General discussions - FAST RC boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Riggers are probably the best for rougher water as well.
Don't know on it getting boring, it will show you that all your lipos suck and you melt connectors a lot .:ROFLMAO:

It will be short runs, fast and furious type and you will need a retrieval method i.e. minimum is 2 boats.

Learned a lot and still enjoying it, I have 1 of each type. V-hull (actually 2), Cat (single), CAT (dual motor), Hydro and rigger plus a retriver.
I think I need to do some research on the matter..would a kayak be a feasible retrieval method? I have several of those I don't use. I already know my batteries suck..LOL.

I think I need to do some research on the matter..would a kayak be a feasible retrieval method? I have several of those I don't use. I already know my batteries suck..LOL.
I found the perfect retrieval vessel. I just moved a palm beach 55. Guy said around 3 mil.
EF1FB404-0BDD-4343-ABD3-9835CCCB58E1.jpeg

Sure, Kayaks work if you have one, just always complicates things a bit and packing it all up will be a chore.
I can understand that, I live really close to the water, I can see the lake from my house. I thought if I could rig something to tow the rc boat with a kayak when needed? The boat you shared in the photo is a rigger right? I was on their site checking them out. Looks inexpensive to get into, but I do know how that goes..right down the rabbit hole,LOL. 😉😂

Was checking one of these out on YT. Looks like they need a very smooth surface to run on eh? I'm definitely interested in a boat, have a lake thats 150 yards off my property. Afraid I'll bore of it quickly though..

I'd recommend looking at the TFL Popeye. Maybe a little more forgiving.
Riggers are not easy from what I am gathering.

I'd recommend looking at the TFL Popeye. Maybe a little more forgiving.
Riggers are not easy from what I am gathering.
Thanks, I gotta research.. I don't want something that I'm bored with on day one. Nor do I want something that's too temperamental that can only run on the smoothest of waterways.. the lake I'm referring to is relatively small, private too so, not a whole lot of traffic. They do run motor boats though.

Yes, it's a Rigger but no they are not easy, probably the most complex of all boats.

As a start, I'd get a V-hull, probably the Sonicwake V2, you want something with self-righting.
Not really a friend of ProBoat for all their proprietary crapola that makes it hard to repair, but the Sonicwake is nice (V2).
TFL Popeye is good as well, just hard to find.
Whatever you do, start your shopping here:
https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/

Never had a Genesis, my 'accident' was with the Zonda. Love it, fully repaired and going for 100+ soon.
Had it up to 96mph once but it flipped on me, no damage. Have a youtube video somewhere.
I
do have the Cheetah as well, different boat even though it looks like a Zonda, just worlds apart in handling. Cheetah is very good oval racer, Zonda definitely not.

List o'boats that are currently running:
TFL Zonda (dual 6S)
TFL Cheetah (single 6S)
TFL Pursuit (6S)
Phil Thomas Hydro (4S)
Zippkits JAE 21FE v2 Electric Outrigger (parts to build, never again :ROFLMAO: ) 4S
Hobbyking Inception V-hull (6S), prefer the Pursuit though

Retrieval
Zippkits Tug

Again, don't do Aliexpress unless you've checked out Offshore first. Ali has horrendous shipping fees since 2020.

Found the 96mph run. No damage, just had to change my diaper. Haven't tried this since, but now that I think I know what I'm doing I'll try again soon, just need more water in our lakes.

No, Genesis is the hull type.
They all look very similar, but on the water it's a night/day difference. Like the difference between a Big Rock and a Typhon, in Arrma terms.
Still a nice boat, probably would get one but out of space
:cautious:

Edit: Genesis width 250mm (~10"), Zonda 299mm(~12")

No, Genesis is the hull type.
They all look very similar, but on the water it's a night/day difference. Like the difference between a Big Rock and a Typhon, in Arrma terms.
Still a nice boat, probably would get one but out of space
:cautious:

Edit: Genesis width 250mm (~10"), Zonda 299mm(~12")
Do you think the dual motor would be better for speed, seems like it would be planted more with the weight, or more stable.. In the back of my mind I think about the dual setup being more costly of course so that plays a part!? 🤔

Speed really has very little to do with dual or single motors on boats. The high speed records are mostly done with single motors. It's a different world, keep in mind the only thing in the water is the lower portion of the prop, the rest is just along for the ride.

For us novices, dual setup equals dual complexity and dual problems, as you stated, or double trouble and double the cost.
Still fun though, I'd start with a single motor, but I do love my dual motor Zonda.

Got this rigger. Found many things I want to change.
1. Cooling water lines
2. Servo and slop in the connections.
3. The strut is loose and not centered. Just Phillips screws... I'll put in something more heavy duty.

IMG20230603111601.jpg

IMG20230603111815.jpg

Overall it's nice and excited to run it when I get everything straightened out.

Got this rigger. Found many things I want to change.
1. Cooling water lines
2. Servo and slop in the connections.
3. The strut is loose and not centered. Just Phillips screws... I'll put in something more heavy duty.

View attachment 303792

View attachment 303793

Overall it's nice and excited to run it when I get everything straightened out.

Is that a 21 or a 33?

I guess they really are B.O.A.T.'s🤣.. no matter the size!! All these pro boats are like 350+.. just for a painted hull, mind blowing!! 🤯

Building up a boat I have never been able to get one in the water for under $600 (that does not include the radio system or batteries)
The RTRs are certainly more affordable but decent models still cost in the 450-700 range.

Back