Typhon Go 4s or 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys,

I've got an new typhon 6s v3. Now, at this moment I run on single 3s batteries because the shop send me other batteries because the ones I ordered were out of stock. Should I now buy 4s or 6s as third battery?

I have decent experience (I also have an gasoline powered 1/5th scale car).

What do you guys think? Let me know!

Depends on how often u wanna replace parts. 4s lot less viscous than 6. But nothing like 6s speed n torque
i wouldn't run 3s. Underpowered for ur esc. May damage it
The esc is rated for 3s, 4s and 6s. I have ran 3s numerous times in my rigs without any issues. I even ran 2s a couple of times but didn't know if it had low voltage detection for 2s.

Will 3s damage it? I hear a lot of people say 3s does, but the manual says the esc can take 3s. But because everyone says it can't, it makes me a bit worried, because I run on 3s now.
I have run my Senton, Typhon and Kraton on 3s numerous times. That's what I use when I race indoors on concrete. I haven't had any issues. It also works on 2s but I'm not sure if it has low voltage detection for 2s or not so I've never ran it for long on 2s.

I say get a second 3s LiPo of the same exact specs. Then get a series adapter if the RC does not already have that built in. (many Arrmas do)
I am going to make an assumption that you do not have an amazing charger. Charging a 6s pack on anything sub 150 watts takes a long time. It will be overall a lower cost solution for you to pickup a second 3s pack versus picking up a 6s pack when all things are considered.

If I am wrong and you have a great charger and some funds to blow, then order up a Turnigy Graphene Panther 6s pack! It is the goto no regrets battery, and you will be blow away with the power/speed compared to the 1/5 scale rig.

-Liberty

I say get a second 3s LiPo of the same exact specs. Then get a series adapter if the RC does not already have that built in. (many Arrmas do)
I am going to make an assumption that you do not have an amazing charger. Charging a 6s pack on anything sub 150 watts takes a long time. It will be overall a lower cost solution for you to pickup a second 3s pack versus picking up a 6s pack when all things are considered.

If I am wrong and you have a great charger and some funds to blow, then order up a Turnigy Graphene Panther 6s pack!

-Liberty

You know, the thing is, i ordered two 3s batteries. At first i ordered a 3s typhon, which wasn't available anymore. So I ordered the 6s. Later I got a call and they said my ordered batteries (which would both fit into the 6s at the same time) also were out of stock. So they sent me other batteries. I asked them: "would they both fit at the same time?" And they said yes. Turns out they didn't. So now I run on single 3s instead of 6s. At the end it is all okay, because 6s would be a level too high for me. But I want a bit faster than 3s.

Btw, I have already blown most of my money.... I have a few hundreds left now... (I'm 16 y/I so don't think I'm a lunatic or something ?)

You know, the thing is, i ordered two 3s batteries. At first i ordered a 3s typhon, which wasn't available anymore. So I ordered the 6s. Later I got a call and they said my ordered batteries (which would both fit into the 6s at the same time) also were out of stock. So they sent me other batteries. I asked them: "would they both fit at the same time?" And they said yes. Turns out they didn't. So now I run on single 3s instead of 6s. At the end it is all okay, because 6s would be a level too high for me. But I want a bit faster than 3s.

Btw, I have already blown most of my money.... I have a few hundreds left now... (I'm 16 y/I so don't think I'm a lunatic or something ?)

Can you post a picture of both batteries "attempted" to be installed. Maybe someone here can help with a low cost solution to make what you have "work"
Some times it could be a simple adjustment that others have done before.

You can always turn down the settings on the radio to reduce the power/speed if 6s is too much for you.

Can you post a picture of both batteries "attempted" to be installed. Maybe someone here can help with a low cost solution to make what you have "work"

You can always turn down the settings on the radio to reduce the power/speed if 6s is too much for you.

Well, the batteries fit into the battery tray, but at top of each other. If I try to put on the body, it doesn't fit because the battery stack is too high.

But thank you for willing to help!

I let my kids run my 6s trucks all the time on 3s. They prefer them over the 3s trucks since they tend to strip the sevros in the 3s trucks with their terrible driving :cry:

But now, I have another question. So I run BLX185 on a single 3s now. Is it possible to tune the punch? Or will it draw too many amps then?

My batteries are RCR RACING lipo, 3s, 50C, 5400 mAh

You are in a bit of a pickle I’d say..3s isn’t enough already so if you go 4s then sooner rather than later youlll want to go faster(6s) but if you don’t have the proper charger it’ll take a long time to charge that 6s brick. Plus the cost of a 6s brick and possibly a new charger. It might help if you told us what charger you are using.

You are in a bit of a pickle I’d say..3s isn’t enough already so if you go 4s then sooner rather than later youlll want to go faster(6s) but if you don’t have the proper charger it’ll take a long time to charge that 6s brick. Plus the cost of a 6s brick and possibly a new charger. It might help if you told us what charger you are using.

I am currently using a HTRC H6 AC/DC charger. It can only charge with 5 A max. but I'm planning on getting a new one.

I vote 6s.
My first RC was a Talion last September. I went 6s from the start. My only regret is not fitting a front and rear bumper from the start.

The Typhon can take a Turnigy HD 5000 mah 60C battery that measures 146*51*57mm. For the performance that battery is a very good option.

But now, I have another question. So I run BLX185 on a single 3s now. Is it possible to tune the punch? Or will it draw too many amps then?

My batteries are RCR RACING lipo, 3s, 50C, 5400 mAh

I tried googling the batteries and couldn't find them. Can you post a picture?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back