Futaba question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roondog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Now that I have the Infraction I was thinking of using my futaba 4pm instead of the RTR spektrum. Does Futaba have anything similar to AVC like spektrum? Guess I'm looking for some direction or advice on what to consider or any experience people have had. I see they have gyros for heli and planes but not a lot information about surface vehicles.

Now that I have the Infraction I was thinking of using my futaba 4pm instead of the RTR spektrum. Does Futaba have anything similar to AVC like spektrum? Guess I'm looking for some direction or advice on what to consider or any experience people have had. I see they have gyros for heli and planes but not a lot information about surface vehicles.
I don't know of anything but I'm kind of curious to see if anyone else knows of anything. This would be nice to add to my vehicles for my 4PM and 4PLS as well.

GYC441 is the current Futaba car gyro (non drift)

But it does state for use with Futaba servos only, however I have been told it’s ok as long as you are using a decent digital servo.

All you need is a Gyro. It can add on to any existing radio setup.
I have used a SkyRc gyro with success.
So I added the GC301. I have it routing to CH3 to control gain from TX. My initial test run is leading me to believe I may be overlooking something. If I increase gain to full the car is not controllable at all. Once I turn the wheels they don't seem to center, rather stuck in the direction I was turning. Reducing the gain to about half doesn't seem to provide much in terms of stability. It's still easy to lose control. It's as if I am stuck in a continuous drift. Hoping someone can "point" me in the right direction, cause this gyro certainly isn't. ?

So I added the GC301. I have it routing to CH3 to control gain from TX. My initial test run is leading me to believe I may be overlooking something. If I increase gain to full the car is not controllable at all. Once I turn the wheels they don't seem to center, rather stuck in the direction I was turning. Reducing the gain to about half doesn't seem to provide much in terms of stability. It's still easy to lose control. It's as if I am stuck in a continuous drift. Hoping someone can "point" me in the right direction, cause this gyro certainly isn't. ?
I think you need to reverse the gyro. Is there a setting for that? On my Radiolink RC6GS there is an option to reverse the gyro.

After posting I was reviewing the futaba manual. There is a gyro specific setting for off, normal, and avcs. I need to experiment with that and to your point check if the gyro can be reversed. I'll report back what I find for future reference.

Correct it is a Skyrc. Guess I didn't realize the setting on my TX would only be applicable to a Futaba branded gyro. Makes sense though.

Correct it is a Skyrc. Guess I didn't realize the setting on my TX would only be applicable to a Futaba branded gyro. Makes sense though.

It has been a few years since I used the SkyRC gyro, but you basically get it dialed in the way you want it and leave it. I never tried using it for drifting but it looked like it would work well for that.

Yes on the Futaba transmitter if you have remote gain control you can alternate on/off and adjust the gain.

As for normal vs AVCS that’s a Futaba Gyro setting so maybe if will only adjust it as a % of head holding control.

I don't know of anything but I'm kind of curious to see if anyone else knows of anything. This would be nice to add to my vehicles for my 4PM and 4PLS as well.
How do you like your 4pls? I’m buying my buddies for a good price only used once

How do you like your 4pls? I’m buying my buddies for a good price only used once
I love it. Only reason I got the 4PM was because I started running into issues with all of my vehicles being on one remote so I couldn't share my vehicles with anyone while I was driving and using the remote. So I needed to get another remote so I figured might as well get a higher up one. The screen and menu make everything super simple to set up.

Only issue I ever had with Futaba was one range issue, which was my fault. I took the wire antenna from the receiver and stuffed it inside the receiver box (which the instructions clearly said not to do) and only got about 100 feet of range. I took the wire out and had full range so now I only buy the internal antenna receivers. So just a word of caution, that if you get the receivers with the external antenna that you shouldn't bunch it up and stuff it in the receiver box.

I reversed the gyro and set AVCS on transmitter. That seemed to do the the trick. Increasing AVCS makes the truck more stable at high speeds. I haven't tested if AVCS is absolutely necessary. That will be my next test. So far I'm impressed with the setup and happy to be using my Futaba transmitter.

I just got my 4PM yesterday and have been exploring options. Thanks for the timely thread OP. I'd like to add the s.bus2 voltage sensor but $50 for a random unnecessary mod is hard to justify.

I just got my 4PM yesterday and have been exploring options. Thanks for the timely thread OP. I'd like to add the s.bus2 voltage sensor but $50 for a random unnecessary mod is hard to justify.
I'd want to have the temp sensor. Maybe that's next.

I'd want to have the temp sensor. Maybe that's next.
I had a serious failure of the low voltage cutoff on my BRCC and could have lost a new 8000mAH 3S battery. Since then I've been super paranoid and wishing for telemetry on the voltage. If it weren't for that experience I'd probably be in the same boat as you and wishing for temps. I suppose with the s.bus2 hub I could do both. That would be some serious overkill on a $299 basher truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back