Vendetta Fun size Infraction (Mega 3s-4s conversion) 🙃

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a nearby park there is a perfectly straight quarter mile road about 10’ wide. Mostly smooth with a couple of slight humps. But it’s bordered by 2-4ft rocks the whole way. One screw up and smash.

Good grief it’s difficult for me to get used to even the basic procedure of driving the car at me while gathering speed, keeping it on track and then continuing on throttle as I pass myself without panic stopping or swerving. It was easier once I asked my wife to co-pilot for me but still 🫤

Just need to practice. Found a massive parking lot near by and it is huge, well over 1000 ft long at the back. It’s for one of those giant churches and is mostly empty during week days. We decided to practice there next…much less to run into.

Made a few changes. Surpass 3670, 2650kv motor with a 20t pinion. Finally found a use for the goofy hot racing fan mount I’d bought a year back. I also used a motor can brace for the first time instead of an o-ring thanks to @dure0016 printing a few out for me. Lastly I put together a center brace from parts I had lying around.

I love that this little car has (so far) only cost me the purchase price of $200 (tower scratch and dent sale). All current upgrades are parts I already had. I did just order 22 and 24t pinions, a 50t spur and 4 sets of hoons (since they are on sale). Still though, I love recycling parts pulled from other cars. Waste not want not 🙃

0344AD21-7CD1-4CFC-9B1E-5A4622F14313.jpeg

377C431D-5275-4DEA-A123-B524553BDB76.jpeg

912F9B34-0BCB-451A-9413-DA7CB8852E79.jpeg

Made a few changes. Surpass 3670, 2650kv motor with a 20t pinion. Finally found a use for the goofy hot racing fan mount I’d bought a year back. I also used a motor can brace for the first time instead of an o-ring thanks to @dure0016 printing a few out for me. Lastly I put together a center brace from parts I had lying around.

I love that this little car has (so far) only cost me the purchase price of $200 (tower scratch and dent sale). All current upgrades are parts I already had. I did just order 22 and 24t pinions, a 50t spur and 4 sets of hoons (since they are on sale). Still though, I love recycling parts pulled from other cars. Waste not want not 🙃

View attachment 225607

View attachment 225608

View attachment 225609
Ready for some passes?

View attachment 225607

View attachment 225608

View attachment 225609
Aren't you supposed to be laying still in an MRI right now? Did u bring your rig with ya? 🤣 ❤️✌️

Ready for some passes?
I wish! Need to practice more and I’ve not been feeling good and also… I still have problems driving in towards me and then staying on consistent throttle without swerving or panic breaking as it passes me. It’s just not like anything I’m used to doing so need to develop new muscle memory and auto reaction. I’m getting there though man! Will hit that huge parking lot I found this weekend for more practice. My wife and I are also looking for a decent road but dang, it’s hilly and curvy where I am.

Mainly though I still need a GPS and can’t swing it yet. Im also trying to make a splitter and side skirts from a sheet of HDPE. Can’t wait for the new hoons to come in! Got a set of silver and 3 sets of white. But I know they are only rated for what, 80mph? So at some point may have to get something better if I can even get that fast. Soon though soon, the Red Lantern will strike! 😂
Aren't you supposed to be laying still in an MRI right now? Did u bring your rig with ya? 🤣 ❤️✌️
Starts at 3pm. 3 friking hours man…I’m a bit claustrophobic, also hyper jittery so can’t stay still and I hurt like hell if I do stay still. My shoulders, hands arms go painful tingling numb, necks kills so yeah, it’ll suck. I will drug myself well though with 40-50mg of thc, a muscle relaxer and pain killer. Knock myself the fiddlestick out 😂

Last edited:
Stock steering servo died when I took it out to test drive earlier. The fans and steering cut out but throttle was okay. Didn’t kill the esc at least like I’ve heard of it doing before.
I plugged in a new s652 once back home and all worked well. Think I’ll go ahead and tear down/ upgrade a couple things before I run it again. New pinion, gps, tires etc are due in soon and I have a few other parts in my bin to try out as well.

I must get it together quickly though. There is a 15+ mile long road road widening project adjacent to our area and we noticed earlier that a long, straight and flat stretch has just been laid just outside the neighborhood. One of two lanes has been put down, 1500-2000 feet or so. It is beyond perfect and we should have access to it for a week or so before it’s fully finished. After that there will other sections down the line but they may not be quite as straight or flat.

I thought I had everything ready to go. Found the perfect brand-new road to test on. The first couple pictures are of it are below. I mean it is absolutely perfect. New 3670, 3050kv motor, with 24t pinion, side skirts, splitter… everything was set up. But calibration was off (I forgot to redo it after installing the motor) so it went screw ball right off the bat. The front splitter is brittle 3-D material I realize now, so it broke on the first curb impact and the hot racing server saver completely failed as well. Even with all the goofy issues and bouncing off curbs I still got 54 mph 😂

So I got back home, recalibrated everything and it’s working perfect now except for the servo saver. I had drawn up a template of the splitter before I installed it and since I had a sheet of HDPE 1/8 plastic, I was able to carve out a new splitter. My first attempt at making something like that and it turned out just fine. It’s way more flexible and sturdier than the 3-D printed one. I’ll probably make sites skirts and the rear tabs since those are also brittle 3-D plastic and starting to degrade already (one rear tab broke). Figure I will fill the hot racing servo saver with superglue see how that goes.

Even though it was a frustrating day it’s nothing that I can’t handle. I’ll try again tomorrow after I get the server saver straightened out. Maybe I should just ditch the servo saver. I wonder if I have a link in my spare parts that would work 🤔 Man that stretch her road is perfect. I can’t wait to get back on it with a fully functional car!

1A5E4988-CC68-4FB5-8650-CBD9C206DAB1.jpeg

930CBA97-2DB0-4988-8185-8D4930333708.jpeg

C0D4D083-C815-490B-8901-C20A813E2C0C.jpeg

09982032-7B18-42FE-8762-D499BCAC6269.jpeg

72C4C7EF-CDB1-4E39-A81B-E9352A0C77C4.jpeg

661EB9C4-9D62-4403-9E57-9AA0CD1F183C.jpeg

I thought I had everything ready to go. Found the perfect brand-new road to test on. The first couple pictures are of it are below. I mean it is absolutely perfect. New 3670, 3050kv motor, with 24t pinion, side skirts, splitter… everything was set up. But calibration was off (I forgot to redo it after installing the motor) so it went screw ball right off the bat. The front splitter is brittle 3-D material I realize now, so it broke on the first curb impact and the hot racing server saver completely failed as well. Even with all the goofy issues and bouncing off curbs I still got 54 mph 😂

So I got back home, recalibrated everything and it’s working perfect now except for the servo saver. I had drawn up a template of the splitter before I installed it and since I had a sheet of HDPE 1/8 plastic, I was able to carve out a new splitter. My first attempt at making something like that and it turned out just fine. It’s way more flexible and sturdier than the 3-D printed one. I’ll probably make sites skirts and the rear tabs since those are also brittle 3-D plastic and starting to degrade already (one rear tab broke). Figure I will fill the hot racing servo saver with superglue see how that goes.

Even though it was a frustrating day it’s nothing that I can’t handle. I’ll try again tomorrow after I get the server saver straightened out. Maybe I should just ditch the servo saver. I wonder if I have a link in my spare parts that would work 🤔 Man that stretch her road is perfect. I can’t wait to get back on it with a fully functional car!

View attachment 226920

View attachment 226921

View attachment 226922

View attachment 226923

View attachment 226924

View attachment 226925
Very cool!!! And you ain't lyin', that's a drag strip right there!!! 😧😝

Yea, drop that server saver zero and get with the link hero! 🤣

Good luck gettin' back out there. Get some vids!! 👍

Very cool!!! And you ain't lyin', that's a drag strip right there!!! 😧😝

Yea, drop that server saver zero and get with the link hero! 🤣

Good luck gettin' back out there. Get some vids!! 👍
Thanks man!! Yeah I started off trying to video but with the frustration of my car going all screwy and trying to get me I decided to stop video and just concentrate on not hitting myself. Man I was upset. According to my wife the look on my face was pure irritation. She had stayed in the car because it was 98° out… and safer.

Esc show up yet??
Not yet buddy. But the mail hasn’t gotten here yet today. It’s not like I’m sitting at the window looking out at the mailbox waiting or anything 👀
He typically arrives at 3:30 😂

Not yet buddy. But the mail hasn’t gotten here yet today. It’s not like I’m sitting at the window looking out at the mailbox waiting or anything 👀
He typically arrives at 3:30 😂
Hmmm, not here yet. I’m going to see about tracking it.

Hmmm, not here yet. I’m going to see about tracking it.
Nothing came up, it was something that said it would be here Thursday but it was inconclusive. Can you track from your end?

It’s been fun trying the low end speed thing. Even maxing out at 73 mph we’ve had a blast. It’s our first road car so the thrill is new.

Surpass 3660, 3800kv motor, 26t pinion/50 spur, 130amp esc on CNHL 3s, 6800/120c.
I made my own splitter from 1/8 HDPE and it works great. Took a 60mph header with a chunk of asphalt even. The side skirts and gps mount I got online, 3D printed. My wife and I started at 43mph, then 54, then struggled around 66…we wanted 80mph but 73 were happy with.

I just put a more parking lot bash friendly set up back in. Surpass 3670, 3050kv, 24t… Can’t do the speed thing for awhile with weird nerve and vision issues cropping up over the last month. But man this thing is a blast!

C62EBD4A-D8DB-4212-900A-80D957E00D0B.jpeg

4E7D2C64-FD1C-4262-89AE-E4ED0EB51E53.jpeg

04CAA920-7FF6-461A-AE3B-1D0CFCEE5336.jpeg

D8A57A0D-1F7E-46CF-8734-1E188AB6C803.jpeg

30AD555A-8596-482F-9FAE-D04EA602B4CA.jpeg

B85957F4-900D-45FF-9E33-DE13E7EAD56B.jpeg

E0D042BC-EF25-4398-96C9-BD861E689550.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back