FPVMiller's Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpvmiller

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Got my Limitless to Infraction build finished.

It went slow because of delivery times but it is finally ready to see some road time. I just need to find a proper paved area.

It started with the Limitless roller. Walked into my lhs and grabbed it off the shelf. It was the last one too. I also grabbed some arrma exabyte buggy tires because I had an intention of running the infraction on low grass every now and then.

limitless_new1.jpg

tires.jpg

My first batch of parts came in one package. Infraction body, infraction hoons, bumper set and center diff 46t with arrma aluminum diff cups f/c/r.

first_parts_batch.jpg

Next parts to get installed were the hot racing center braces, the pps motor mount and rear cvds. Arrma loctite didn't disappoint. Even with heat I had to resort to my screw extractor. Luckily I had extra screws from my kraton6s bulkhead upgrade.

arrma_loctite.jpg

pps1.jpg

rear_brace.jpg

rear_cvd.jpg

While waiting for more parts I decided to try the motor relocation. I also got my pps center section. And I had finished the center diff with the arrma aluminum diff cup.

testing_motor_relocation.jpeg

pps2.jpg

pps3.jpg

It required a battery tray removal. For some reason I just didn't like the "look" so I went back to the dual battery tray configuration.

More parts trickled in. Hot racing bulkheads, bulkhead covers, sway bar covers, steering hubs and rear hubs,
servo mount, t2t braces and steering rack.

hr_bulkhead_hubs.jpg

hr_bulkhead1.jpg

hr_full_bulkhead.jpg

hr_hub_fr2.jpg

hr_hub_rr.jpg

hr_rear_brace_mount.jpg

hr_steering_brace.jpg

Waiting on some other parts I decided to clean up the shock slop like I did on my kraton6s. Luckily the same half bushings worked.

shock_bushing.jpg

Finally decided to mount the esc and servo after the servo got delivered. Did quick work with soldering the battery lead and motor wires. I also installed the yeah racing heatsink with the aluminum tornado fans.

esc_servo_mounted.jpg

motor_wires1.jpg

motor_wires2.jpg

heatsink_fans.jpg

fan_connection.jpg

I installed a 20t pinion. Stock infraction is 18t with a 46t center diff.

20t_pinion.jpg

On to the esc. Updated the firmware first and then programmed the settings.

esc_firmware_update.jpg

esc_programming.jpg

Calibrated, set the endpoints for the servo and tested motor direction. Everything checked out.

Moved on to the last item, the shocks. I got the aluminum pieces to complete the shock set.

aluminum_shock_pieces1.jpg

aluminum_shock_pieces2.jpg

Need some shock oil. 2000cst stock.

shock_oil.jpg

Gotta re-use the bladder on the aluminum caps. Carefully removed with some hobby tweezers.

shock_cap_bladder.jpg

The stock pistons installed are the 1.2mm hole pistons.

1-2_piston.jpg

Shock assembly

shock_pre-assembly.jpg

shock_assembled.jpg

And back together

infraction.jpg

Time to join the hoon tire burning club ? (y)

Last edited:
So to make the base infraction you just need the bumper set, hoons, body, and higher tooth count center diff? Any other parts? I been tired of waiting for infractions to get in stock anywhere online and nearest hobby shop is 2.5 hours away. I just happen to have that 6s esc and motor in my 3s which could have a home in a limitless instead and then I could have two speed build cars I could race each other with...

I am good at talking myself into bad financial decisions if you can't tell.

You also need the infraction body post mount set and 18t pinion. Besides that you have the list correct (y) ?

Hmmmmmmmmm, still undecided but it's tempting. I know once I jump on the 6s train I won't want to get off of it.

Maybe I'll actually sell something to offset the costs ?

Great build..???

I have some questions..
With all the HR parts isn't the truck going to be a lot heavier, not ideal for a speed machine ?..??
I see your using the HobbyWing XR8 combo, what KV motor is that..??
On your shocks, what is that bushing you talk about.??

Great build..???

I have some questions..
With all the HR parts isn't the truck going to be a lot heavier, not ideal for a speed machine ?..??
I see your using the HobbyWing XR8 combo, what KV motor is that..??
On your shocks, what is that bushing you talk about.??

The goal was to be a street basher/drifter. The size of it just makes it more appealing to watch compared to my last mst rmx2.0 drift kit. No speed running here so weight wasn't a concern.

The motor is a hobbystar 4274 1700kv. It's also why I went to a 20t pinion over the stock 18t.

The shock bushing is a half bushing that I 3D printed in tpu.

I'm running a Rocket motor (basically hobbystar re-brand or vise vs) 4082 1650kv with a 22T setup for pure bash/drift in mine, it's crazy fun..?

What have you set your diffs at..??
Mine are 30k/500k/60k I went heavier in the rear for a drift type setup ..??

One of your mods I like is the rear cvd's.. are they a straight bolt in.??
I would advise you get some better center drive shafts as the stock ones vibrate horribly..?

The rear cvds are just the front ones. Just grab the same cvd part for the front and install to the rear (y)

I'm using 60/500/30 f/c/r for my diffs. I like the rwd drift style and also wanted to keep steering more consistent on and off throttle.

For the center driveshafts I 3D printed some "slugs" 1mm thick and inserted it into the center diff cups. No movement at all :)

The rear cvds are just the front ones. Just grab the same cvd part for the front and install to the rear (y)

I'm using 60/500/30 f/c/r for my diffs. I like the rwd drift style and also wanted to keep steering more consistent on and off throttle.

For the center driveshafts I 3D printed some "slugs" 1mm thick and inserted it into the center diff cups. No movement at all :)
We’re those TPU? Mind sharing the STL?

We’re those TPU? Mind sharing the STL?

Yep printed in TPU. I tried to use two, one in the center diff cup and one on the input cups to the diffs. It was too stiff even with both ends at 0.5mm thickness. 1mm thick slug in the center seemed to work out nicely.

Attachments

• center_driveshaft_slug.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 51
This past sunday was the infractions maiden. I managed to get a whole 6s run (two 3s packs in series) down to lvc without incident. So much fun even though I only stayed on the asphalt. My infraction will be a road queen. After seeing how much rubber was inside I gotta print some of @magnetik's wheel wells to help with that.
got_rubber.jpg

Inspiring Limitless/Infraction build threads like this one lately + many big empty parking lots right now + my talent for making the math work for poor financial decisions = Limitless roller showing up tomorrow....

Inspiring Limitless/Infraction build threads like this one lately + many big empty parking lots right now + my talent for making the math work for poor financial decisions = Limitless roller showing up tomorrow....

Best chuckle message of my day!!! :ROFLMAO:

I don't think you will regret your roller either. I haven't had so much fun on-road since my old Ofna OB4 days (y)

Best chuckle message of my day!!! :ROFLMAO:

I don't think you will regret your roller either. I haven't had so much fun on-road since my old Ofna OB4 days (y)
I saw you're parting out the Frankenbuild to help fund your 6s projects. Knowing how much you invested in making that work it's hard to watch it go lol

I saw you're parting out the Frankenbuild to help fund your 6s projects. Knowing how much you invested in making that work it's hard to watch it go lol

It was fun and no regrets. Funding other projects really isn't the main reason though. If I don't clear one out I will end up like my drones and not enough time to use them all. Trying to keep the stable reasonable hahaha.

It was fun and no regrets. Funding other projects really isn't the main reason though. If I don't clear one out I will end up like my drones and not enough time to use them all. Trying to keep the stable reasonable hahaha.
Lol I'm running out of room as well and probably going to list my 3s Senton with misc spares soon since it's driven the least of my Arrmas now. I can't justify 4 models in the 3-4s class anymore ?

I have been putting some packs into my infraction and I am getting annoyed with the rubber and pebbles. Mostly the rubber but they both suck.

I only have one big bed 3d printer (300x300x300) but I wanted to print the pieces a bit faster (9 hours total vs 15 hours total) so I split the parts between two printers (200x200x180) and got these done. I used the split version from @suchtragedy. Next is to print the bolt-on deflectors from @magnetik. I hope they go together well...we will see.
skirts1.jpg

I have been putting some packs into my infraction and I am getting annoyed with the rubber and pebbles. Mostly the rubber but they both suck.

I only have one big bed 3d printer (300x300x300) but I wanted to print the pieces a bit faster (9 hours total vs 15 hours total) so I split the parts between two printers (200x200x180) and got these done. I used the split version from @suchtragedy. Next is to print the bolt-on deflectors from @magnetik. I hope they go together well...we will see.
View attachment 83456
You may first want to check the models to see if the holes line up in a modeler or tinkercad. The model I remixed has a different fender design than @magnetik s so the mounting holes may have changed.

You may first want to check the models to see if the holes line up in a modeler or tinkercad. The model I remixed has a different fender design than @magnetik s so the mounting holes may have changed.

The plan was to print the mounting hole section of the model just to see if they line up at all then adjust from there ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back