Granite Gear mesh constantly untightening itself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Hello everyone,

I just brushless upgraded my Granite Mega and it's stupidly fast on 2S, however my gear mesh fell apart after 50 seconds, the motor mount screws just won't keep in place. How can I make sure the screws will stay tight?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Hello everyone,

I just brushless upgraded my Granite Mega and it's stupidly fast on 2S, however my gear mesh fell apart after 50 seconds, the motor mount screws just won't keep in place. How can I make sure the screws will stay tight?

Thanks in advance for any answers
If you bash super hard the stock motor mount sucks and bends. I went with the M2C motor mount. Expensive but it helps keep the mesh tight and the motor straight. The stock one bent and that's how I destroyed my slipper clutch assembly, my metal spur gear and my pinion.

Are you using a washer under the motor screw and also are you using a quality driver to tighten the screws (MIP or similar and not the crappy ones that come with the car)?
I was using crappy drivers, but tightened it really hard
Also yes, I am using washers
If you bash super hard the stock motor mount sucks and bends. I went with the M2C motor mount. Expensive but it helps keep the mesh tight and the motor straight. The stock one bent and that's how I destroyed my slipper clutch assembly, my metal spur gear and my pinion.
I went super slow and made sure not to overburden the drivetrain

You could try some blue Loctite - give it time to set though
I just took it out for a second try, the screws lasted 15 seconds under around 20% throttle. Went about 4mph
Are there any alternatives to Loctite? Can't find it in Europe

Maybe post some pics? Did you switch screws - maybe they’re too long?
Alright so I tore it apart and the screws are completely tight
The gear mesh is also alright, so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong
I'm pushing less power than with the brushed setup, I haven't accelerated hard at all
Is there something I'm possibly missing?

IMG_20210413_160657.jpg

Okay, thats the plastic mount. I think threadlock will do the fix. Go to any home improvement store any I bet you they have some.
Thanks for the reply!
I have put in a different set of screws, with double washers, gonna try another run and get some threadlock if it fails

Do you have the wrong tooth size pinion for the spur? Looks like 32p mod teeth on the stock 48p slipper?

Also, doubling washers won't help anything unless you just need to space it out. Definitely need locktite. to keep the screws in, I had the same issue until I started using it.

Do you have the wrong tooth size pinion for the spur? Looks like 32p mod teeth on the stock 48p slipper?

Also, doubling washers won't help anything unless you just need to space it out. Definitely need locktite. to keep the screws in, I had the same issue until I started using it.
It's a team corally 22T 48P pinion gear

Sounds like your slipper came loose. Check the manual on how to tighten it back up.

Sounds like your slipper came loose. Check the manual on how to tighten it back up.
Thanks for the reply!
I actually loosened it a bit, I thought it could save my spur from brushless power lmao
Actually that's probably the issue at hand, I just had a beautiful run without any issues, lasted about 27 minutes
And it did make weird sounds, so I will def adjust the slipper

Back