Kraton First build ever complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmahelpmeplease

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Hey AF!

Finished my First build ever. Might not look like alot but im proud of it.

A kraton 6s with a Hobbywing Max 6 combo.

Hope the car turns on :/

Cheers

1681335959777.jpg

1681336011446.jpg

You gotta move north so you don't need 'em! It's why I can never leave, I'm too cheap to buy fans.
You gotta move north so you don't need 'em! It's why I can never leave, I'm too cheap to buy fans.
I left the north 23 years ago! No cold for me! I have fans in everything!!

I left the north 23 years ago! No cold for me! I have fans in everything!!
Even up here we need fans. Hell, I ran my Max6/1650 on 8s geared 34/40 in my 1/8 Senton and needed 5 fans just to keep it out of thermal shutdown"

Nice build! You will like the Max6/1650. Fast as hell, torque for days, and 8s capable! That combo can literally speed through hell and come back with a smile!
Until it doesn’t!
Even up here we need fans. Hell, I ran my Max6/1650 on 8s geared 34/40 in my 1/8 Senton and needed 5 fans just to keep it out of thermal shutdown"
You’re braver than me, man. I’ll keep my Max 6 combos at 6s with the 1650. Still crazy fast. I do have a couple lower KV TP 40**’s that I might play with on 8s with a Max 6, but I haven’t tried it. And 5 fans? Holy smoke!

Until it doesn’t!

You’re braver than me, man. I’ll keep my Max 6 combos at 6s with the 1650. Still crazy fast. I do have a couple lower KV TP 40**’s that I might play with on 8s with a Max 6, but I haven’t tried it. And 5 fans? Holy smoke!
I would propably also use 6s. don't want to ruin the diffs

Looks great! I run that same combo in my EXB Kraton and v3 Talion. One question; maybe its just a bad picture, but it sure looks like there is exposed wiring on the red lead where it meets the orange wire going to the battery connector?

Looks great! I run that same combo in my EXB Kraton and v3 Talion. One question; maybe its just a bad picture, but it sure looks like there is exposed wiring on the red lead where it meets the orange wire going to the battery connector?
Just some metal dust 😂

Until it doesn’t!

The only time I ran 6s was when I bought the Max6 esc and had it paired with the BLX2050. It lasted exactly one half of a test speed run when a drunken Kraton appeared outta nowhere and hit me head on. One half run. Maybe 6 seconds
FB_IMG_1678424720673.jpg

Then I decided I needed power to prevent this kind of thing. So 8s it's is. First went TP4050 1900kv. Someone pointed out the HW4985 1650kv had far more torque. So i bought that. I knew it would run hot and knew the Scorched fenders would restrict airflow. So 2 fans went on the body, 1 under front scoop drawing in and under rear vent directly above motor expelling hot air. 2 on motor and 1 more on esc.
FB_IMG_1676360768246.jpg
Then I learned there's something called a "brownout"......
FB_IMG_1676360830184.jpg
FB_IMG_1676360842829.jpg
And that's why I like Max6 1650kv. The above accident caused esc, battery, and motor wires to melt.i thought it was a write off. LHS re-wired it all for free for me. And about 6-7 months later that system pushed the platform(with a GT body) to 129mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back