max6 4985 combo or max5 56113 combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest pro was temps tbh. For example, I could run my talion xl all day geared for 80 mph and it would never overheat. Same for the fireteam, when I put in 4985 size motor in the ft I had to gear down to iirc a 20t to stop from overheating. I know most people would be more than happy with even a 16t pinion but I like to live life on the edge apparently. :ROFLMAO:

I got the great idea of putting a tp 4080cm into my talion XL instead of the big block. It almost feels like cheating as it's actually rated as even stronger than the big block and it's lighter being 40x113mm. Too bad it won't fit in the ft with the handbrake or I'd take out the castle 1717 and put a tp4080 in there too :ROFLMAO:
What tires do you run on that Talion?

What tires do you run on that Talion?
backflip MT! lp's don't stand a chance. I also sometimes use the methodRC MT & SC belted tires but 95% of the time it's the backflip mt's.

backflip MT! lp's don't stand a chance. I also sometimes use the methodRC MT & SC belted tires but 95% of the time it's the backflip mt's.
6S backflips are great tires.

I hadn’t thought about the Method SC tires. Sounds like a decent lightweight, belted option. They aren’t too short?

I've only got 4092 and Max6 in mine and it wheelies at any speed..!!
Build it, gear it correctly and you don't need coke can motors or stupid power..!! (mine is an EXB😎)
+1
100%.

I hadn’t thought about the Method SC tires. Sounds like a decent lightweight, belted option. They aren’t too short?
Earl Morrhead had tried doing Speed PB runs on grass/dirt, his Mojave with a Method RC Belted SC replacement set. They did balloon anyway, hard to drive at all when you reach 60+. They are still soft tires.:rolleyes: The sidewalls stretched out of shape quickly. And stayed that way. They were a fail for him. The Fortresses were actually better in His video.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advise, its gonna be the 1650kv max6 combo.
@Moirae how where the temps with 20 pinion? I know Rich Duperbash runs it with 22 pinions.
I think with a 20t and fans you will be good even if you are hard on the throttle. Maybe, unless you're in arizona somewhere on a summer day. :ROFLMAO:

I think with a 20t and fans you will be good even if you are hard on the throttle. Maybe, unless you're in arizona somewhere on a summer day. :ROFLMAO:
Wel, im in Netherlands, so hot summer days wont be a big problem ;)
So 22 is overkill?

I've had no problems going over 60 mph with my methodrc tires and the SC ones are a little small on a Talion XXL with extensions like mine but I like the look. I use the SC tires a lot on different rigs. They're on my arrma asuga right now haha.

I will say they don't have the best grip in the grass and src is right they do balloon just a little. Nothing like a regular tire though. I mostly use them on the street and sometimes the bmx spot. They last a long time too, even on the street. My pair is old af now and kinda bald but still rip hard on the street haha.

I hit 73 mph on gps at the clipped time and you can't even see the tires expanding at all

The ballooning is so minimal you can barely even tell and I bet you can't spot it in any of those videos. I actually like the tires a lot and have bought a second pair of the sc version. earl didn't like them for off road speed running but I bet I could definitely do a 100 on road with them no problem.
So 22 is overkill?
I'd be happier with 22t if it was me but it really depends on how you drive. (y)

Last edited:
Neither!!!! 🤢

Hobbystar 4585 1580kv and mmx8s esc.
Better power, less weight, more tuning ability, smaller ESC footprint yet similar ability to support max 5 amps and that motor runs cooling!

Sucks people default to hobbywing when there are better options available....

Sucks people default to hobbywing when there are better options available....
Not everyone is willing to pay a premium price for the best product.

I’d say Castle and Hobbywing provide similar value for the price. Castle is better but costs more.

From what i read here on the forum, the castle ESC go sometimes up to flames. I don't know if its user error or the product. And on all my other cars i have Hobbywing and am pretty happy with them. Thats why I automatically was thinking about Hobbywing combo

From what i read here on the forum, the castle ESC go sometimes up to flames. I don't know if its user error or the product. And on all my other cars i have Hobbywing and am pretty happy with them. Thats why I automatically was thinking about Hobbywing combo
whenever you read/see anything like that it's in reference to the xlx2 and not any other castle esc. The mmx8s is amazing.

Thank you all for your advise, its gonna be the 1650kv max6 combo.
@Moirae how where the temps with 20 pinion? I know Rich Duperbash runs it with 22 pinions.
I don't know how Rich D. does it. :unsure: He does like tall gearing, for speed and momentum. All his rigs. Speed Run Pinions right out the gate and even taller.
I noticed most of his rigs never even have Fans on the motors. And with the BIG Air he gets, Fans wouldn't last but 3 seconds anyway..:giggle:
haha man I had stock diffs in the FT too. I think arrma 6s rigs have really well built drivetrains tbh. The extra weight just doesn't do well for durability though. Everytime I took my FT to bash at the park I broke something :eek:
I can only recommend that anyone with a 6s platform definitely buy the Arrma Metal Option diff for the Center Only, I think it is way better than all the upgrade brands. Great that Arrma included one as stock with the FT. The Center diff gets Super HOT. During bashing, The center diff gets to 245F+ every time. These temps melt plastic quickly.
Don't believe me?:giggle:
Use your Temp gun and you will be surprised. And that is with 500k cst and higher!
Most never check their center diff. So hot that it transfers that Heat through the Motor Mount and then right to the Motor. I've melted plastic Stocker center diff's a few times. It literally melted like a stick of hot glue in a Hot Glue gun. A mess. Even melted the plastic center Front diff support. Best to run alloy there as well.
Front and Rear diffs won't get nearly as hot. I run stocker plastic there. Just fine.
I don't want the extra rotating weight of a metal Diff at the front and rear. Just loads up the drive train needlessly. They stay cool enough.
Track guys will never use Metal Diffs at the Front and Rear for this reason.

Last edited:
I can only recommend that anyone with a 6s platform definitely buy the Arrma Metal Option diff for the Center Only, I think it is way better than all the upgrade brands. Great that Arrma included one as stock with the FT. The Center diff gets Super HOT. During bashing, The center diff gets to 245F+ every time. These temps melt plastic quickly.
Don't believe me?:giggle:
Use your Temp gun and you will be surprised. And that is with 500k cst and higher!
Most never check their center diff. So hot that it transfers that Heat through the Motor Mount and then right to the Motor. I've melted plastic Stocker center diff's a few times. It literally melted like a stick of hot glue in a Hot Glue gun. A mess. Even melted the plastic center Front diff support. Best to run alloy there as well.
Front and Rear diffs won't get nearly as hot. I run stocker plastic there. Just fine.
I don't want the extra rotating weight of a metal Diff at the front and rear. Just loads up the drive train needlessly. They stay cool enough.
Track guys will never use Metal Diffs at the Front and Rear for this reason.
What about if you just used a 50T spool and did away with the center diff all together.???

A spool could work with a large Spur gear. Just the FR and Rr diffs may become a weak point.....IDK.
FT is rather heavy and a Center diff takes up much the slack in weight, absorbing much of that Drivetrain load.
Just my guess. :cool:

So 22 is overkill?
Buy a whole set of pinions and trial and error will dictate. Sometimes you need to try for yourself what works best for you.
And no 2 rigs are the same.
I am running it in my kraton 8S EXB without any problems. Its a beast.
How is your rear diff holding up?:giggle:

How is your rear diff holding up?:giggle:

Rear diff? Its FWD :p
Just kidding. Its so far doing oke.

I think whats mostly killing the diffs is the full throtle, full on the brakes and again full on the throtle behavior that's really heavy on the diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back