Found some tracks on my track this morning..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
So I was out walking my dog this morning, took a lap around my rc track. Found some interesting footprints.. I'm pretty sure they're from a Fisher as I did see one on the track last year. Was pretty big, enough to make me concerned about leaving my dog outside while not at home. I hear tell fishers are quite scrappy. Not interested in finding out myself though..😳

20230725_063246.jpg

20230725_063252.jpg

20230725_063259.jpg

Could be a coon track too.
Doesn’t look like it because of the way they’re tracking, but it could be I guess.
Can you tell me what a Fisher is being from the UK we don't have them.

just googled it .looks small&nasty
They’re kin to a weasel. Think of a pissed off ferret on crystal meth that’s five times larger and whose mommy didn’t love him. They’re no joke, and not any fun whatsoever at a weekend barbecue.
Usually referred to as Fisher Cats, not just Fishers.

Doesn’t look like it because of the way they’re tracking, but it could be I guess.

They’re kin to a weasel. Think of a pissed off ferret on crystal meth that’s five times larger and whose mommy didn’t love him. They’re no joke, and not any fun whatsoever at a weekend barbecue.
Usually referred to as Fisher Cats, not just Fishers.

Wow man my cousin showed me a picture right as I read what you wrote and that describes them perfectly. I was rolling 🤣 💀 😂

I'm thinking Honey Badger 🤣
View attachment 313512
Same family, smaller version(Fisher). They may very well be raccoon tracks, I really don't know. I did however see a Fisher last summer in that same area. Must have been an adult male based on what I've read. I was just standing alongside the rc track contemplating track modifications, was full daylight, not sure what time it was. He came up the hill out of the woods, I don't believe he actually saw me. He was in no hurry, paused on the track with his nose up sniffing back and forth. Then crossed the track out onto the driveway and stopped, then came trotting back acrossed the track and disappeared into the woods again. I have a Bassett/Beagle mix that's around 40lb, she takes after her dad (me), AKA "thick" LOL. This thing was almost the size of her without the "extra".. we're in a rural area, hilltowns outside Albany.

Same family, smaller version(Fisher). They may very well be raccoon tracks, I really don't know. I did however see a Fisher last summer in that same area. Must have been an adult male based on what I've read. I was just standing alongside the rc track contemplating track modifications, was full daylight, not sure what time it was. He came up the hill out of the woods, I don't believe he actually saw me. He was in no hurry, paused on the track with his nose up sniffing back and forth. Then crossed the track out onto the driveway and stopped, then came trotting back acrossed the track and disappeared into the woods again. I have a Bassett/Beagle mix that's around 40lb, she takes after her dad (me), AKA "thick" LOL. This thing was almost the size of her without the "extra".. we're in a rural area, hilltowns outside Albany.
That’s really cool. I’ve been here in southern Vermont for over 30 years and I’ve only ever seen one three times, and we have a pretty respectable population of them here. Every time was in bright daylight, too. They are pretty elusive creatures.

That’s really cool. I’ve been here in southern Vermont for over 30 years and I’ve only ever seen one three times, and we have a pretty respectable population of them here. Every time was in bright daylight, too. They are pretty elusive creatures.
They do generally avoid people..must be smart.
My brother and sister in law's had a place with 50 acres just up the road from us. They had several fisher sightings while walking their property. Along with black bears getting in their garbage. My brother in law was so paranoid of the Fishers he wouldn't go in the woods without a gun. 😂😂 yeah, we moved there from the 'burbs so, some adapt better than others😎 They sold and moved on, wife and I will never leave. We love hanging out on our deck naked by the pool!! We call it "chunky dunking"😳😂😂🍻

They do generally avoid people..must be smart.
My brother and sister in law's had a place with 50 acres just up the road from us. They had several fisher sightings while walking their property. Along with black bears getting in their garbage. My brother in law was so paranoid of the Fishers he wouldn't go in the woods without a gun. 😂😂 yeah, we moved there from the 'burbs so, some adapt better than others😎 They sold and moved on, wife and I will never leave. We love hanging out on our deck naked by the pool!! We call it "chunky dunking"😳😂😂🍻
Yes indeed, I’m very glad we don’t have a Fisher problem like we have a bear problem.
BTW, have you ever heard a fisher cat? Holy crap, man. It’s this unearthly shriek from hell that will curdle your blood and make your hair stand up. I heard one before I ever saw one, and my wife’s Aunt Lucyann was there with us and said “yup, that’s a fisher cat. Don’t mess with them!”
I shall not mess with them.

Yes indeed, I’m very glad we don’t have a Fisher problem like we have a bear problem.
BTW, have you ever heard a fisher cat? Holy crap, man. It’s this unearthly shriek from hell that will curdle your blood and make your hair stand up. I heard one before I ever saw one, and my wife’s Aunt Lucyann was there with us and said “yup, that’s a fisher cat. Don’t mess with them!”
I shall not mess with them.
I've watched a few YT vids of them, sound evil!! Fox too..we had what I think was a fox a couple years back shrieking up a storm in the woods after dark. Sounded like a devil baby out there, close too, really eerie.. they say there's no mountain lions in my region too, many claim to have seen them though. I don't doubt they're here. That scares me more than anything else, mountain lions.

Whoever filmed that has some brass balls?!😳
Brass balls or a gun just in case. I'd of been running the other way for sure. Glad we don't have critters like that around here!
We have coyotes everywhere and thats about it. They never show themselves in the neighborhood but the woods that surround us is full of them. Sounds are crazy at night. Them howling and fighting. Wouldnt want a dog loose at night.

I've watched a few YT vids of them, sound evil!! Fox too..we had what I think was a fox a couple years back shrieking up a storm in the woods after dark. Sounded like a devil baby out there, close too, really eerie.. they say there's no mountain lions in my region too, many claim to have seen them though. I don't doubt they're here. That scares me more than anything else, mountain lions.
We hear the same thing here in VT. Our mountain lions, catamounts, have declined in population pretty drastically in past decades but there are still sightings. I definitely don’t want to mix it up with a mountain lion, coyote, fisher, weasel, honey badger, or my wife if she’s in a particularly bad mood. Live and let live, man.
I imagine it’s a pretty eerie feeling seeing one very close in real life, any of them. Fishers, badgers, wolverines, they don't give a f***!

That’s freaking insane, man. Who the hell took that cell phone vid and didn’t budge? Wow. Braver than me. Especially considering that badger just took down a fully grown goat, ate what he wanted, and took the head to cook down later for goat stock. Probably going to be seasoned with missing pets, chickens, and that city kid that went missing last month…

The video was from a mountain biker, I'm guessing they were holding camera in one hand and bear spray in the other hand? Either way, I would have backed up and made PLENTY of room, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back