Kraton First build ever complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only time I ran 6s was when I bought the Max6 esc and had it paired with the BLX2050. It lasted exactly one half of a test speed run when a drunken Kraton appeared outta nowhere and hit me head on. One half run. Maybe 6 seconds View attachment 292636
Then I decided I needed power to prevent this kind of thing. So 8s it's is. First went TP4050 1900kv. Someone pointed out the HW4985 1650kv had far more torque. So i bought that. I knew it would run hot and knew the Scorched fenders would restrict airflow. So 2 fans went on the body, 1 under front scoop drawing in and under rear vent directly above motor expelling hot air. 2 on motor and 1 more on esc. View attachment 292637Then I learned there's something called a "brownout"......View attachment 292639 View attachment 292638And that's why I like Max6 1650kv. The above accident caused esc, battery, and motor wires to melt.i thought it was a write off. LHS re-wired it all for free for me. And about 6-7 months later that system pushed the platform(with a GT body) to 129mph.
Wow, I can’t believe your electronics survived that! That’s pretty amazing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back